3029 23 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whirlygig
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98927 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I have previously posted about being assaulted and effectivey robbed of my Mavic Pro. I have just sat with a Police officer for the last couple of hours giving my statement. During this time, I referred to my iPad to show the officer the photographs I had been taking and I found a 'Flight Log' which showed where the incident happened (Home Point), where each individual photograph had been taken, where the final assault resulted in the Mavic losing signal (when the iPad was disconnected from the controller), and importantly, how I had not strayed into any areas that could have been considered an invasion of privacy.

Can anyone please tell me how I can download/offload this off the DJI app (iPad) to send to the Police as evidence?

Thanks in advance.
2017-6-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You can export them from Go 4 as a CSV, then extract the CSV from your iPad using iTunes, but that's not actually very helpful.

Your flightRecords folder can be extracted from your iPad using iTunes, then you can find the particular record you want and provide that to the police. Unfortunately, that record is not readable by itself, it needs an app to consume the file in order to make any sense of it. You can use a tool like Airdata UAV or Phantom Help to make the log readable and then provide the url to the police.

Hope this helps you get it back!

2017-6-21
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you had video caching on, then search for your DJI_Record folder on your I-pad and you will have the streamed movie of the Mavic that crucially will include the sound recorded from your i-pad at the same time.. (At least the Android App records sound from the phone; maybe soneone esle can confirm if the same happens for i-pad).
That way you will have the sound of the guys assaulting you and a clear record of what was said....
2017-6-21
Use props
Whirlygig
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ex Machina,

Thank-you for replying. That does sound complicated though.

I went back to the app, opened up the flight record which showed the satellite view, tapped the screen which got rid of the technical details leaving the flight path, home point, the point where the final assault resulted in loss of contact, every photograph point (and we reviewed all the photo's beforehand) but most importantly, it shows I did not overfly anyone's property or even come close enough to be an invasion of privacy.  I hope this is enough to satisfy the Police's needs for now.

(If I knew how to upload the image to the forum I would do)

Thanks again...

2017-6-21
Use props
Whirlygig
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Whirlygig Posted at 2017-6-21 13:50
Ex Machina,

Thank-you for replying. That does sound complicated though.

Hi Wellsi,

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't videoing, I was just photographing. I didn't have the presence of mind to switch to video, besides, most of it happened under trees, so there wouldn't be any video to see.

See my post to Ex Machina to see how I sorted out my problem.

Thanks.
2017-6-21
Use props
Whirlygig
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Flight record
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whirlygig Posted at 2017-6-21 13:51
Hi Wellsi,

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't videoing, I was just photographing. I didn't have the presence of mind to switch to video, besides, most of it happened under trees, so there wouldn't be any video to see.

just listen to these guys and they'll take care of you.
2017-6-21
Use props
Whirlygig
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Flight Record

005.jpg

005.jpg
2017-6-21
Use props
Whirlygig
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

The Police have spoken to my attackers and done a search of the property but have been unable to find the Mavic.

I have provided the above flight record as proof of my flight. It shows that the drone was not anywhere it should not have been but also demonstrates that the thieves have subsequently realised they  have no proof and destroyed/disposed of the drone. (The Police did a search of the property).

**IF YOU ONLY READ ONE LINE**
I have photographs taken prior to losing the drone, the previews that are in the DJI album - how do I get to them? The Police want them as evidence.

Thanks for any help
(And I hope that you never find yourself in a similar situation!!)
2017-6-24
Use props
JYD
lvl.1
United States

Whirlygig Posted at 2017-6-24 05:45
Hi,

The Police have spoken to my attackers and done a search of the property but have been unable to find the Mavic.

I would sue your attacker for the loss of your property,  Small claims or something.  If their actions resulted in a loss, that is their responsibility IMHO
2017-6-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Whirlygig Posted at 2017-6-24 05:45
Hi,

How to do it with the iOS version:

• Open DJI Go 4
  • Tap on Editor
  • Tap on Album
  • Tap on photo
  • Tap on save icon in lower-left corner
  • Tap on Save to Camera Roll

Then do whatever you normally do to give people photos you've taken.
2017-6-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-6-24 17:23
How to do it with the iOS version:

On iOS there's also a share button that'll let you email the photo, or alternately use AirDrop if you're a Mac user to transfer it to your computer.
2017-6-24
Use props
Whirlygig
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ex Machina

Thank-you. I had to re-post under a separate heading to get noticed and found out how to do it, but I must say, your instructions were clearer.

I have managed to send off the photo's to the Police. Thanks.

The trouble is, my attacker has lodged a 'counter-allegation' that I was over his property taking pictures of his wife in the garden! They (attackers) have took my drone, have seen that there is no incriminating evidence (I was 120m away) and have ditched/disposed of the drone. The Police searched the property but turned up nothing. REALLY ? Should have come when I called - not 6 days later!!

My flight log, together with my photo's are the only thing that I have to prove my innocence.  But as for the (continued) attack... there was 2 of them and 1 of me.  Their word against mine.

I was only out doing something I enjoy, keeping myself to myself, minding my own business. And I ended up fearing for my life..(seriously - being accused of being a rapist by someone who obviously has a vendetta to repay, who is both verbally and physically abusive, away from public areas, in a wooded area... it was 5hit scary!!)

They have no case. I was not doing wrong.

It is up to me now to prove them guilty!
2017-6-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Whirlygig Posted at 2017-6-24 18:43
Ex Machina

Thank-you. I had to re-post under a separate heading to get noticed and found out how to do it, but I must say, your instructions were clearer.

Good luck to you.
2017-6-24
Use props
CarlitoGR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309580 ft
United States

Any news on your situation?
2017-6-25
Use props
Whirlygig
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi CarlitoGR,

Thanks for your interest.
The Police have confirmed who it was that attacked me and they did a search of that persons property. The drone has not been recovered. They are now going to formally interview the suspect under caution for the missing drone and the assault.
2017-6-25
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Take them to court on the civil assualt case, AND to court on the theft of personal property. Separate cases.
And if the police reports outline what you have told us, you may also be enjoyed to the fact that they destroyed evidence, something the courts frown upon greatly...
Good luck, and go get 'em....
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Sorry to read on this. Hopefully you get a positive resolution and get to enjoy your aircraft again.
2017-6-26
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, sorry to hear about this.  Hope you get some resolution.
2017-6-26
Use props
CarlitoGR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309580 ft
United States

That really sucks. I hope everything works out. And I'm glad you weren't seriously injured.
2017-6-29
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

If you have the serial number of the drone, give it to police also and ask them to contact DJI.  While DJI has been unwilling in the past to cooperate with individuals concerning stolen property, they may cooperate with law enforcement.  Although it's doubtful that anyone would try to re-activate and use the drone,  it's a possibility.
Otherwise, court action is totally appropriate in this case - assault AND robbery. If the police won't file the charges, take it to civil court.
2017-6-29
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

If the mavic came down and they didn't turn it off, surely somewhere in DJI HQ would be able to see if it moved from its landing position based on GPS pings..... if they didn't turn it off then it would be still sending its position up until the battery died......if they turned it off before carrying it off then no chance, long shot I know but imagine if your serial /mavic was pinging its position all the way to their house while they were carrying it!!  Would be proof they took it and where it ended up....might not help but maybe worth asking DJI as that could be the proof you need....
2017-6-29
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

RCNJ Posted at 2017-6-29 10:35
If the mavic came down and they didn't turn it off, surely somewhere in DJI HQ would be able to see if it moved from its landing position based on GPS pings..... if they didn't turn it off then it would be still sending its position up until the battery died......if they turned it off before carrying it off then no chance, long shot I know but imagine if your serial /mavic was pinging its position all the way to their house while they were carrying it!!  Would be proof they took it and where it ended up....might not help but maybe worth asking DJI as that could be the proof you need....

Dude...  no, that's not how GPS works.  DJI has no connection to your Mavic's GPS system, independently of software on a table/cell phone and an internet connection.  
2017-6-29
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

method007 Posted at 2017-6-29 10:56
Dude...  no, that's not how GPS works.  DJI has no connection to your Mavic's GPS system, independently of software on a table/cell phone and an internet connection.

Ahh ok, then it's a no go, was just wondering if anything could show the craft near/where she suspects the people who took it that's all bud.
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules