1895 10 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vincentmd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1174111 ft
France

Hi everyone,

I am hopening a new thread here in order to get my message read by DJI and hopefully find a solution. I am having a terribly bad experience with DJI Support. My Mavic Pro is stuck at DJI repair center and they are literraly trying to steal my money to pay for their mistakes. It sounds incredible but this is the reality and I never did anything wrong! Not to mention that I already spent hours on the phone with support agents that don't understand anything. DJI support agents in my experience keep repeting the same sentences without understanding problems.

Here is a recap of my case:

• The first issue happened early May when the RC lightning cable was faulty leading to sporadic connection between the RC and the phone (CAS-622358-R0H8W2). I had to constantly connect and disconnect the phone and the remote which is a terrible experience during flight. It took a month to DJI to send me a replacement part after I sent then 10s of emails. Unfortunately I crashed the Mavic because of this issue. I crashed the Mavic when the connexion issue happened as this situation led me to do a wrong action. Given the case CAS-622358-R0H8W2 was not handled properly, I think DJI should take part of the responsibility for the crash. Anyway I am also flexible and I told DJI that I could cover the repair myself. The Drone is now seating at DJI Netherland facility since 20 days (I sent it back to the Netherlands per DJI request)
  • The second issue is my DJI CARE REFRESH. On the quotation of the repair, the agent mentioned my DJI CARE REFRESH does not work in the EU because it was bought outside of EU. Of course! I was living in San Francisco when I bought the Mavic together with the DJI CARE REFRESH on DJI website and now I live in Amsterdam in Europe. It was never stated anywhere on the DJI CARE REFRESH  online page and on the emails I received following the purchase. Even the Service Agreement which is basically a contract between DJI and me does not mention any area / regional limitation. The "Coverage" and "Exclusions" parts do not mention this as well.

Now listen to DJI's proposed solution after spending several hours on emails and phone support:

#1 : DJI Netherlands send me the drone back unrepaired and I am free to use the US Care Refresh by sending my Drone to the US and collecting it in the US
Very bad solution, why? Because DJI never said in its Terms and Conditions that I bought a US version of the Care Refresh. They don't even said that they have geographic restrictions. I would never have bought the Care Refresh in the US if I'd be aware of this from their online store or from Care Refresh Terms and Conditions. Also, DJI asked me to send my Drone back to the Netherlands after I provided my device serial# and my care refresh#. Who knows why?

#2 : Pay for the repair in full. Pay a new European Care Refresh and DJI can cancel my US Care Refresh but with no refund

I am ok to pay for the repair which I should not given DJI responsability and the fact that I own a Care Refresh. I am also ok to buy the European Care Refresh and cancel the US one but I should get a refund of the US one. If not this is just a scam - And indeed yes that is what DJI is trying to do

2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I've responded to your initial thread about this. Given where you've purchased the aircraft and DJI Care Refresh, using either the warranty or DJI Care Refresh would not be applicable at the European Facility. I have forwarded your information to the appropriate team to try and see if there is a more positive resolution that can benefit both parties, but that's the most that can be done at this time.
2017-6-21
Use props
vincentmd
lvl.2
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-21 13:39
I've responded to your initial thread about this. Given where you've purchased the aircraft and DJI Care Refresh, using either the warranty or DJI Care Refresh would not be applicable at the European Facility. I have forwarded your information to the appropriate team to try and see if there is a more positive resolution that can benefit both parties, but that's the most that can be done at this time.

Thank you Jamie. May I ask you why your DJI Care Refresh page and the Terms of Service mentions DJI as a single entity and does not say a word about regional coverage? Anyone can make mistakes that's ok, but why not updating your website to be accurate (the new FAQ section #11 is not visible enough).

I am disgusted by the experience so far but I am still open to solutions. Why not refunding me the US Care Refresh that I haven't used and letting me buy the European Care Refresh? You would give me the opportunity the have a Care Refresh in my region and you would not miss a cents (which sounds so important to you ;))
2017-6-21
Use props
vincentmd
lvl.2
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-21 13:39

I have responded to you in the other thread. Just updating here as well.

3 important things  to mention:

1/ When I read the Terms and Conditions in March they were not mentioning anything around coverage area / region. This is not applicable to me

2/ I cannot say anything about the FAQ but the FAQ is not binding and you cannot require a customer to read full FAQ before purchase

3/ Please find my Refresh Service Agreement. It does not mention any area/regional restriction:

1/3

1/3

2/3

2/3

3/3

3/3

It would be ok to me to cancel the US Care Refresh and I would buy the EU Care Refresh + paying these repair fees.

2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

vincentmd Posted at 2017-6-21 14:23
I have responded to you in the other thread. Just updating here as well.

3 important things  to mention:

It's uncertain whether or not the US Care Refresh could be refunded to use, since it most likely invovles the insurance company that DJI does not own, but works with to an extent. I know that the Repair Centers would not be able to handle that part of the Care process, but I'll see what the options are.

Because you do have another thread about this, it would be recommended to keep the posting on this issue to one of them, so that responses aren't missed or needlessly duplicated.
2017-6-21
Use props
vincentmd
lvl.2
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-21 14:56
It's uncertain whether or not the US Care Refresh could be refunded to use, since it most likely invovles the insurance company that DJI does not own, but works with to an extent. I know that the Repair Centers would not be able to handle that part of the Care process, but I'll see what the options are.

Because you do have another thread about this, it would be recommended to keep the posting on this issue to one of them, so that responses aren't missed or needlessly duplicated.

Thank you Jamie. Agree - we can keep discussing in this thread.
I want to confirm that I have gone ahead and paid for the repairs.

So if I understand well, you are going to see what the options are regarding the Care Refresh. From a customer standpoint and given the lack of information when I bought it in March it would be wise to either refund the US Care so I can buy the EU one or to do a discount on the EU Care to offset the price of the US Care. Thank you.
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

vincentmd Posted at 2017-6-21 15:10
Thank you Jamie. Agree - we can keep discussing in this thread.
I want to confirm that I have gone ahead and paid for the repairs.

Yes, addressing the US DJI Care Refresh would be the next course of action since you're moving forward with the repair process. Again, I don't know for sure that what you're requesting can be met, but I'll see what can be done.
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Like Jamie mentioned, we do make it clear in FAQ that DJI Care does not support international coverage , sorry for the confusion caused by service agreement, I will feedback this to our engineer to elaborate clearly in agreement.I'm sorry that I cannot find the case number which you sent in your Mavic, I think you pasted the wrong number on the thread above. Could you please provide again? Thank you.

Internatinal coverage.png
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-22 00:50
Like Jamie mentioned, we do make it clear in FAQ that DJI Care does not support international coverage , sorry for the confusion caused by service agreement, I will feedback this to our engineer to elaborate clearly in agreement.I'm sorry that I cannot find the case number which you sent in your Mavic, I think you pasted the wrong number on the thread above. Could you please provide again? Thank you.

I found the correct case number on another thread, I've checked the case,my colleague has contacted you for the further resolution.
I have also contacted our engineer that we feel sorry for this situation, but the  cost of this case still need to be paid by yourself, then, please send email to djicare@dji.com with your case number and serial number to apply refund of DJI Care Refresh, they will help you out and purchase the right version of  DJI Care Refresh.
2017-6-22
Use props
vincentmd
lvl.2
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-22 01:29
I found the correct case number on another thread, I've checked the case,my colleague has contacted you for the further resolution.
I have also contacted our engineer that we feel sorry for this situation, but the  cost of this case still need to be paid by yourself, then, please send email to djicare@dji.com with your case number and serial number to apply refund of DJI Care Refresh, they will help you out and purchase the right version of  DJI Care Refresh.

Hi,

Thank you Jamie and Mindy. I have just sent an email to djicare@dji.com to request the cancellation and refund of the current refresh and to buy a European Care Refresh. Will keep you posted as soon as I hear back from them.

Vincent
2017-6-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

vincentmd Posted at 2017-6-22 02:08
Hi,

Thank you Jamie and Mindy. I have just sent an email to  to request the cancellation and refund of the current refresh and to buy a European Care Refresh. Will keep you posted as soon as I hear back from them.

Vincent, our DJI CARE team will reply you soon, hope we can get it sorted out shortly. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, just click on the "reply" button here so we can get a reminder.
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules