Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sporadic gimbal behavior
522 9 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2e910883
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4970 ft
Canada

Has anyone seen this type of issue before?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5vCebcMmmaBaUYwa1l5WFpFWUE

I love the mavic but I just got it 3 days ago (best buy) and it's been giving me constant headaches from horizon tilt, to hover drift, and now this really weird gimbal behavior.

So far I've:

Updated the firmware
Done the screen calibration through assistant
Callobrated the Compass
Callborated the IMU
Uninstalled DJI GO 4, and recalibrated.
Bought new props to make sure they weren't the issue.

This issue happens consistently outdoors, in wide-open spaces with full reception and GPS lock. The gimbal issue is not consistent but seems to happen when I'm throttling forward, or banking left/right leading me to believe its got sometthing to do with how the gimbal is sat in its frame but as far as I can see the rubber bands seem to all be suspending the gimbal and the arms remain beneath the black protruding tabs (gimbal guard). Although if I tried I could easily pry the back arms out from under these tabs.

Support has been super slow to respond and I'm just curious whether others have experienced these issues or whether I might have a faulty unit. And in the case of the latter scenario, does anyone have experience dealing with warranty when purchased from a vendor that doesn't offer returns (i.e best buy). Thanks!

2017-6-21
Use props
CGS
lvl.1
United States

I didn't see where you have done a gimbal calibration you might check that. Also, I was having some strange gimbal behavior, different than yours, and also my screen would go black, iPhone 6S. I had these issues for a couple of days and then ran across a YouTube where someone was having the same issue. Their trial and error IDed it as the connection into the micro USB connection on the controller from the hid iPhone. Next time the issue happened I unplugged and plugged the connection on the controller while the Mavic was still flying. The issue went away. The YouTube I referred too said his problem became a bigger issue and he switched to his iPhone connecting to the full size USB port on the controller and the problem has never occurred again. Next time mine does this going to try this route. Good luck!
2017-6-21
Use props
CGS
lvl.1
United States

I didn't see where you have done a gimbal calibration you might check that. Also, I was having some strange gimbal behavior, different than yours, and also my screen would go black, iPhone 6S. I had these issues for a couple of days and then ran across a YouTube where someone was having the same issue. Their trial and error IDed it as the connection into the micro USB connection on the controller from the hid iPhone. Next time the issue happened I unplugged and plugged the connection on the controller while the Mavic was still flying. The issue went away. The YouTube I referred too said his problem became a bigger issue and he switched to his iPhone connecting to the full size USB port on the controller and the problem has never occurred again. Next time mine does this going to try this route. Good luck!
2017-6-21
Use props
Tombolian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Looks like you were about to get all pervy anyway lol... jk.
Not exactly this, but using Litchi in 'Focus' mode, my gimbal started flying all over the place in ways that I can't explain.  It was facing me and it acted sorta like it does upon startup, bouncing all over the place, over and over.  Exited Focus mode and normalcy returned, so, assuming mine was just a 3rd party software glitch.  Good luck with yours!
2017-6-21
Use props
fans2e910883
lvl.1
Canada

CGS Posted at 2017-6-21 17:30

Sorry forgot to include the gimbal calibration. I've done that several times.

That's an interesting thought. I have a ton of male to female usb-c's (i'm using a pixel xl on android.) so I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

I was just testing things in my apartment and I don't know if this is a result of mag interference/no gps but even when the mavic is sitting flat on level ground the gimbal seems to be yawing left and right ever so slightly.
2017-6-21
Use props
fans2e910883
lvl.1
Canada

Tombolian Posted at 2017-6-21 17:57
Looks like you were about to get all pervy anyway lol... jk.
Not exactly this, but using Litchi in 'Focus' mode, my gimbal started flying all over the place in ways that I can't explain.  It was facing me and it acted sorta like it does upon startup, bouncing all over the place, over and over.  Exited Focus mode and normalcy returned, so, assuming mine was just a 3rd party software glitch.  Good luck with yours!

Lol I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't worried people nearby would be thinking that but no no I was trying to test out active track on the sail boats.

The more videos I watch the more and more concerned I'm getting. Not only do I have horizon tilt, but I get random image stutters, that gimbal spin craziness, and I also notice huge differences in the quality of footage when I yaw mid flight versus what I see on youtube. If I do a full 360 turn even with half aggression on the joysticks my image blurs and slants dramatically till the gimbal/drone slow down or come to a stop.

As a Canadian this is a $1700 device -  feels really crappy to have to be dealing with these issues and the uncertainty of how DJI will handle it. Not encouraged by their unresponsiveness.
2017-6-21
Use props
Censurion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448192 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have some strange gimbal behavior also. With de DJI Go App and also in my DJI Goggles. It looks like the gimbal is "flipping" for 10 to 15 seconds. After that everythink is normal without doing antythink. First reacties was that my Mavic was crashing but it is only the gimbal. Perhaps DJI Support can test if this is a bug....
2017-6-22
Use props
quantum
lvl.1
Canada

Censurion Posted at 2017-6-22 03:05
I have some strange gimbal behavior also. With de DJI Go App and also in my DJI Goggles. It looks like the gimbal is "flipping" for 10 to 15 seconds. After that everythink is normal without doing antythink. First reacties was that my Mavic was crashing but it is only the gimbal. Perhaps DJI Support can test if this is a bug....

This is the same thing that happens to me..I didn't catch it in this video but it flips not just flicks to the side. However, when its done the gimbal starts tilting left and right and makes these weird swaying motions - and doesn't correct itself till I recenter the gimbal. I'm going to try and capture a video today.
2017-6-22
Use props
quantum
lvl.1
Canada

Censurion Posted at 2017-6-22 03:05

This is the same thing that happens to me..I didn't catch it in this video but it flips not just flicks to the side. However, when its done the gimbal starts tilting left and right and makes these weird swaying motions - and doesn't correct itself till I recenter the gimbal. I'm going to try and capture a video today.
2017-6-22
Use props
CGS
lvl.1
United States

quantum Posted at 2017-6-22 03:57

New firmware update. Just loaded. Maybe some of the gremlins will be fixed.
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules