New battery
668 10 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I ordered a new battery on eBay and I got it today. It was $81 delivered. It's most likely a repaired battery for that price. It looks dang near brand new. It says it only has one cycle on it although I'm sure if the tsop was replaced then of course it would only say one cycle. Everything looks good on it. It seems to work fine but I can't fly since I'm in the middle of a tropical storm right now. It did have to update the firmware but that only took like literally one minute. I'll post some pics up of my old battery and the new one. The new ones on the left. If anybody's interested I'll send you a link to where I got it.
image.png
image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2017-6-21
Use props
AndyP.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3738274 ft
  • >>>
United States

im interested in why the battery capacities differ, could it be a fake battery, or battery chemistry that makes the differences
2017-6-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's most likely an after market battery which means you're putting your AC at risk regardless of what you think the stats are showing.  Good luck.  
2017-6-21
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I just was asking about prices for a new battery. What is the link to this ebay battery?
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You would want to be wary if this is an after market battery, as it could void the warranty should any damage can void the warranty. Are you getting any "non DJI Intelligent Battery" warnings.
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

AndyP. Posted at 2017-6-21 15:54
im interested in why the battery capacities differ, could it be a fake battery, or battery chemistry that makes the differences

If it's actually an older battery, then it could be that the cells are already worn a bit. It's speculative based on the idea that it could be a repaired battery.
2017-6-21
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phan ... 2057872.m2749.l2649
Its listed for $80 plus shipping but I submitted a $70 offer and it was accepted.

If its aftermarket its a bootleg copy which ive not seen. Its got all the same dji markings . No battery warnings at all. The ink is the same color. It looks different in the pics but thats just the light reflecting. They are exactly the same. Everything about it is the same as the original battery. As far as the capacity being different I doubt that there are many that are exactly the same, 50-60 mah equates to a couple of seconds, if that. Im not at all worried about  it being used or repaired or whatever. I have insurance, if anything bad happens then thats why I have insurance. I fully intend to put it through its paces before I fully trust it, im just waiting on this storm tropical storm to pass so I can fly. The IC chips in these batterys go bad and some Indian cat is sitting at a work station swapping em out. Those people know what there doing. I saw a video of a guy that repairs them and hes pretty good. Hes got the cases all neatly disassembled and if youve ever taken a p4 battery apart you know thats an almost impossible task. If you take a p4 battery apart and put it back together and I cant tell youve done it then yeah your pretty bad ass.
2017-6-22
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

It has a DJI Serial number as well 082ad7p0310lnt. Id be interested to know its manufacture date.
2017-6-22
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I just went out for a low altitude flight during the eye of the storm which is the most windy place in the storm, at least along the edge anyway but no rain. Man my p4 was just as rock solid as ever. I dont know what the wind speed was but I assure you it was kicking. I went up as high as 100ft but I stayed around 50 ft up for most of the flight. I put it in atti mode at about 75 ft alt and it took off hauling butt. Ill have to check the log to see how fast the wind was taking it. The wind put that battery through a pretty good workout. It flew for over 21 minutes before crid landing kicked in.
2017-6-22
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-6-22 05:17
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-4-Part7-Intelligent-Flight-Battery-5350mAh-15-2V-LiPo/232358186401?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Its listed for $80 plus shipping but I submitted a $70 offer and it was accepted.

That is the lower capacity battery and it is used. It's only worth $80. $70 is a good deal for it, in my opinion.
2017-6-22
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-6-22 16:26
That is the lower capacity battery and it is used. It's only worth $80. $70 is a good deal for it, in my opinion.

May be used but it cant be used to much. Its pretty dang clean. It said one cycle but thats really hard to believe but it is getting  a little more flight time than my old battery with 61 cycles.
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules