Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cleaning props
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djilover10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63225 ft
United States

I was trying to attach my props, but ther was sticky residue inside of the plastic threads on all of them, including the extra set I have.
I tried to soak them in warm soapy water and wipe the inside part of the props that attach onto the motors with clorox wipes but that didn't work.
So I scraped at the sticky residue with a needle, but that caused damage to the inside on one of them.
What can I do? Somebody please help me. What I mean by threads is like the lining, inside the props, that tightens onto the motors.

2017-6-21
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Was this a new drone?    When new they are taped over and when removed, there should not be a residue.   If used,  maybe the previous owner was using some kind of thread lock?
2017-6-21
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.3
United States

Try Goo Gone
2017-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If the threads in the propellers are damaged, it would be best to buy replacements. The only other way to remove sticky residue would be an agent like rubbing alcohol, but it's odd that they are like that in the first place. Please answer post #2 at your earliest convenience.
2017-6-21
Use props
djilover10
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-21 18:34
If the threads in the propellers are damaged, it would be best to buy replacements. The only other way to remove sticky residue would be an agent like rubbing alcohol, but it's odd that they are like that in the first place. Please answer post #2 at your earliest convenience.

Would hydrogen peroxide also work, since it forms a fizzy reaction?
I literally had my props in the prop bag and I didn't do anything bad to them except attach them to my drone which is a good thing. This drone was not a used product when I got it for my birthday. it was brand new from Best Buy. It is just so annoying when you see that an important thing of your expensive, favorite, product, gets damaged when you take care of it and you don't do anything bad to it.
2017-7-16
Use props
djilover10
lvl.3
United States

pasaytenpete Posted at 2017-6-21 18:19
Was this a new drone?    When new they are taped over and when removed, there should not be a residue.   If used,  maybe the previous owner was using some kind of thread lock?

It was new. NOW I CAN'T FLY MY NEW PHANTOM 3 DRONE UNLESS I GET NEW PROPS! Don't worry. I am not mad at you.
2017-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Replacement props are pretty inexpensive. Advise is to replace any that are not up to snuff...
If you want to get right into the threads, use a clean Q-Tip, soaked in 99% Isopropanol.

RedHotPoker
2017-7-16
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

yes, just replace the props.. perhaps use goo be gone to clean your motors if there's residue on the motor thread.. how is the rest of the drone and motors.. clean? Any time there's any issue with the props, just replace them... usually it's worth replacing all 4 to keep them same age about too... more or less.... I had thread on 2 props go bad so far.. when I have hard time getting it to screw onto the motor.. i just toss it..  (well, I mark it with sharpie X, and give it to my kids as a toy ;)
2017-7-16
Use props
djilover10
lvl.3
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-7-16 21:06
yes, just replace the props.. perhaps use goo be gone to clean your motors if there's residue on the motor thread.. how is the rest of the drone and motors.. clean? Any time there's any issue with the props, just replace them... usually it's worth replacing all 4 to keep them same age about too... more or less.... I had thread on 2 props go bad so far.. when I have hard time getting it to screw onto the motor.. i just toss it..  (well, I mark it with sharpie X, and give it to my kids as a toy ;)

Attention everybody. This is a closed forum now. I already got new props.
2017-12-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

djilover10 Posted at 2017-12-24 11:07
Attention everybody. This is a closed forum now. I already got new props.

Pics or it didn't happen. Hahaha

What did you do with the goo?

RedHotPoker
2017-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules