Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro Plus Focus Issue - After Updating Firmware
2631 9 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans57774094
New
Flight distance : 7795 ft
United States

I am a new drone owner and I recently purchased the Phantom 4 Pro Plus. Everything seemed to work as expected. Clean and Crisp video at 4k 60 fps looked great. Then I updated the firmware on my Aircraft and RC and now I am having trouble focusing. I have filmed under same conditions, same spot and same time of day and the videos look completely different after the firmware upgrade. I have tried to rollback the controller but unable to. Does anyone know where I can find the previous firmware version bin file for the controller. I am able to downgrade the aircraft via dji assistant. I would prefer a better fix than to downgrade the firmware but I am willing to do anything at this point. Thank you for your recommmendations and help.

Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.2.0.0
Aircraft Firmware : V 01.04.0602

Before

Before

After

After
2017-6-21
Use props
fanse52ede28
New
United States

Hello, I'm a newbie here. Just returned my 3 days old p4p for a new one. The picture quality was like the 2nd pic you posted here, blurry and not shrap at all. Haven't tested my new p4p yet. Do you know what firmware version you were on before you update it to the latest one? Thank you
2017-6-21
Use props
Lowdspeaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290856 ft
United States

This may or may not give you your answer, but after I updated to the latest firmware recently it reset all of my video and camera settings, even deleting my custom shooting preset. When I was out filming  yesterday I did notice that the camera's focus was feeling a little sluggish but my video quality seemed decent. Although I haven't reviewed the full resolution files on my computer yet it seemed sharp on the remote and in the preview. Are both those images you posted from the aircraft's SD card or are either of them the copy that appears on your monitor/device?
2017-6-21
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
China

wow thats a big difference. i experiencing same problem. before i thought the camera would be much better as my P3 pro. but sadly its almost same
2017-6-21
Use props
fans57774094
New
United States

fanse52ede28 Posted at 2017-6-21 19:24
Hello, I'm a newbie here. Just returned my 3 days old p4p for a new one. The picture quality was like the 2nd pic you posted here, blurry and not shrap at all. Haven't tested my new p4p yet. Do you know what firmware version you were on before you update it to the latest one? Thank you

I do know not know what firmware before the upgrade. I ordered it on 05/26. I am going to try to return it to DJI. Any advice?
2017-6-22
Use props
fans57774094
New
United States

Lowdspeaker Posted at 2017-6-21 19:57
This may or may not give you your answer, but after I updated to the latest firmware recently it reset all of my video and camera settings, even deleting my custom shooting preset. When I was out filming  yesterday I did notice that the camera's focus was feeling a little sluggish but my video quality seemed decent. Although I haven't reviewed the full resolution files on my computer yet it seemed sharp on the remote and in the preview. Are both those images you posted from the aircraft's SD card or are either of them the copy that appears on your monitor/device?

They are both from the SD card and original export photos from the video.
2017-6-22
Use props
Lowdspeaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290856 ft
United States

fans57774094 Posted at 2017-6-22 02:45
They are both from the SD card and original export photos from the video.

You should check your video and camera settings to see if your sharpness is turned down and maybe also calibrate your gimbal and imu for good measure.
2017-6-22
Use props
lefty23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1657625 ft
Canada

Same thing happened to my P4Pro+.  I also lost my maps.  DO THEY NOT TEST THEIR FIRMWARE BEFORE RELEASING???
2017-6-23
Use props
fans57774094
New
United States

Lowdspeaker Posted at 2017-6-22 08:30
You should check your video and camera settings to see if your sharpness is turned down and maybe also calibrate your gimbal and imu for good measure.

Thank you for your support. It looks like my video is working sharp and clear after changing back to the original sd 16gb card. I am going to test some more today and will upload my results in the next few days along with all specs on the cards etc. Thank you again.
2017-6-27
Use props
piggio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27388 ft
Italy

I had the same problem of the user lefty23... It lost all the maps for the other functions it seems to be ok...

I've contacted many and many times DJI support and the answer was at the end to downgrade the firmware!!! after that answer I' responded to them if they are nuts, because after a customer has buyed a P4P 4 + and sepnt near 2.000 € you can't give an answer like that!!!

And "Wonderful" answer was that one tey gave to me when I've asked if and when the application GS Pro will run on my P4P 4+ and they responded to me to buy a new controller and connect an iPad or iPhone to run the application....

So DJI one last question... WHAT ARE YOU DOING ???????

2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules