Autofocus on different MFT lenses or Handwheel 2?
1038 6 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leecohen
lvl.1
United States

Hey Everyone!

I'm considering purchasing an Osmo PRO, but I've heard the DJI lens does not autofucus well. One option is purchasing the Handweel 2, which is there is surprisingly little information on, or perhaps it's getting a different lens such as the Olympus 12mm F/2. Does anyone have experience with different lenses on the X5, in terms of which autofocuses the easiest? Or should I just stick to manual focus via the Handwheel 2?

Thanks everyone,

Lee
2017-6-21
Use props
Jonathandear
lvl.2
Australia

I would not use the AF on the m43 lenses with the x5pro. I have the hand wheel 1, amazing and with focus peaking and new wired connection it is the only way to get shallow, sharp video that is consistent!
2017-7-15
Use props
leecohen
lvl.1
United States

Jonathandear Posted at 2017-7-15 18:31
I would not use the AF on the m43 lenses with the x5pro. I have the hand wheel 1, amazing and with focus peaking and new wired connection it is the only way to get shallow, sharp video that is consistent!

Thanks. I just got the handwheel 2 and I agree! With the hand wheel and the crystalsky with a clear bright screen, the wired connection and focus peaking, I've got a pretty complete setup. Haven't started testing audio options yet, but very pleased with the results
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

leecohen Posted at 2017-7-19 05:10
Thanks. I just got the handwheel 2 and I agree! With the hand wheel and the crystalsky with a clear bright screen, the wired connection and focus peaking, I've got a pretty complete setup. Haven't started testing audio options yet, but very pleased with the results

Thank you for your support to DJI, hope you have a pleasant experience with our products.
2017-7-19
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

leecohen Posted at 2017-7-19 05:10

i am guessing you have the 5.5 inch version?

do you have this monitor attached to your osmo handle? id love to see your setup with the crystal sky monitor...
2017-7-20
Use props
leecohen
lvl.1
United States

marctronixx Posted at 2017-7-20 21:29
i am guessing you have the 5.5 inch version?

do you have this monitor attached to your osmo handle? id love to see your setup with the crystal sky monitor...

Yeah, I'm using two-sided velcro to mount the monitor to the mount meant for the cellphone. Works fine for now, but I pre-ordered the "official" DJI mount. Will post a pic soon of the whole set-up.
2017-7-24
Use props
leecohen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-19 22:59
Thank you for your support to DJI, hope you have a pleasant experience with our products.

An issue just came up I was hoping you could help me with. In order to connect the CrystalSky to the Osmo via the wired connection, I had to update the firmware on the OSMO. Since doing that, the Handwheel 2 has stopped working, and instead flashes light (indicating a failed firmware update?) repeatedly.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules