Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lowepro Droneguard 250 vs Viewpoint BP 250
8041 24 2017-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
octm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84695 ft
United States

i was thinking to buy a backpack to fit all fly more combo, a laptop and a small camera. Impas looking tô these 2:

http://store.lowepro.com/backpacks/viewpoint-bp-250-aw

http://store.lowepro.com/droneguard-bp-250

Anyone have one of this two? Or any other option?

Thx
2017-6-21
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5253 ft
United Kingdom

I'm in the market for a similar backpack to fit in the drone, controller, spare batteries.  A DSLR and maybe a tablet/small laptop when I got travelling later in the year.  Would be good to see what people think of these, since the viewpoint is one that's in my short list at the moment.
2017-6-22
Use props
Vasco
First Officer
Flight distance : 5427717 ft
Greece

Do you believe that DJI googles can fit in these cases?
2017-6-22
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

I bought the Viewpoint AW 250 and sent it back. The slide out compartment isn't really suitable for the Mavic. It isn't tall enough and is a squeeze. They have marketed the ability to put a Mavic into it afterward, I don't think it was originally made for it, Plus you can't fit the whole flymore pack into the compartment.
Also it creates a hard line midway down the back and is uncomfortable to wear. The droneguard looks like a much better option to me.
2017-6-22
Use props
Ispy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148301 ft
United States

I have the Viewpoint BP 250 and I literally couldn't have asked for a better backpack. I read on another thread that someone said to just buy it and you won't regret it so I did and they were right. I offer the same advice: Just buy it, there's a reason it's always out of stock.
2017-6-22
Use props
Ispy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148301 ft
United States

The Droneguard does look more suitable to the Mavic, however,  I travel a lot and I like that I can fit more than just my Mavic in the Viewpoint, as always this is IMHO
2017-6-22
Use props
octm
lvl.1
United States

I also saw the backpacks from peakdesign. I'm going to dig a little bit more.
2017-6-22
Use props
Clare_G101
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39236 ft
United States

Jenkins Posted at 2017-6-22 06:38
I bought the Viewpoint AW 250 and sent it back. The slide out compartment isn't really suitable for the Mavic. It isn't tall enough and is a squeeze. They have marketed the ability to put a Mavic into it afterward, I don't think it was originally made for it, Plus you can't fit the whole flymore pack into the compartment.
Also it creates a hard line midway down the back and is uncomfortable to wear. The droneguard looks like a much better option to me.

Really? I have that backpack and I really enjoy it, it works great with my mavic, and it's great that I don't have to carry the whole backpack, I can just take the little carry on out and carry that with me
2017-6-22
Use props
octm
lvl.1
United States

Bought the droneguard. I'll post my impressions as soon as I have it here.
2017-6-22
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

octm Posted at 2017-6-22 12:54
Bought the droneguard. I'll post my impressions as soon as I have it here.

Please post back.  I would be interested in knowing if a DSLR could fit in that compartment at the top of the bag in the front.
2017-6-22
Use props
GMG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Jenkins Posted at 2017-6-22 06:38

I've just done exactly the same thing. It arrived yesterday, my assessment was pretty much the same as yours (as well as that it seems too big). I sent it back this morning.
I've Just ordered a Tahoe 150 BP as it seems more modular. I also like the fact that when you open it, everything is there, rather than having to fossick about in multiple compartments. Only drawback I can see is the lack of an all weather cover. Fingers crossed that it proves the right bag, for me, at least.  I also have a Lowepro Slingshot 150 AW, which is very well made, but I've found the single strap too uncomfortable on anything more than a very short walk, so no longer use it.
2017-6-22
Use props
octm
lvl.1
United States

So here is a quick video that i made showing the backpack

2017-6-29
Use props
octm
lvl.1
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-6-22 13:36
Please post back.  I would be interested in knowing if a DSLR could fit in that compartment at the top of the bag in the front.

Check this out!
2017-6-29
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Excellent!  Many thanks for posting the video.  Looks like that larger pocket will have no problem holding my DSLR with lens.  Looks like I'm buying another bag!
2017-6-29
Use props
octm
lvl.1
United States

I bought this to put my camera.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGMZL8W/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=octmaron-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B06XGMZL8W&linkId=4576e1d22be2e36dabc16cfc27e4d5fd

It's really nice and worth to protect the camera
2017-6-29
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5253 ft
United Kingdom

For anyone else looking at bags, i ended up ordering both the following:

Amazon Basics ~£35
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 2_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Manfrotto Large Advanced Gear Bag ~£79
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 2_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tried out the Amazon Basics first with Mavic, Controller, DSLR + 1 Lense, Bridge Camera, Gorilla Pod Tripod, Full size Tripod (using clips on side of bag).  There was plenty of room for spare batteries and an additional DSLR lense (didn't have it to hand for the test).

Didn't even bother trying to fit it all in the Manfrotto, even though it would have fit easily i believe.  I return the Manfrotto.

I couldn't justify more than double the cost given the following observations:

- It was actually smaller than the Amazon Basics
- The quality didn't feel like it was worth more than twice as much.
- The side pouches on the Manfrotto don't have any kind of flap, the Amazon Basics has velcro flaps over making them more usful.
- Manfrotto only have 1 clip for the tripod on the side, Amazon Basics has two clips, help to fit more securely.

Hope this helps.  If needs be I can post a couple of pics I took if anyone is interested.

Dex
2017-7-14
Use props
fans990608d9
lvl.1

United States

For those that purchased the DroneGuard 250, does it have the All Weather cover? The photos on the LowePro website suggest it does, but the LowePro rep answering a question about the bag suggested it doesn't. Does it have the pouch for it, but not the cover itself?
2017-10-2
Use props
Donal Rafferty
Flight distance : 232690 ft
United States

No it doesn't have a waterproof cover. Fairly easy to get one that covers this size bag though.
2017-12-7
Use props
MavikMatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 660092 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've just taken delivery of a Droneguard BP250 and like it a lot. So far, have packed the full combo, filters, basic accessories, Sony tripod and Garmin Virb with space to spare. Who has perfected the best 'pack out' on this? I might grab a hi-vis rain cover from our cycling shop, but at the moment I don't plan to be out in that level of poor weather for now. In fact, I havent managed to get a decent weather here for a few days now :-(
2017-12-18
Use props
Thudd
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Looking for a good Mavic, goggle backpack.
2017-12-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The droneguard 250 looks the best out of these two if I were considering either.
2017-12-18
Use props
alex_bogdi1988
Second Officer
Flight distance : 631312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the BP250 and it fits the DJI Goggles, my laptop, chargers and a bunch of random things. Love it!
2018-1-23
Use props
bdo
New
United States

alex_bogdi1988 Posted at 2018-1-23 23:45
I have the BP250 and it fits the DJI Goggles, my laptop, chargers and a bunch of random things. Love it!

The BP250 in the Droneguard or the Viewpoint?

I ordered a Droneguard BP200 (since it was available in my area) but will be returning it. It's a bit too skinny of a backpack.
2018-1-24
Use props
Brian88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

I'm a huge fan of F-stop bags.
http://fstopgear.com/

I have the Ajna for hiking and the Dalston for daily adventures. both fit the fly more pack with space to spare.
2018-1-24
Use props
Mini-G
Captain
Flight distance : 644603 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bdo Posted at 2018-1-24 09:42
The BP250 in the Droneguard or the Viewpoint?

I ordered a Droneguard BP200 (since it was available in my area) but will be returning it. It's a bit too skinny of a backpack.

Hi,

Did you end up getting your Droneguard BP250? What's the size comparison like?
Not many places stock it where I am, they can order it in but I want to see it before I buy.

Thanks!
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules