Mavic stuck on 00.00.000 firmware!
1273 9 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansea0bce82
lvl.1
United States

So For some reason my Mavic will not update, fails over and over where the rc will update just fine. I've tried everything others have suggested when it comes to  update attempts. This is rite out of the box. Going back to factory settings only ends up back at 00.00.000. I've searched and have found a few other dji drones to have this same problem but no solutions. The drone flies fine but I'm afraid of some malfunction during flite so I avoid flying altogether. This is my second Mavic, 1st one was lost due to auto landing at 10% in a dense wooded area. Please help I'm so frustrated by this.
IMG_6832.JPG
2017-6-22
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

If doing via app make sure mobile data off and just use wifi, or is that via the assistant 2 app ? I couldn't get mine to show (only controller) so via app on wifi only seemed best way.
2017-6-22
Use props
fansea0bce82
lvl.1
United States

I'm away from home rite now and am curious of something that could be helpful. When I got the drone before turning on I removed the 16gb SD and installed a 32gb card. Is it possible that the firmware version was loaded on the 16gb card and by me removing it and starting with the 32 it is undetectable? I would try the card but I'm on vacation on the west coast while my 16gb card is at home in Oklahoma.
2017-6-22
Use props
fansea0bce82
lvl.1
United States

I use the dji assistant 2 app
2017-6-22
Use props
fansea0bce82
lvl.1
United States

I've tried all available versions and they fail. RC will take but there is continuous failure with AC. I had  DJI mindy even add .350 to my account and still nothing but failures. Strange how it flys good even in this situation.  
2017-6-22
Use props
fansea0bce82
lvl.1
United States

Any suggestions?
2017-6-22
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I got my Mavic it was doing the same thing, I tried everything and nothing, then I tried the only combination I hadn't tried, I switch the mavic from RC mode to wifi mode, connected my phone to the mavic via Wi-Fi and turn on data lte on my phone and that was the only way it went thru, after that I use assistant 2 for firmware upgrades and I haven't had a single problem more, I was about to return mine for an exchange,not sure if you tried this combination yet, but if you haven't its worth a try.
2017-6-22
Use props
fansea0bce82
lvl.1
United States

Yep I'll be trying that this evening. Thanks for the suggestion!
2017-6-22
Use props
fansea0bce82
lvl.1
United States

So I tried the update over wifi mode and it will download but never update. It will sit on a loading wheel but stays on 0% then fails.
2017-6-22
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansea0bce82 Posted at 2017-6-22 20:30
So I tried the update over wifi mode and it will download but never update. It will sit on a loading wheel but stays on 0% then fails.

The only thing strange with your Mavic is that it shows all zero values for firmware version , mine was at .300 when I bought it, which leads me to believe that there might be something wrong with your Mavic , since it can't read the actual firmware installed, could be a defective motherboard , I would contact support to see what are your options, for repair or replacement .
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules