Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
firmware upgrade required causes problems
951 7 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1f775486
New
Flight distance : 83780 ft
United States

When DJI decides to put out there a new firmware upgrade and you try to fly your drone, it won't allow you to fly it because the app is set up by DJI to be that way. Now, lets say that you plan a trip to record a film that needs your drone to take the best shots of the day, this is why we spend so much money on these drones right, and your phone has just enough internet signal to get the information from dji that there is a firmware upgrade, but you don't have enough internet signal to download the software or the time to do it at that moment. Some of us use the drone for bussiness perpouse, and this kind of issue affects our bussines standards. DJI should either allow you to fly your drone without doing the firmware upgrade, or give you 5 flights after you know you have to do the firmware upgrade or let you know ahead of time that there will be a firmware upgrade so that we can prepare for it. But not just come out of nowhere and not allow to fly the drone that you paid so much money for and at that point becomes useless, then why should I buy the next drone with you or why should I recoment DJI drones to others, or why should I give good feedback to people about DJI, righ?
2017-6-22
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

as far as I know, you can just ignore the update?
2017-6-22
Use props
I am the E
Second Officer
  • >>>
Japan

It's like an exwife that keeps on and on and on nagging you forever!

DJI, Once we say NO it means NO... lol
2017-6-22
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

fly with litchi!!!
2017-6-23
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

So far you never are forced to upgrade unless you want the new features. I have been traveling with unreliable internet access and just said no to the upgrade. Everything was fine.
2017-6-23
Use props
Pitando
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Portugal

Same here... Still in 0400 and app ask to upgrade everytime I Have Internet. Just ignore
2017-6-23
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

The bottom line is you always need to employ a  strategy to  do the update in an environment that you have time to. It can wait if you have a shoot to complete.  Also, if your contention is that you are using drones for business purpose, always have a back up plan or perhaps additional drones. Firmware update is a way of life for anything technological. That includes your mobile devices and computers as well. You also have the Assistant 2 Software to update the firmware which would take some of the chance factor out of any firmware update.
2017-6-23
Use props
Sime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

I love and encourage firmware updates, the goggles got slightly better yesterday, so much so that I was thinking of selling them, now I'll hold off for a bit.
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules