Mavic Pro IMU 1: Calibration Failed. Automatic Orientation Error
16215 17 2017-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0dcfc8d2
New
Flight distance : 2356 ft
United States

Hello, I am hoping that there is someone that can help me. I am a relatively new Mavic Pro owner.

Last weekend I took my drone out with me driving up Mount Antero Mountain. I live in Colorado and the road travels to nearly 14,000 feet in elevation. On the way up the mountain I pulled out the Mavic Pro and started shooting footage of a water crossing. Everything worked fine.

I then drove another mile or so and tried to fly the drone and received a notification that their was a metalic interference and the IMU needed to be calibrated. I tried to calibrate the IMU on the side of a dirt road on the mountain and received an IMU Error. I have attached screen shots of what I am seeing when I try to calibrate the IMU or Compass. The unit will not allow me to fly at all and I am growing very frustrated. I have picked up a number of jobs that require the drone footage and as it is right now I am unable to use the Mavic at all.

I have updated to the latest software. Tried to calibrate in a number of locations. Inside, outside, at my office, at my house, etc. I read somewhere that sometimes putting the Mavic in the fridge for a little bit to make sure that it is cool will help. I tried putting it in for an hour and then attempted to calibrate with the same result.

I have tried to clean the unit with air to see if there was dirt or dust that somehow interfered and did not see any different results.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can give me some direction. I even tried to find a repair place in Colorado and was unable to locate one. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the dji warranty until I was already beyond the 48 hour window to purchase it.
2017-6-22
Use props
fans0dcfc8d2
New
United States

I am also getting this warning regardless of where I am
IMG_1676.PNG
2017-6-23
Use props
fans0dcfc8d2
New
United States

I am not sure why the screen shots didn't appear before but let me try this again.
IMG_1672.PNG
IMG_1673.PNG
IMG_1674.PNG
IMG_1675.PNG
2017-6-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please re-upgrade the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2, then power off the drone , wait about 30 minutes until the drone it is cool. And then, power on the drone, calibrate the IMU immediately. If it is still the same , I would recommend you send it in for service,  http://www.dji.com/support .
2017-6-23
Use props
fans7994c837
New

Brazil

Hey man, have you tried to re-update via the DJI Assistant 2? Does it work now???
I am having the same issues by the way. And I have my wedding next week and honeymoon after on! Really need my Mavic to fly again. My problems started right after updating the Firmware.
IMG_6288.PNG
IMG_6278.PNG
2017-6-29
Use props
fans0e79bb43
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm getting the exact same problem. I have reinstalled, reformatted, refreshed the software on the drone a couple of times now and still no luck. The online support have given me a proper support email address to email, but they are closed over the weekend. Just going to get a refund as the service I have had so far with them has been terrible.

I am also going traveling next weekend and gutted DJI have sold me a brick.
2017-7-1
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same issue. I've flown a bunch of flights since upgrading to .900, 13 yesterday, and had zero problems. Then this morning I went out to fly and got an IMU error. When I try to calibrate it, I get the same error - 71 as the other folks in this thread. Going back to .800 and doing a reset was of no help.

Update: I read in another thread that a DJI rep suggested putting it in the freezer for 30 minutes then try the calibration with it cold. This did absolutley nothing, problem still exists.

2017-7-3
Use props
fansd8f50535
New

United States

I solved the issue!!! I was getting the same errors everyone has been getting the accerelometer gets stuck... slap the top and sides of the drop really hard with the tip of our fingers to loosen the accelerometer.. that's what I did and it worked like a charm.. I received my drone today.. open the box and it had the imu calibration error everyone be having.. SLAP it trust me! Save you much more head ache then sending it in... it fixed my problem.. didn't even open it up.. I was gonna send it back for returns.. it is not a software error it's a hardware error.. the imu calibration error come from the pendulum in the accelerometer..
2017-7-26
Use props
fansb89a88df
New

United States

Did this “SLAP” method really work?
2017-10-8
Use props
djiuser_6AAvXmV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13379 ft

United States

My Mavic Pro IMU Couldn't Calibrate at all, I tried reinstalling firmware and updating the Software for my drone and Controller, but still problem exits. The "ACC1 & GYR01 IS working but not the ACC0 & GYR00" Please Help me solve this.. Thanks
2017-11-17
Use props
djiuser_6AAvXmV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13379 ft

United States

It Stuck at 2/5. I'm tried of waiting.Can someone Please Help me solve this.
This is My Gmail: saisitutun@gmail.com
Thank you so much !!

2017-11-17
Use props
fans8958c37f
New
Flight distance : 912 ft
Finland

I have IMU error too. I calibrated IMU and in the end it says IMU calibrated successfully, but still it says calibration failed on the sensor state window (same as the picture above). I tried to re-install software, but same thing happened again. im really frustrated. Last time i flew mavic there was problems with lagging picture, it lagged very much ( i have to take mavic down because it really updated picture like once in a minute). Can  anybody help me with this?!?
2017-11-20
Use props
Aikifly
New

United States

fansd8f50535 Posted at 2017-7-26 23:13
I solved the issue!!! I was getting the same errors everyone has been getting the accerelometer gets stuck... slap the top and sides of the drop really hard with the tip of our fingers to loosen the accelerometer.. that's what I did and it worked like a charm.. I received my drone today.. open the box and it had the imu calibration error everyone be having.. SLAP it trust me! Save you much more head ache then sending it in... it fixed my problem.. didn't even open it up.. I was gonna send it back for returns.. it is not a software error it's a hardware error.. the imu calibration error come from the pendulum in the accelerometer..

I was skeptical but tried the slap or more accurately tap hard method and it worked. However now compass doesn't seem to want to calibrate. Will try this again tomorrow. I never got an error message just wouldn't go past  2
2017-12-18
Use props
fans7a58d8f6
New
Brazil

Meu mavic pro está com erro -71 alguém pode me ajudar a resolver esse problema , ou alguém teve problema parecido e resolvido.
2018-1-14
Use props
fansc117b648
New
Brazil

fansd8f50535 Posted at 2017-7-26 23:13

Helo,
how do I loose the accelerometer, could you guide me
2018-1-31
Use props
brandX006
lvl.1
Flight distance : 369321 ft
United States

I too was having the same issue with my mavic pro....I tapped all around the top and bottom while it still had the IMU error on the screen...it disappeared instantly....i was skeptical but that IMU error has been coming up on me for a few weeks now and it seemingly disappeared after tapping it.  By the way when I would actually try to calibrate the IMU as it was asking it would get almost to the end of the first page and lock up.
2018-1-31
Use props
Farhan 60
New
Indonesia

Dji mavic pro saya rusak imu error calibration gara gara saya update firmware melalui Dji assistant..
Baru 3hari pemakaian..
Sudah 1 bulan lebih saya kirim ke servis center tidak siap siap.. gimana solusinya..
20180114_225058.jpg
2018-2-26
Use props
djiuser_9rnwZPQ626T3
New

Argentina

djiuser_6AAvXmV Posted at 2017-11-17 14:18
It Stuck at 2/5. I'm tried of waiting.Can someone Please Help me solve this.
This is My Gmail:
Thank you so much  !!

Please I have the same problem with my Mavic Air. When I try to calibrate the Imu stuck in 2/5 for ever.
Please help. Thank you.
From Argentina
Carlos
2020-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules