Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom 3 Standard is Available. (23/06/2017)
123Next >
56292 106 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • All-in-One firmware Version: v1.9.20
  • DJI GO app iOS Version: v3.1.11
  • DJI GO app Android Version: v3.1.5

What’s New
  • Updated No-Fly Zone Management.
  • For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.

Notes
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • DO NOT turn off the remote controller or exit the DJI GO app during the update process.

2017-6-23
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

If this is a P3 Standard update announcement ............ then why show a P3 Pro update video ?
Also please explain this DJI.com down load page :

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads

Which still shows the 1.08.10 FW as the latest for P3S ......

Nigel
2017-6-23
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

OK downloaded but not from your video suggested link which is not correct ... but from another DJI page ...

Installed by :

Downloaded to PC
Transferred to root of SD card after removing the old .bin file on there.

This is where I do not agree with update method as I had many problems in first days of ownership many moons ago and I have my own way now !

Switch on RC
Switch on AC without SD card.
Let them lock RC will turn green, but AC LED will flash RED as it tries to find the SD card.
Insert SD card (I find I lift the AC and tilt it so camera gimbal rotates camera giving me better access to SD card slot).
Put back on flat surface and leave both RC and AC alone while you go make a cup of tea. It will make all those beeps and LED will flash RED GREEN on the AC.

After about 15 or minutes ... beeps change and LED is green on AC. Switch off AC then switch off RC.

Now start up everything as normal ... RC then AC then Tablet ... check that all is GREEN !!

Now do the non-critical calibrations such as Gimbal and Controller.

Check setting you normally have such as Max altitude .. Flight modes ... distance off etc. Reset to your parameters.

Power down.

Go outside to nice clear open area away from metals and influences. Do full calibration of IMU and then Compass ...

That's it.

Get a fresh battery and test fly.

I did this update ... did the rest as here ... then did a quickie flight .... 1200m with no problems at all ..... only reason I didn't go further was I had trees obscuring the RC to AC and this caused RTH.
I have no reason to believe I will not have similar performance as before.

Nigel
2017-6-23
Use props
Rabe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 967907 ft
Germany

What will happen, if the APP crashes and I have to restart it? Will the AC descend to 30 m because of not conected to the APP?
2017-6-23
Use props
RtinTN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 469734 ft

United States

Great. Looks like the forum is about to get busy again.
2017-6-23
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Just tested it - good range ... all went ok ... couple of blips on video ... but nothing unusual.

Nigel
2017-6-23
Use props
fans7083c21b
New
Flight distance : 48862 ft
United Arab Emirates

Maybe this time i will not yet update the AC am scared if there is problem with Dji Go App Atm
2017-6-23
Use props
RedHawk420
First Officer
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

Do you have to be connected to the internet to fly? I don't have data with the tablet I'm using
2017-6-23
Use props
fans1dbcde6a
New
Flight distance : 3307 ft
United Kingdom

Heya, having a lot of trouble downloading this update, Phantom 3 std won't stop beeping an the update has gone on for 40 minuites stuck on 20% with the phantom and the remote flashing red lights. Anybody else having trouble?
2017-6-23
Use props
fans255d9152
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109606 ft
Colombia

Instalé la nueva versión y no accede a los modos de vuelo inteligente ni me permite volar en modo Atti
2017-6-23
Use props
fans1c0437e8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31667 ft
Greece

hello!,
updated with xiaomi redmi 4 note with first time!. UPDATE SUCCESS! (this was my first time success ) seems ok! will test it in the weekend. i dont think that have made any changes on the software its all about the restrictions for non fly zones at a later version that will come.
did not ask to login again, yet.
standard have no connection to wifi cause it uses it to connect to the RC. i think it will manage it by the gps.
we will see anyway!
2017-6-23
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

RedHawk420 Posted at 2017-6-23 08:33
Do you have to be connected to the internet to fly? I don't have data with the tablet I'm using

No you do not need an internet connection to fly. Only needed when you need to re-register once they release a new version of the DJI-go app. This FW by itself does not implement the new geofence and location data.
2017-6-23
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-23 06:08
OK downloaded but not from your video suggested link which is not correct ... but from another DJI page ...

Installed by :

Hey Nigel,

Can up copy and past the  link to the page you found the download on.
2017-6-23
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-6-23 09:36
Hey Nigel,

Can up copy and past the  link to the page you found the download on.

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _FW_V01.09.0200.bin
2017-6-23
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

No.

Internet is only used at Home for :

Updates
Downloads
Cacheing maps from Internet for use when flying.

Nigel
2017-6-23
Use props
MerlinL14
First Officer
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Here we go, more restrictions placed on us even though we have paid for the equipment DJI still has the upper hand in how we operate it!
2017-6-23
Use props
fans1aa535d0
New

United States

I was looking to upgrade to a P4 but I am done with dji. I will look at autel or yuneec for my upgrade
2017-6-23
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Rabe Posted at 2017-6-23 06:42
What will happen, if the APP crashes and I have to restart it? Will the AC descend to 30 m because of not conected to the APP?

Good question. I assume Litchi and other programs can still be used but with the new issue/limitation?
2017-6-23
Use props
Padster8543
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162208 ft
United Kingdom

No. Internet not required.
2017-6-23
Use props
Padster8543
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162208 ft
United Kingdom

Flick S2 up and down twice to activate RTH.  Had to do that on one flight after this update
2017-6-23
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

fans7083c21b Posted at 2017-6-23 08:21
Maybe this time i will not yet update the AC am scared if there is problem with Dji Go App Atm

I think I will pass on this update for now.
2017-6-23
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Captain
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I updated successfully using battery one. Rebooted RC and Drone. Powered off Drone and RC.Then unloaded the battery and inserted Battery TWO. It's seem that no update required. I checked the version on the App and shown the latest firmware. Same with my Battery Three. Hmm...
2017-6-23
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-23 06:08

Installed by :

So this update dose not address the - Strong Interference Detected  problem just flight restrictions. Think I will wait, before updating.
2017-6-23
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

So u are to use the SD card that's in your AC to copy to then place it back into AC, then turn AC on, does that sound correct?
2017-6-23
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Post #3 ... I have a slightly different way that always works for me.

To those little bit confused about battery's and update .... when you insert battery and switch on - the FW is compared between SDCard bin and the battery during the first few seconds. It updates in those couple of seconds and you will not realize that its done. This is why I advocate leaving FW bin file on the SDCard.

Nigel
2017-6-23
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Range test FW 1.09.20

System :

P3S
Argtek Antenna system, two flat panel 2.4 and stick omni 5.8
Icarus 27db RC and AC
Litchi

Nexus 7 vers 2 16Gb Android
32Gb generic SD Card

Screen recorder : DU Recorder

Wind 5 - 6m/s from SW, temp 23 C.

Flight out direction SSE

Nigel
2017-6-23
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

There seems to be some paranoia going around that this latest FW allied with Go will restrict users by imposing limits ... but I don't see any problems in this new FW ... especially that they had already announced plans to implement GeoFencing etc.

When I get to a clear area and weather improves - I now have latest FW and updates of Apps. P3S has talked across all its parts to ensure batterys / display / RC / AC are all at latest ... I intend to try a flight with NO app operating. Just as a straight RC + AC trial ... see what happens.

Nigel
2017-6-24
Use props
Knobbynomates
First Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-24 00:23
There seems to be some paranoia going around that this latest FW allied with Go will restrict users by imposing limits ... but I don't see any problems in this new FW ... especially that they had already announced plans to implement GeoFencing etc.

When I get to a clear area and weather improves - I now have latest FW and updates of Apps. P3S has talked across all its parts to ensure batterys / display / RC / AC are all at latest ... I intend to try a flight with NO app operating. Just as a straight RC + AC trial ... see what happens.

Just updated to All-in-One firmware Version: v1.9.20 - through the app/phone - took about 15 minutes

It did change my maximum height and rth altitude (as expected)

Unfortunately it's too windy to fly here at the moment but everything else checks out ok
2017-6-24
Use props
OrlyP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

Also went for flight test using Litchi after the update.

Successfully flew to the legal altitude of 120 meters and a horizontal distance of 86 meters. All without issues.

So, is the height and distance restriction only in effect when you're NOT using an app? EDIT: Ok, figured out what it meant.
2017-6-24
Use props
Cartelz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459948 ft
Sweden

Yeah I wonder to? If the app crash wath happens?
2017-6-24
Use props
Cartelz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459948 ft
Sweden

What happens if the app crash or lose connection?
2017-6-24
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

To answer the App question. I am sure there are others here more able than I to test this in an open clear area ... all it needs is to change WiFi connection while flying on your tablet / phone. Watch what happens (of course you did do this within Line of Sight didn't you !) ... when you have answer - switch back to Phantom WiFi ....

I would suggest that anyone NOT used to flying Multi-Rotors manually without video feedback should avoid doing this test.

Another way of course is to just switch on RC and AC without tablet and fly. If the update means that in any circumstance without APP you are restricted to 30m x 50m ... you will soon know and its close enough to fly by visual.
The wind is terrible outside today or I would try ...

I am interested in an answer as I have had my tablet shut down on occasion for no reason. I know I am not only one. When its happened before - AC has hovered waiting command...... regardless of height / distance.

Nigel
2017-6-24
Use props
Salmonslayer
Second Officer
Canada

solentlife Posted at 2017-6-23 22:51
Post #3 ... I have a slightly different way that always works for me.

To those little bit confused about battery's and update .... when you insert battery and switch on - the FW is compared between SDCard bin and the battery during the first few seconds. It updates in those couple of seconds and you will not realize that its done. This is why I advocate leaving FW bin file on the SDCard.

Hi Nigel,

You noted "This is why I advocate leaving FW bin file on the SDCard."
But earlier in your detail of the FW download you said "Transferred to root of SD card after removing the old .bin file on there"

Sorry but I am new to this and this is really confusing , I do greatly appreciate your patience and help with this.

Clint

2017-6-24
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-6-24 07:47
Hi Nigel,

You noted "This is why I advocate leaving FW bin file on the SDCard."

No prob ..

The emphasis is on removing the OLD bin file ... the previous version 1.08.10 FW bin file.

The new 1.09.20 bin file remains on my card for battery updates if needed until next new FW. Then it will be removed and the new FW bin file saved to root.

I keep CURRENT FW bin file... but not the old.

Nigel
2017-6-24
Use props
fans814ed400
New
United States

Never loads past 8 percent
2017-6-24
Use props
fans814ed400
New
United States

Drone propellers will. It turn? Everything connected
2017-6-24
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

OK ... on the subject of App and disconnect ....

Litchi has option to do autonomous mission flight where you can set the AC to fly well out of RC range and it will follow a set course / height etc. etc.

This effectively means that the AC will be disconnected from APP during the flight mission ....

Because the Mission upload over-rides the RTH when  it flies out of signal range - does it also over-ride this 30m x 50m limit this FW imposes ?

This is a DJI Forum with supposedly DJI personnel monitoring ... Can DJI please give us answers ?

Nigel
2017-6-24
Use props
Axor11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 687028 ft
Ireland

I wonder if this firmware update help with my crap distance
2017-6-24
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53862 ft
United States

Axor11 Posted at 2017-6-24 12:54
I wonder if this firmware update help with my crap distance

I just flew with this firmware today and I don't believe the range changed. It was a good flight and the drone flew just the same as normal. I only had one time when the app crashed but it was not a full crash, the screen went black and took me to the equipment screen. The drone did not even move (it was about a few hundred feet away) so at lest this functioning is not super sensitive. Over all it was a good firmware with no bugs I have seen and it still works with litchi,(I flew it the go app and litchi). Safe flying with the new firmware!
2017-6-24
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53862 ft
United States

Also I did not use a preprogrammed flight path with litchi. I just flew around.
2017-6-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules