Tropical Storm Cindy
591 4 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

So I took my p4 up for a flight during tropical storm Cindy. Im on the east side of the storm. I went up to kinda survey the situation during a time when there was no rain. My p4 was just as rock solid as ever. The wind was just crazy. I wasnt concentrating on getting the greatest fottage. I was more worried about flying around trees in a tropical storm so its not great. I threw it together with 10 minutes of post so it is what it is. I purposly put the props in the shot so the video would show exactly what the p4 was doing and how it was handleing the wind. I am certainly impressed. A lesser bird would have been taken away with the wind.

2017-6-23
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

Wow, just HOW severe was that wind? Looks kinda severe in the trees. Better than the 3 Pro?
2017-6-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Id say it was a good 30-40 mph sustained wind. The p4 took it like a champ. I was scared it was gonna get carried away so I just flew close to where I launched from but it never acted like it was in anyway unable to handle it. I flew for over 21 minutes. Never got any high wind warnings either.

2017-6-23
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Did you check your in flight air speed with airdata?  Pretty cool site for general flight data info...
2017-6-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-6-23 18:42
Did you check your in flight air speed with airdata?  Pretty cool site for general flight data info...

I did not. Ill check into it though.
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules