Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark RC photo button issue
4523 17 2017-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans295bf26d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74488 ft
United States

Anyone else having issues with the right hand camera button (photo) not doing anything? I have pressed it, held it down etc. but nothing. I have to use my phone to take a photo. The record button on the left side of the RC works perfect.
(And yes I have ensured the camera is on photo mode, but technically i understand if i was on video mode and pressed the right photo button it should switch the camera setting after one press and take a photo with the second press).

Any tips/soltions beyond restarting/setting everything (tried). Am i being stupid?

Everything else is working great!

Thanks

2017-6-23
Use props
fans295bf26d
lvl.1
United States

Bumping for visibility
2017-6-24
Use props
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

If you are in video mode you have to actually end video mode to take a picture. It doesn't work like a cell phone where you can snap a pic at the same time you are recording.   It's a gripe of mine because it should certainly be capable of doing it. It's a pain to have to stop in the middle of a video to take a pic.
2017-6-24
Use props
fans3c3673db
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

Also, the first time you press it takes you to camera mode...the second press takes a picture.

I also found out that after initiating a Dronie and cancelling the Dronie before it stopped the maneuver/video itself (because my Spark was not climbing...another issue) the camera (video or still) would not work.
2017-6-24
Use props
fans295bf26d
lvl.1
United States

I dont think you understand my issue; to summarize hitting the photo button any number of times doesnt do anything..

...When in video mode hitting it doesnt switch to photo, and when in photo mode it doesnt take photos.
2017-6-24
Use props
Jestered
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16112 ft
United States

I had a similar problem.  I fixed it by resetting and re-syncing the RC with the Spark.  Check the manual for how to do so.
2017-6-24
Use props
fans295bf26d
lvl.1
United States

Jestered Posted at 2017-6-24 10:13
I had a similar problem.  I fixed it by resetting and re-syncing the RC with the Spark.  Check the manual for how to do so.

Figured it out and unfortunately it's a production fault with the controller...

Unlike the left side record button where a general press on any part of the button will initiate record, my RC controller requires me to hit the very very lower part of the right side photo button for it to take a photo

Hoping DJI can simply ship me a replacement controller?! Can anyone from DJI advise?
2017-6-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans295bf26d Posted at 2017-6-24 16:39
Figured it out and unfortunately it's a production fault with the controller...

Unlike the left side record button where a general press on any part of the button will initiate record, my RC controller requires me to hit the very very lower part of the right side photo button for it to take a photo

Sorry to hear about the problem you are faced with, may I know you have contacted our tech support to report it and get a case number to send it in?
If you still have the remote in your hand, would you please help me confirm the remote SN? thanks.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-6-24 10:04
Also, the first time you press it takes you to camera mode...the second press takes a picture.

I also found out that after initiating a Dronie and cancelling the Dronie before it stopped the maneuver/video itself (because my Spark was not climbing...another issue) the camera (video or still) would not work.

Just to verify, it does not climb when flying in Dronie mode?  If so, please takeoff and ensure the aircraft is flying at least 2 meters above the ground then initiate a Dronie, it will perform normally.
2017-6-26
Use props
Mrlukehobbs
lvl.1
United States

I have this same problem, did you have to send your remote in?
2017-7-14
Use props
Aaronetch
New
United States

Mine doesn't work very often, it worked for about 4 pictures today for the first time then stopped working. So now I know it will do it how do I make that happen everytime?  FYI Doesn't matter where I press the button.
2017-9-23
Use props
Aaronetch
New
United States

burned a whole battery resetting, re updating every thing like it was brand new and now it toggles back and forth and the picture button is working. Must have been operator error from jump street, so much gets firmware geeesh.
2017-9-23
Use props
Kin Dan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197 ft
Ireland

I have this same issue but on my phone. Any suggestions?
2018-2-5
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168658 ft
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-24 09:43
If you are in video mode you have to actually end video mode to take a picture. It doesn't work like a cell phone where you can snap a pic at the same time you are recording.   It's a gripe of mine because it should certainly be capable of doing it. It's a pain to have to stop in the middle of a video to take a pic.

Agree completely. Hate having to interrupt the video recording to capture a still image.
2018-2-5
Use props
kenneth Wunschel
lvl.1

United States

that button is programmable thru a configuration which gives you a variety possible assignments.
Check to see if its configured to your liking...look for the pull down menus. not sure if it was controller config or camera config. I believe its like that for the programmable button or the fN assignments
2018-2-5
Use props
fansa6d9d300
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-26 18:05
Just to verify, it does not climb when flying in Dronie mode?  If so, please takeoff and ensure the aircraft is flying at least 2 meters above the ground then initiate a Dronie, it will perform normally.

would it be possible to suggest that in a future update to take stills while recording?
2018-2-5
Use props
Kin Dan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197 ft
Ireland

My problem is i cant take stills at all even when not recording
2018-2-6
Use props
LoChEf23
New
Flight distance : 12881 ft
Italy

Don't know if you already solved the problem or not...however, I had the same issue and I solved it downgrading the DJI GO 4 app to the version 4.1.15: with this version everything (photo button and OTG cable) works fine.
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules