123Next >
8800 99 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c3673db
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I have the most current firmware according to DJI Assistant 2 (v01.00.0400) and my Spark does not climb in Dronie mode.  Any idea when a fix for this will be out?
2017-6-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please connect the aircraft to a PC with Assistant 2 installed, then export the data from black box and the flight log?
Please upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, we'll help you analyze the data once receiving it, thank you very much!
2017-6-25
Use props
Dji Randhawa
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-25 02:36
Would you please connect the aircraft to a PC with Assistant 2 installed, then export the data from black box and the flight log?
Please upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, we'll help you analyze the data once receiving it, thank you very much!

Hi Natalia, my spark is also not gaining altitude while flying backward in dronie mode. Also in helix mode it drifts away from subject. Rocket and circle seems to work fine. I am going back and forth with dji support ( chat ) and they first told me to reinstall the app (dji go 4) on my note 4 and refresh the firmware (v01.00.0400) . So i did that and tried Dronie again. But it still didnt work. Again had a chat session with dji support. This time they told e to do compass calibration and IMU calibration and then again refresh the Firmware (v01.00.0400) and reinstall the app. So i did all that but still spark is not gaining altitude in Dronie. I have no idea what to do about that. Please help me or otherwise let me know whats the procedure of returning the drone or getting new one in replacement.
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dji Randhawa Posted at 2017-6-25 05:37
Hi Natalia, my spark is also not gaining altitude while flying backward in dronie mode. Also in helix mode it drifts away from subject. Rocket and circle seems to work fine. I am going back and forth with dji support ( chat ) and they first told me to reinstall the app (dji go 4) on my note 4 and refresh the firmware (v01.00.0400) . So i did that and tried Dronie again. But it still didnt work. Again had a chat session with dji support. This time they told e to do compass calibration and IMU calibration and then again refresh the Firmware (v01.00.0400) and reinstall the app. So i did all that but still spark is not gaining altitude in Dronie. I have no idea what to do about that. Please help me or otherwise let me know whats the procedure of returning the drone or getting new one in replacement.

I am so sorry to hear about your experience.
We are concerned much about your feedback and want to figure it out so you can enjoy flying.
Would you please do as what I mentioned above to export the data from black box and flight log via Assistant 2, then upload it to Dropbox so we can get it analyzed by engineers and let you know what happened?
2017-6-25
Use props
QHovey
lvl.2
United States

+1 to this issue. No climb in Dronie.
2017-6-27
Use props
fans3c3673db
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

After experiencing these same problems and noting a large percentage of responders on the forum have some sort of issue with Quickshot, why don't you guys just pull a couple Sparks off the shelf and go fly them yourselves and record your own fails.  I sent the Black Box folder zipped to tech support.  Your wanting something in Dropbox is totally foreign language to me...I go there and see nothing about building a link.  The problem in Quickshot is so prevalent you should be able to get the data yourselves!!!
2017-6-27
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same problem. Does not climb in drones mode.
2017-6-27
Use props
Dji Randhawa
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-25 18:30
We are concerned much about your feedback and want to figure it out so you can enjoy flying.
Would you please do as what I mentioned above to export the data from black box and flight log via Assistant 2, then upload it to Dropbox so we can get it analyzed by engineers and let you know what happened?

Hi Natalia, following is the link to dropbox with dji assistant blackbox file. Please have a look and let me know if this is the one you want. thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc0n2l ... 7_22-32-21.DAT?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/nc0n2l ... 7_22-32-21.DAT?dl=0[/url]
2017-6-27
Use props
Dji Randhawa
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-25 18:30

Dji Natalia, following is the link to black box file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4hbnc ... kboxExport.rar?dl=0
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dji Randhawa Posted at 2017-6-27 21:43
Dji Natalia, following is the link to black box file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4hbncwziiw4xjg/SparkBlackboxExport.rar?dl=0

Thank you very much, we checked the file, but we need the flight log for further analysis.
Please connect the aircraft to PC and run assistant 2, then click on "Data Upload"--"Confirm", choose the one which shows the issue that it does not climb, then export the log, appreciate your patience. F.png F2.png
2017-6-29
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-25 02:36

Hi:

I'm having all the same problems with the quick shots like dronie, etc.

I got DJI Assistant 2 and try downloading the black box info so I could submit it.

I've only had like 20 flights and it spent about 30 minutes attempting to download the logs onto my computer. How long should it take. Otherwise, assistant seems to be working fine. But it was never finishing downloading the logs so I could submit them.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Q
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

quint7 Posted at 2017-6-29 19:41
Hi:

I'm having all the same problems with the quick shots like dronie, etc.

Please restart or re-install the DJI Assistant 2, then try it again. Normally, it does not take much time to export the black box data, but it may take longer to export the flight log.
2017-6-29
Use props
DarkTangenT
lvl.2
United States

Hi
Iam having the same issue like others
DRONIE not gaining height

Circle and Rocket working fine. Havent tried HeliX yet.

Here are the logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eh3hb ... 6IqCiYL12uGUSa?dl=0
Please let me know once the resolution is available.
Thanks!!

2017-6-30
Use props
Wingman05
lvl.2

United States

I'm having the same problem. Does not climb in dronie mode.
2017-6-30
Use props
J Beaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203 ft
United States

Same issue.  DJI really needs to come up with a fix for this.  CS chat told me Android 7.0 isn't supported yet (although they advertise it as being supported).  Great drone so far, but should work as advertised.  
2017-6-30
Use props
NigelS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98 ft
Canada

Same issue here. Won't gain altitude in Dronie and drifts off sideways in Helix modes. Have tried basic stuff, firmware and app reinstall . No change. Look forward to a fix.
2017-7-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

These new modes are a joke, caused me to crash twice so far, I would prefer 4k capabilities to the Jedi mind tricks any day.
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-7-1 06:58
These new modes are a joke, caused me to crash twice so far, I would prefer 4k capabilities to the Jedi mind tricks any day.

Hey the gesture modes work perfectly in the Spark promotional videos
2017-7-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-1 07:04
Hey the gesture modes work perfectly in the Spark promotional videos

I saw that, I wonder how many takes that took?? The crowd did look bored and tired.
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-7-1 07:02
I saw that, I wonder how many takes that took?? The crowd did look bored and tired.

I think they had Steven Spielberg's production company do the editing and possibly some CGI work.
2017-7-1
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

FWIW, I used Dronie today (connected Spark to my iPhone 6 Plus) and it flew back and climbed. It seems this behavior of not climbing might be a tad inconsistent
2017-7-1
Use props
NigelS
lvl.1
Canada

any info on this issue?? Clearly it's a common problem?
2017-7-4
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NigelS Posted at 2017-7-4 06:12
any info on this issue?? Clearly it's a common problem?

I've read over on a more reliable forum that this issue has been submitted to the engineering team
2017-7-4
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope so, was super close from my spark reversing into a bunch of trees when I managed to grab the controller and stop it. I set it to 10m for the dronie and it covered 40m before I realized it wasn't going to stop. I dread to think what would have happened if i was in a courtyard or smaller enclosed area, luckily i was in a open field surrounded by trees
They really need to fix it fast as the potential to either crash and damage the spark or worse, hurt someone is incredibly high, especially as its one of the selling points of the spark!! Now i have read more bad news about issues with helix and the other quickshots I'm weary to use them.
My confidence in letting the spark do its thing is slipping away quickly. My overall respect for DJI has slipped a fair bit when DJI gave the impression in its videos that selfies would be 12mp stills and they turn out to only be 2mp, then later change the manual to reflect this. Damn shame!
Hopefully these issues will be resolved in the next few FW updates but this Dronie issue needs fixing fast!
2017-7-4
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

90% of the time I do box around my face to take pic, it doesn't work.

And for circle and helix you need the space of like 3 football fields since the circumference is so wide that it makes it totally pointless. I have to cancel it everytime.
2017-7-4
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-4 08:00
I hope so, was super close from my spark reversing into a bunch of trees when I managed to grab the controller and stop it. I set it to 10m for the dronie and it covered 40m before I realized it wasn't going to stop. I dread to think what would have happened if i was in a courtyard or smaller enclosed area, luckily i was in a open field surrounded by trees
They really need to fix it fast as the potential to either crash and damage the spark or worse, hurt someone is incredibly high, especially as its one of the selling points of the spark!! Now i have read more bad news about issues with helix and the other quickshots I'm weary to use them.
My confidence in letting the spark do its thing is slipping away quickly. My overall respect for DJI has slipped a fair bit when DJI gave the impression in its videos that selfies would be 12mp stills and they turn out to only be 2mp, then later change the manual to reflect this. Damn shame!

How did you set it for 10 meters??  You can set the distance?
2017-7-4
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Add me to the list of the spark not climbing with dronie mode....
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI_ChrisW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43379 ft
United Kingdom

+1 I'm also having this problem. No climb in dronie. Had to cancel before potentially striking trees!
2017-7-4
Use props
insteadof
lvl.1
Flight distance : 151985 ft
United States

I think all the confusion with both dronie and helix mode is because it goes really far back and doesn't climb very much.  

People expect it to go back 20 feet, but it will fly backwards hundreds of feet.  You really can't use it at all unless you're standing in front of a huge open field.  It's not useful for most conditions.  I already got mine caught in a tree before I found that out.  

Just look at how far back it goes with only a little increase in altitude! ...

Helix:
Dronie:

2017-7-4
Use props
fans07aae7d8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32516 ft
United States

I'm also hiving this problem. it doesn't climb up.
2017-7-4
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GIdoc Posted at 2017-7-4 12:15
How did you set it for 10 meters??  You can set the distance?

when you set it to quickshot mode, choose the quickshot type then tap the icon again and the distance comes up.
2017-7-4
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-7-4 23:59
when you set it to quickshot mode, choose the quickshot type then tap the icon again and the distance comes up.

yeah, saw that. Thanks.  Mine still doesn't climb... just goes backwards.  and when I set it for 10 meters... it didn't stop at 10meters.  Something is jacked up.
2017-7-5
Use props
Blackforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33140 ft
United Kingdom

I tried dronie again tonight. Set to 10m. Pressed go. It went back and back. In the end I had to cancel it before it crashed into something. Certainly not like the demo here.

https://youtu.be/la4SCYrzrQ4
2017-7-5
Use props
NigelS
lvl.1
Canada

Same problem with Dronie and Helix. Spent 2 mins on online chat with tech support and they confirmed it's not '"normal". It doesn't just go way back before it climbs. It's a 45 degree climb and if it's not then something's wrong. As they advised it's back in the box and on its way back to them via UPS. I certainly didn't get any sense that engineering is working on an update.  If you have this problem send it back.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans5ebab6ef
lvl.2
United States

NigelS Posted at 2017-7-5 13:55
Same problem with Dronie and Helix. Spent 2 mins on online chat with tech support and they confirmed it's not '"normal". It doesn't just go way back before it climbs. It's a 45 degree climb and if it's not then something's wrong. As they advised it's back in the box and on its way back to them via UPS. I certainly didn't get any sense that engineering is working on an update.  If you have this problem send it back.

This has to be a software issue not a hardware issue as normal operation is fine, I'm not sending mine back and would eventually expect a fix along with the distance setting actually working too
2017-7-5
Use props
NigelS
lvl.1
Canada

fans5ebab6ef Posted at 2017-7-5 14:09
This has to be a software issue not a hardware issue as normal operation is fine, I'm not sending mine back and would eventually expect a fix along with the distance setting actually working too

I agree, but it seems that for many people the Intelligent flight modes work as advertised, so its not a software issue across the board. I don't see the sense in waiting for an eventual fix for this when they will replace it no charge. I'll gladly keep sending them back on their dime until I get one that works.
2017-7-5
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Well... Dronie works for me. It does fly backward and goes up high depending on the initial angle between Spark and Me.

See this.

2017-7-5
Use props
Dragonfly47
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9465 ft
United States

I'm wondering if this is an Android problem related to the new Dji software. Has anyone seen this with iOS?
2017-7-6
Use props
evrylttlthng
lvl.1
United States

Dragonfly47 Posted at 2017-7-6 08:08
I'm wondering if this is an Android problem related to the new Dji software. Has anyone seen this with iOS?

I've had this issue on iOS - Dronie doesn't climb and just keeps going back without stopping.
2017-7-6
Use props
Bertybassett
New
Flight distance : 2520 ft
United Kingdom

same here just goes back no climbing.  Do you still need log files?

And I'm on iOS latest 10.3.2 ipad mini 4 128gb wifi.

2017-7-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules