Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Same place, same quad, highly different signal map
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Squigly
lvl.1
Israel

Good day
(All of the details are with the same quad/remote/batteries/location)

Flight 1:
Feb 25, at at beach I flew about 4.3 km from home point without any problems as far as signal goes.
I had clear video, controls were tight and good, etc.
If it matters, it was winter over here, though I had a crystal clear skies.
20170225_f1.png

Flight 2:
June 24th (Summer), same place, same path, I lost signal quite quickly (about 3.2 km from home).
20170624_f1.png

My question: Is there any logical explanation to this?

(I later landed, replaced battery and attached simple "signal booster" (cheap metalic reflectors) and flew the same path again without any problem, though I know this is not a valid comperative analysis due to the reflectors, I just wanted to make sure there isn't anything really major going on).
20170624_f2.png
S.
2017-6-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The signal issue is not simply a matter of strength, it is also about who is transmitting what in the neighborhood. You are sharing an unregulated radio band with a squillion other consumer devicves, everything from home Wi-Fi to garage door openers, baby monitors, security cameras, toys - well you get the idea. So if you fly out to sea and put some form of reflector on your RC unit, it will help to some degree, but remember, the aircraft does not have any reflector and is also seeing all those signals as well. The period during winter probably also meant there were not as many people around youi at that time, so less interference.
2017-6-24
Use props
Squigly
lvl.1
Israel

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-24 22:59
The signal issue is not simply a matter of strength, it is also about who is transmitting what in the neighborhood. You are sharing an unregulated radio band with a squillion other consumer devicves, everything from home Wi-Fi to garage door openers, baby monitors, security cameras, toys - well you get the idea. So if you fly out to sea and put some form of reflector on your RC unit, it will help to some degree, but remember, the aircraft does not have any reflector and is also seeing all those signals as well. The period during winter probably also meant there were not as many people around youi at that time, so less interference.

Generally, you are correct.
But I was at the shore, early morning with very few people, far away from cities/households/industries or other RC vehicles, I was virtually "alone in the spectrum" (figuratively speaking of course), this is actually what's so strange about it, I honestly don't see a clear reason why my signal would break so early.
2017-6-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Squigly Posted at 2017-6-25 21:51
Generally, you are correct.
But I was at the shore, early morning with very few people, far away from cities/households/industries or other RC vehicles, I was virtually "alone in the spectrum" (figuratively speaking of course), this is actually what's so strange about it, I honestly don't see a clear reason why my signal would break so early.

Looking at the map showing the errors, most of them are on the return journey. The aircraft would be facing you on the way home, and its antennas are not directional at all, so they would equally see the township to your north just as much as they would see you. There is a school among those buildings, and schools are notorious for having powerful high power WiFi systems.
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules