Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video camera RESET mid flight - v01.03.0900 Problem?
123Next >
7315 91 2017-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Merlin 2512
Flight distance : 139406 ft
Australia

Not sure if it is related to the new firmware upgrade, but this is the first time it has ever happened to me. This was my second flight using the new firmware v01.03.0900. No other problems flying for the past 5 months.
After 9:05 of flight time and recording 4K 30fps, the video feed suddenly went crazy with the camera angle going up, down and around. It settled down after about 45 very nervous seconds. I then noticed that the video had stopped recording. It appears that maybe the video "reset". Very glad the whole Mavic did not reset as well mid flight. Video looks good up to the reset point. Any others experience this?
2017-6-24
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

I had this happen twice in one flight on 800. Very scary when you don't know what's happening. I got no error messages or anything. I got home and refreshed firmware and had no problems since. Still on 800,I am updating to 900 today
2017-6-25
Use props
Merlin 2512
Australia

This is the video feed saved on the Go4 app when the video resets. Scary stuff! I did not touch the gimble settings at all during this time. You will also notice when the colour settings seem to reset as well.
2017-6-25
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Would be nice if some DJI representative could explain this strange behaviour.
Cause it's weird and NOT ok
and it would scare the living daylight out of me when this would happen during a flight
2017-6-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I don't believe it's something new in the most recent firmware version because I've been seeing this same problem reported for months by people using various different (now older) firmware releases.
2017-6-25
Use props
Pugsley
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Does it on mine also.. but I've noticed it only happens on mine since the new firmware when I hit the 4GB (3.86gb) limit/time to split the file, if I stop recording say around 8 Mins and then restart recording to a new file it doesn't reset.
2017-6-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

Pugsley Posted at 2017-6-25 13:19
Does it on mine also.. but I've noticed it only happens on mine since the new firmware when I hit the 4GB (3.86gb) limit/time to split the file, if I stop recording say around 8 Mins and then restart recording to a new file it doesn't reset.

I've noticed it only happens on mine since the new firmware when I hit the 4GB limit

Yes, that's consistent with most of the other reports of the problem I've heard about, and given the large number of reports of this that are suddenly popping up I'm starting to wonder if the new firmware has made this problem more common.

2017-6-25
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

This happened to me today, scared the crap out of me and mine was at the time the video would normally switch over as well.
2017-6-25
Use props
Merlin 2512
Australia

SpicyLobster Posted at 2017-6-25 13:46
This happened to me today, scared the crap out of me and mine was at the time the video would normally switch over as well.

Sounds like that might be the issue, hopefully not specific to .0900. I'll persist with the latest firmware for now and see if it happens again :-/ It is very scary when it happens, not knowing if it is in the process of crashing to the ground!   
Note to DJI: Please fix this. You have my video from Go4. Do you need any logs etc??

2017-6-25
Use props
SpicyLobster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 282979 ft
United States

Merlin 2512 Posted at 2017-6-25 15:36
Sounds like that might be the issue, hopefully not specific to .0900. I'll persist with the latest firmware for now and see if it happens again :-/ It is very scary when it happens, not knowing if it is in the process of crashing to the ground!   
Note to DJI: Please fix this. You have my video from Go4. Do you need any logs etc??

Yeah it was my first flight on .900 but I guess its happened at .800 for others. Hopefully DJI will respond. My post and very short video is here:  https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid844396 in case they are looking
2017-6-25
Use props
Nephroghost
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200456 ft
United States

Yes this very same thing happened to me.  No issues with the prior firmware. I have also had a couple of disconnects which I hadn't gotten before. I'm using an iPad mini 4.
2017-6-25
Use props
Logger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

We did a fair bit of research on this in another forum several months ago. .  The camera resets were typically occurring at ~9min 4 K ,12min 2.7 K  (4gb file limit) and also when switching from a period of video recording to still,shots then back to video.  So a file creation event was a common theme.  Fingers were pointed at SD card variants buy nothing was established there.
But the creation of a new video file after a period of filming seemed a likely trigger.
2017-6-26
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I had this experience, but prior to .900.
The first one occurred on .800.
There is no pattern; and as the image falls; it is considered by Go4 to be disconnected and when it returns, the recording is on!. So I become with two separate videos.
Cheers.
2017-6-26
Use props
CynicalZombie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

This has happened to me too.  4 times out of 97 flights. All mid-May to present. I've had about 70 flights before mid-May and none of them experienced this issue.

3 of those times it coincided with the 4GB limit, the most recent time, this past weekend, it didn't.  
2017-6-26
Use props
Evgeniy Graznov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10820 ft
Russia

Logger Posted at 2017-6-26 03:37
We did a fair bit of research on this in another forum several months ago. .  The camera resets were typically occurring at ~9min 4 K ,12min 2.7 K  (4gb file limit) and also when switching from a period of video recording to still,shots then back to video.  So a file creation event was a common theme.  Fingers were pointed at SD card variants buy nothing was established there.
But the creation of a new video file after a period of filming seemed a likely trigger.

I am catch same bug twice during last flight with FW 800. And seems it`s happens only when switching from video to stills. Very scaring firs time. I think it was due strong wind (it was 100m altitude), but seems it`s a system bug...
2017-6-26
Use props
CynicalZombie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

Hmmm, now that you mention it... this past weekend I was changing from video to photo when it happened.
2017-6-26
Use props
andry_shin
lvl.1
Indonesia

happen to me as well! just a moment ago, the camera glicth! how to fix this?
2017-6-29
Use props
andry_shin
lvl.1
Indonesia

i using latest firmware .900, i calibrate IMU VPS & gimbal & problem still exist. & my mavic pro still sometimes goes to landing mode at high altitude. vps issue still there i guess?
*sigh my total flight was +/- 3 hour*
2017-6-29
Use props
andry_shin
lvl.1
Indonesia

bump this thread up, any more info? or this is hardware failure?
2017-6-30
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I've been flying the Mavic since early January and never had this occur until the other day . I rarely film in 4k but decided to after updating to .900 . I also switched my display from my android phone to a Ipad Mini4 at the same time . I went back to recording in 2.7k as usual and it has not happened again .
2017-6-30
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

andry_shin Posted at 2017-6-30 03:56
bump this thread up, any more info? or this is hardware failure?

I don't believe anyone has figured out what the cause is, at least not anyone outside DJI that I've seen comment on it. It does appear that something may have changed in the .0900 that's made the problem much more common, though.
2017-6-30
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this issue.  Mines not to this extent (yet) but it has happened 3 times.  
Twice with goggles.
2017-6-30
Use props
andry_shin
lvl.1
Indonesia

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-6-30 07:49
I'm glad that I'm not the only one with this issue.  Mines not to this extent (yet) but it has happened 3 times.  
Twice with goggles.

what firmware u use?
2017-6-30
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
Flight distance : 38850850 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I am  on FW .0900 and today camera reset for first time , no trace of the event in logs ;) - camera stop responding, all fields in Go4 app related to camera shows NA ... and gimbal start moving like when started in few seconds everything back to normal. It happened after i stopped filming and try tacking picture  (if i remember correctly ;) )
For few days i have experienced so many problems i am glad fly logic did not restart ;)
2017-7-3
Use props
KryptoNyte
Second Officer
United States

I am so glad someone has posted about this.  After about 30 successful flights without incident, I performed the firmware upgrade to v01.03.0900 using the DJI Windows application.  Actually, I performed an intermediate firmware update first, as I was behind by a couple and wanted to take them consecutively.  The first flight after this firmware upgrade, I also experienced the strange camera activity - I actually thought it was a bird-strike it shook the camera so bad.  The video forcibly stopped right there - there was no continuation video file to watch what had happened.

I have since re-updated the firmware using the iPad Mini 4 and it seems to be okay since, however, I have not hit the 4GB limit on any video yet.  I even wondered if there is some issue with not using the ipad/controller to upgrade, and as a result, some kind of software incompatibility between the three devices (ipad/controller/Mavic).  Like others have reported, scared the crap out of me, too.
2017-7-3
Use props
KryptoNyte
Second Officer
United States

I took the Mavic out to test a bit this afternoon and can confirm a similar problem even recording in 1080p at 60fps.  It did save the first 4GB video file and made a transition to the second 4GB file, but after the second file, the gimbal started a slow yaw, and was then erratic.  There is definitely a problem here that may occur at the 4GB file limit/transition, but the issue can vary with resolution/framerate.
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please help us export the data from flight log for the further analysis?
Please download the latest Assistant 2 from DJI official Mavic website, install it, then connect the drone to PC, run Assistant 2, you can get the file step by step, upload it to Dropbox and paste the link here, thanks.
Here the tutorial video for your reference:
2017-7-7
Use props
KryptoNyte
Second Officer
United States

Contact me via email and maybe I can help you fix your problem.
2017-7-7
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Yesterday happened to me for a second time in a week a bit annoying ;)
2017-7-8
Use props
81SFORLIFE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 313281 ft
United States

I am not on the new software version, but this happened to mine about 3 weeks ago when I was flying in Hawaii.  
2017-7-8
Use props
Dx_Operator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140413 ft
United States

Mavic pro Just starting having the issue were the gimbal does not sync for some reason. It has worked fine since I received the unit new in March 2017 and all aspects have worked.

Now after sitting for three months and then I upgraded the firmware to latest the gimbal does not work as it should

I believe the issue is firmware but would like to confirm.

Any ideas ??

John
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Merlin, if you had upgraded to the latest firmware and still persists, we recommend sending the drone back for repair. Really sorry for the trouble that had been caused.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back, Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

81SFORLIFE Posted at 2017-7-8 08:03
I am not on the new software version, but this happened to mine about 3 weeks ago when I was flying in Hawaii.

Did it still act the same if you reboot the drone? Please try upgrading to the latest firmware to see if it works. If still persists, we recommend sending the drone back for repair. Really sorry for the trouble that had been caused. We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 2017-7-8 06:22
Yesterday happened to me for a second time in a week  a bit annoying ;)

Did it still have the same case if you reboot the drone? Please try upgrading to the latest firmware to see if it works. If still persists, we recommend sending the drone back for repair. Really sorry for the trouble that had been caused. We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-7-17
Use props
m15alien
First Officer
Flight distance : 6878596 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi just to share that the "camera reset issue" is happening also to my Mavic ( .900 firmware) since two weeks ago, I tried to reset the Mavic, refreshing the firmware and recalibrating the camera but without any good improvements, also this morning during the flight in an open area and good weather conditions, the camera reset many times when I was recording in 4k (but i didn't reach the 4Gb limit), before the flight i changed and formatted the SD card, during the first two minutes of flight the app warned "Mavic disconnected" than it restarted, however motors continued to work fine, the controller worked fine, I'm thinking to downgrade the firmware to .700 and test it.

Any tips or suggestion? Thanks

Best regards
2017-7-17
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I have those resets 2-3 times
last time cough it in a cache ;)

Very annoying bug, stops filming and when gimble restarts you have a feeling that dron crashes at something ;)
2017-7-17
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-17 20:28
Did it still have the same case if you reboot the drone? Please try upgrading to the latest firmware to see if it works. If still persists, we recommend sending the drone back for repair. Really sorry for the trouble that had been caused. We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

I am on a latest FW and it happens rearley so i cant understand when but first time it happens during switch movie - steal picture, second time it was at 4GB barrier of movie file

P.S.
Sorry for double posting but there several treads about this problem i lost track ;)
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, if your drone had encountered gimbal/camera reset midair, we recommend sending the drone back for repair. Sorry for the trouble that had been caused.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back, Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-7-18
Use props
m15alien
First Officer
Flight distance : 6878596 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-18 00:32
Hi all, if your drone had encountered gimbal/camera reset midair, we recommend sending the drone back for repair. Sorry for the trouble that had been caused.

Thanks for the suggestion i just opened a case, do you know if the repair will be covered by DJI Warranty?
In another forum a guy told me that it could be the ribbon cable fail contact.  
I received the Mavic in dec, about 100 flights and never a problem...

2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

m15alien Posted at 2017-7-18 04:05
Thanks for the suggestion, do you know if the repair will be under DJI Warranty?
In another forum a guy told me that it could be the ribbon cable fail contact.  
I received  the Mavic in november, about 100 flights and never a problem...

The aircraft needs to be evaluated after it arrives, it will be covered by warranty if it is product malfunction and within the warranty period.
2017-7-18
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules