Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photos missing in mapping mission
4439 23 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834360 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Flew a complicated forrest mapping mission with P3P. As you can see in the picture, the drone flew the correct lines, but left out to make two rows of pictures. What happend?

Missing photos

Missing photos

2017-6-25
Use props
dronie326
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810 ft
United States

I have had the same issue multiple times now. Interested to know what's causing this.
2017-6-28
Use props
fans202792f4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1502477 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problems here with a P4P. I contacted support on Twitter and they said they're looking into it
2017-7-12
Use props
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too get this using GSP and P4P. Some times its only a couple so there is no issue in PIX4D but the other day it missed almost an entire pass. I keep my volume up and pay attention where it misses images, you can also see it with the mission pin drops. After the mission is complete I just fly back manually and trigger my camera from the remote to get those missing images. Not what I would like to do but ya gotta get the images if you want to process the map.

2017-7-13
Use props
TAfirehawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315938 ft
United States

Same thing for me and it goes back to April and still fubar today.  Thankfully there are other options for my P3A and M600 besides DJI software.
2017-7-24
Use props
Pipoarriaga
New
Mexico

I used un Phantom 4 Pro and I have been in same situation and I´ve missed  some images or the shot is not in right position, I´m using GS pro and App of Drone Deploy, also app Px4D and in all them have happened. Someone know how fix that?, because some times is very complicated find missing  images in projects mission, especially when have done big areas.
CP_images.jpg
2017-8-3
Use props
fans7348fc5a
New
Flight distance : 89334 ft

Chile

amigos a mi me paso tambien en un M600 lo que pasa es que la tablet usada era una ipad mini 3 y se quedaba corta de procesador, tenia un retardo en la informacion, cambie a una ipad mini 4 y se soluciono el problema.. el problema es por la tablet o telefono que se use para volar
2017-8-11
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

What other software do you recomend. I also seen missing images, and the 99 Waypoint limit is always blocking me for making large areas or high resolution smaller areas. Also sometimes focus is way of making blurry images as result
2017-9-7
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

fansb8b222f3 Posted at 2017-9-7 08:55
What other software do you recomend. I also seen missing images, and the 99 Waypoint limit is always blocking me for making large areas or high resolution smaller areas. Also sometimes focus is way of making blurry images as result

The 99 waypoint limit is a part of the DJI platform limitation, not the software on the ground
2017-9-7
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

fansb8b222f3 Posted at 2017-9-7 08:55

We recommend using Map Pilot for iOS if possible. We've been using version 1.5.0 for over a year now with great results. Here are the exact versions we use for remote/off grid mapping:

Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware: 1.8.10
MapPilot Version: 1.5.0 build 031916
DJI Go App Version: 2.8.6
Ipad Mini4 iOS Version: 9.3.3
Remote Expert Version: v0.8 b20170829-842 x64
Global Mapper Version: v18

More info @dronemapper ....

2017-9-7
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

Wouldnt it still be possible to set a mission using 198 Waypoint but let the mission then be split into 99 ...
I still have a hard time understanding the limit.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

fansb8b222f3 Posted at 2017-9-10 15:31
Wouldnt it still be possible to set a mission using 198 Waypoint but let the mission then be split into 99 ...
I still have a hard time understanding the limit.

You can get between 2 to 99 waypoints. It also depends on the amount of space on the SD card.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-9-7 10:57
The 99 waypoint limit is a part of the DJI platform limitation, not the software on the ground

Not sure what is meant by software on the ground. It is part of the platform limitation. You can find out more on this by reviewing the FAQs of the Ground Station Pro at this link: http://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro/info#faq
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Pipoarriaga Posted at 2017-8-3 13:53
I used un Phantom 4 Pro and I have been in same situation and I´ve missed  some images or the shot is not in right position, I´m using GS pro and App of Drone Deploy, also app Px4D and in all them have happened. Someone know how fix that?, because some times is very complicated find missing  images in projects mission, especially when have done big areas.

Sounds like a mixture between waypoints and SD card issue. Can  you try reformating the SD card or perhaps something that can hold information a bit larger?
2017-9-13
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-13 09:37
Not sure what is meant by software on the ground. It is part of the platform limitation. You can find out more on this by reviewing the FAQs of the Ground Station Pro at this link: http://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro/info#faq

I meant that the actual flight controller is limiting it, not the software you may be using on the ground whether it may be UGcS in my case, Pix4D in others, or even DJI's software
this is what I've found from personal experience, if I'm wrong and it's some other component that limits it I'd be interested in learning more because this type of information can be scarce
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-9-13 12:35
I meant that the actual flight controller is limiting it, not the software you may be using on the ground whether it may be UGcS in my case, Pix4D in others, or even DJI's software
this is what I've found from personal experience, if I'm wrong and it's some other component that limits it I'd be interested in learning more because this type of information can be scarce

What is your flight controller?
2017-9-13
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-13 13:05
What is your flight controller?

We're using the A3 on a M600, but we've encountered the same problem with our Inspire 2.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-9-13 13:14
We're using the A3 on a M600, but we've encountered the same problem with our Inspire 2.

Is it possible that these settings can be updated in the Assistant 2 Software? If you do not have that, please download that onto your computer. Also, review the information on flight limitations for the A 3 controller which can be found here on page 25: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _manual_En_v1.4.pdf
2017-9-13
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-13 13:18
Is it possible that these settings can be updated in the Assistant 2 Software? If you do not have that, please download that onto your computer. Also, review the information on flight limitations for the A 3 controller which can be found here on page 25: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/a3/20170825/A3A3Pro_User_manual_En_v1.4.pdf

We've worked with DJI assistant 2 many times, no problem accessing it there.

I'm only referring to the 99 points error, not missing photos error. Our camera and gimbal aren't supported by the autopilot system anyways.

But I am a bit confused what you would like me to do specifically? UGcS states the maximum points the flight controller can accept is 99, so we usually keep flights below that.
Did you get me confused with another user in the thread? lol
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-9-13 12:35

I was thrown off by the use of your word limiting flight controller. Sorry I misunderstood.
2017-9-13
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-13 14:02
I was thrown off by the use of your word limiting flight controller. Sorry I misunderstood.

No problem, it happens
2017-9-14
Use props
Pipoarriaga
New
Mexico

Hi Guys

We want share our exerience with the problems miss some photos in a photogrametric projects with GSP, we tried change the micro SD for a fastest we could found (100 bit/s) and works better than other ones. the problem persit but it is decreasing dramatically. We think is part of the main problem.

Best Regards!

Felipe Arriaga
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules