DJI GO 4 App Does Not See Mavic Pro Through Controller
1409 10 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pho Nhom
New
United States

The DJI GO 4 app (version 4.1.2) does not see the Mavic Pro drone when connected to the remote controller.  I can control the drone with the remote controller but cannot see any video feed.  The GO 4 app on the phone (Samsung S6) works fine in Wi-fi mode.  I've tried different cables on both USB ports with the same result.  Is there some other step that I missed?

Controller and phone

Controller and phone
2017-6-25
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Which version do you have? Did your try it on IOS?

Sometimes you might need to turn on/off several times until you get connected but it was fixed with version.700
2017-6-25
Use props
Pho Nhom
New
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-6-25 16:45
Which version do you have? Did your try it on IOS?

Sometimes you might need to turn on/off several times until you get connected but it was fixed with version.700

It's the Android version 4.1.2 for the Samsung Galaxy S6 phone.  I don't have an iPhone so I can't try it on iOS.
I did try turning off/on the phone multiple times after starting up the controller and the Mavic but the app on the phone still showed disconnected when I selected the Mavic Pro.
2017-6-25
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Are you sure the cables you have tested it with are data-cables and not only for charging your phone? With your original Samsung cable it should work.
2017-6-25
Use props
Pho Nhom
New
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-6-25 21:07
Are you sure the cables you have tested it with are data-cables and not only for charging your phone? With your original Samsung cable it should work.

Mari, you hit the nail on the head.  It works perfectly with a data cable.  I did try using the cable that came with the controller and that didn't work.  Thank you.
2017-6-25
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

You must open your USB port developer mode. Read the thread here how to do:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-80274-1-1.html

Regards Leif.
2017-6-25
Use props
Pho Nhom
New
United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-6-25 21:39
Hi.

You must open your USB port developer mode. Read the thread here how to do:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-80274-1-1.html

Leif, thank you for the info.  I'll keep this in mind for future reference.  The app is able to connect fine without turning on developer mode after I use a data cable instead of a charging-only cable.
2017-6-26
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Pho Nhom Posted at 2017-6-26 08:44
Leif, thank you for the info.  I'll keep this in mind for future reference.  The app is able to connect fine without turning on developer mode after I use a data cable instead of a charging-only cable.

Well, everything is okay then.

Have a nice day then, sincerely, Leif.
2017-6-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

As you have discovered, it takes a data cable.  How else is it going to get data from the controller to the phone?
2017-6-26
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Pho Nhom Posted at 2017-6-25 21:28
Mari, you hit the nail on the head.  It works perfectly with a data cable.  I did try using the cable that came with the controller and that didn't work.  Thank you.

The cable you got for charging the RC should work (mine does)... maybe a faulty one...
2017-6-26
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pho Nhom Posted at 2017-6-25 20:32
It's the Android version 4.1.2 for the Samsung Galaxy S6 phone.  I don't have an iPhone so I can't try it on iOS.
I did try turning off/on the phone multiple times after starting up the controller and the Mavic but the app on the phone still showed disconnected when I selected the Mavic Pro.

Glad you got it. I use Iphone cable and it works fine. Always buy data.charger cable to be on the safe side!
2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules