Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Embarrassingly Bad
2085 16 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FFS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just used it at a BBQ. Started it in gesture mode. First I did the jedi trick. Then I waved at it... it flies 10 feet away. Then I did the gesture for a photo. It immediately flies sideways at what seems like full speed into a building about 40 feet away. Brilliant.
2017-6-25
Use props
gottorock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4012 ft
United States

yea when there is people around i cant get gesture to work
2017-6-25
Use props
FFS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

gottorock Posted at 2017-6-25 19:35
yea when there is people around i cant get gesture to work

Well, I was on my own away form the crowd, but that is besides the point. This didn't just "not work" it went straight up AWOL.

Also, didn't DJI advertise gesture control with groups of people getting photos with one another?
2017-6-25
Use props
fans7dd18b97
lvl.1
United States

If you bought a spark strictly for gesture control then that's a epic fail on your part. Yes it's cool but more of a gimmick then anything else. Give them a few months to work out the bugs then it should work okay.
2017-6-25
Use props
FFS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

fans7dd18b97 Posted at 2017-6-25 19:46
If you bought a spark strictly for gesture control then that's a epic fail on your part. Yes it's cool but more of a gimmick then anything else. Give them a few months to work out the bugs then it should work okay.

Who said I did? but, until then I should be OK with it flying into buildings when I make a square with my fingers? Gotcha.
2017-6-25
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

fans7dd18b97 Posted at 2017-6-25 19:46

Are you insane ? if 90% of an Commercial of a product is presented that way you think 90% of people buy it's because it have for example sport mode or something ?!? The "Gesture control" and "QuickShots" are the MAIN FEATURES of spark period
2017-6-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to hear about this, if you could provide us the data of this flight, we'd like to analyze it.  
To export the data, please download the Assistant 2 from DJI offcial Spark webiste, install it then connect your Spark to PC, run Assistant 2, click on "Data Upload" in the left side, you could save it to local, then click on  "Black box" , you cloud also save it to local, please upload them to the dropbox, then provide us the dropbox link. Here is the picture for your reference: Spark 数据导出.png
2017-6-26
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-25 21:36
Are you insane ? if 90% of an Commercial of a product is presented that way you think 90% of people buy it's because it have for example sport mode or something ?!? The "Gesture control" and "QuickShots" are the MAIN FEATURES of spark period

Thanks Szwedu...I was just typing the same exact thing.  The entire marketing campaign for the Spark evolved around the Gesture Mode.
2017-6-26
Use props
TrulyMad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14770 ft
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-26 01:45
Thanks Szwedu...I was just typing the same exact thing.  The entire marketing campaign for the Spark evolved around the Gesture Mode.

I have to agree. I have a Spark on order and while Gesture Control is not what I will use this for, people should not excuse DJI with a "they will patch it in time" line considering a lot of their marketing boasts this feature.
2017-6-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same exact thing happened to me
2017-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FFS Posted at 2017-6-25 19:54
Who said I did? but, until then I should be OK with it flying into buildings when I make a square with my fingers? Gotcha.

I think it needs firmware upgrade, it looks like we might be beta testers, I think some of GC options might be taken away, and others added.
It just a pity that you had to have a crash because this GC needs more work refining it.
I don't know how they check logs for GC but it will be interesting, how will they know how you were waving at the drone, could be some fun trying to analyse these logs.

I.e. He stuck his two fingers up at the drone, drone decided to get him back and flew into the wall. No warranty because of vulgarities. Lol
2017-6-26
Use props
letsfly
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-26 00:07
Sorry to hear about this, if you could provide us the data of this flight, we'd like to analyze it.  
To export the data, please download the Assistant 2 from DJI offcial Spark webiste, install it then connect your Spark to PC, run Assistant 2, click on "Data Upload" in the left side, you could save it to local, then click on  "Black box" , you cloud also save it to local, please upload them to the dropbox, then provide us the dropbox link. Here is the picture for your reference:[view_image]

“DJI+Assistant+2+1.1.2.573+2017_05_27+17_45_27+6e0216bf(b21de8d8).pkg” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the App Store and identified developers.
Google Chrome downloaded this file today at 2:36 PM from www.dji.com.

DJI seriously?  Can you sign these installs correctly for mac if you want to be considered a real company?  Its a small thing but for me to have to circumvent security(change preference) to use your software as a leading company in drones is a bit annoying.
2017-6-26
Use props
fans7dd18b97
lvl.1
United States

Are you dumbfounded?? Everyone knows new products don’t work  out of the box perfectly these days. Is it an excuse no. But your expecting way too much for such a new product platform. And anyone who pays 500 dollars to just fly this as a “selfie drone” should be slapped silly. The Spark needs a lot of work no doubt but you have to keep expectations realistic.  
2017-6-26
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

fans7dd18b97 Posted at 2017-6-26 19:16
Are you dumbfounded?? Everyone knows new products don’t work  out of the box perfectly these days. Is it an excuse no. But your expecting way too much for such a new product platform. And anyone who pays 500 dollars to just fly this as a “selfie drone” should be slapped silly. The Spark needs a lot of work no doubt but you have to keep expectations realistic.

Please Mind your words Boy.
And yes i just bought it to fly from my hand and do selfie as advertised ,boy.
2017-6-26
Use props
CliffordL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294619 ft
United States

Agreed.  If a product is not fully ready for market release, it should not be released.  Especially when that product is essentially a flying bladesaw!

DJI has a lot of kinks to work out with this one - although I have been mostly satisfied with the performance.  It is unacceptable to put a product out that is not fully ready for release and expect early adapters to be your beta test group.

I can understand a few glitches here and there, but when two or three of the KEY features upon which your marketing campaign is based do not function properly and consistently as advertised, that is a big deal.
2017-6-29
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

CliffordL Posted at 2017-6-29 12:25
Agreed.  If a product is not fully ready for market release, it should not be released.  Especially when that product is essentially a flying bladesaw!

DJI has a lot of kinks to work out with this one - although I have been mostly satisfied with the performance.  It is unacceptable to put a product out that is not fully ready for release and expect early adapters to be your beta test group.

Especially when that product is essentially a flying bladesaw!

My 15 year old can attest to this statement.  My Spark wouldn't palm land, just kept hovering, and the sensors kept making it fly up.  So, he grabbed it and the Spark "bit" him 5 times on the fingers with the blades.  Live and learn. lol  He won't be doing that again.

2017-6-29
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Poland

SteelTallon Posted at 2017-6-29 13:48
Especially when that product is essentially a flying bladesaw!

it seems by the behavior that the gesture mode was turned to normal and than plam land don't work .
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules