Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Collecting Users Feedback
71223 558 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Are you worried that your Spark doesn’t fly as you want it to in Gesture mode?
Are you worried when the Spark does not fly back to you after raising your arms in a Y shape?
Do you think a new gesture control method is needed for the Spark?
Or do you want to add new gestures for controlling the Spark?
Or do you want more fun options with the QuickShot modes?

Now, we want to hear from you!
Your Ideas…
Your Suggestions…
Your Comments…
Let us know about your experiences when flying the Spark, not only about the Gesture Selfies and QuickShot, but also other flight stories.
Your feedback is important! We are devoted to providing you with a better user experience and product!
Maybe your ideas or suggestions will become reality in the Spark’s next version.

You can send an email to beta@dji.com and mark the subject of your email as Feedback for the Spark.
In the email, you can share your suggestions for the Gesture Selfies, QuickShot or other flight modes when flying the Spark. Or if there is an error with the Gesture Selfies, QuickShot, or other modes, just send an email to us and upload the flight controller data and black box data to DJI Server.

Your suggestions and feedback are highly appreciated. Thank you for supporting DJI.

2017-6-25
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

- A new gesture to start video recording
2017-6-25
Use props
heightoffield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2670423 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

- option to enable RTH in gesture mode (to avoid landing in water of a hole when critical low battery waring pops up)
- option to have 25 FPS fullHD (PAL), not just the 30 FPS for NTSC users
- maybe new Quickshots (althogh no specific idea what )
2017-6-25
Use props
Gimpdiggity
lvl.1
United States

I would personally like to see a way for the Spark to disable tracking mode when given the gesture to take a photo in order to get the full quality image that is available from the camera in non-tracking modes.
2017-6-25
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56811 ft
United States

Gesture for video recording definitely
2017-6-25
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

-Gesture for start/stop Video recording with no device connected
-Gesture for start a circle (do a 360° Video and hover)
-More Failsafe options (Hover, Land, etc.)
-Adjustable Gimbal pitch-speed
-12MP Selfies
-More Intelligent FlightModes like POI, Course- and Homelock, etc.
2017-6-25
Use props
fans622a41dc
lvl.1
United States

This would be amazing: a button-actived Quickshot mode that doesn't require the controller. Eg 4 button presses launch Dronie. It would use GPS coordinates and direction it's facing to know where to point, and wouldn't need a "focus subject" selection. Useful as a portable ultralight launch-and-fly, without needing a phone or controller.
2017-6-26
Use props
Magnil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122838 ft
Sweden

Gesture to start video recording AND remove the 100 m from homepoint limit.
2017-6-26
Use props
fans65352bc5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6680 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Make it work with GS pro (to get images for Pix4d or other 3D mapping applications).  
2017-6-26
Use props
LRAB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197559 ft
South Africa

1. further range with the CE standard, its really small and has pushed a lot of people in europe and elsewhere away from this drone as its got a max of 500m on CE standard.
2. when using phone to operate, a ''confirm exit'' prompt when someone presses the back button as many times its mistakenly touched and your returned to dji home screen which is pretty scary when flying.
3. record in gesture mode
4. haptic feedback on the phone
5. and just an unrealistic wish u guys need to develop quieter propellers somehow with your magic fingers
2017-6-26
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Please add "Gymbal pitch track" for DJI Go 4 on Android.
2017-6-26
Use props
NewtonLeWilows
lvl.1
United Kingdom

12mp selfies, video recording in gesture mode
2017-6-26
Use props
The flying dodo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 508255 ft
Belgium

- Follow me using the position of the smartphone .
- Possibility of developing a small pre-programmed automatic flight plan, with the app.
- Option to have 25 FPS fullHD (PAL), not just the 30 FPS for NTSC users
2017-6-26
Use props
onefourten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18330 ft
United Kingdom

When you say Sparks next version, I really hope you mean firmware and not hardware....
2017-6-26
Use props
The flying dodo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 508255 ft
Belgium

onefourten Posted at 2017-6-26 03:44
When you say Sparks next version, I really hope you mean firmware and not hardware....

I really hope too
2017-6-26
Use props
mzak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12270 ft
Singapore

1) Camera RAW photos (I needed to stress that, reeeeeeaaaaaally hoping for this one)
2) Gimbal pitch tracking in the DJI Go 4 Android app
3) Please allow us to easily change the Wifi band when connecting to the remote via an OTG cable
4) Follow me mode using either the smartphone/remote connection rather than just tracking via camera
2017-6-26
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Excellent product. I am happy with it. Gesture mode need improvement. Minor bug viewing thumbnail, not showing any picture if the card is formatted and use to store picture.
Prefer Mavic style rc. Add a switch to Spark to switch between wifi and rc. In RC mode use occusync as in Mavic for better connection.
2017-6-26
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Just make it to work ...
2017-6-26
Use props
LRAB
lvl.2
South Africa

mzak Posted at 2017-6-26 04:01
1) Camera RAW photos (I needed to stress that, reeeeeeaaaaaally hoping for this one)
2) Gimbal pitch tracking in the DJI Go 4 Android app
3) Please allow us to easily change the Wifi band when connecting to the remote via an OTG cable

it does have a follow me mode????
2017-6-26
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-26 05:14
Just make it to work ...

Simple enough!
2017-6-26
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Adjustment for gimbal speed.
2017-6-26
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Yeah, wow, I also just noticed that. I hope they meant next firmware, not hardware lol
2017-6-26
Use props
mzak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12270 ft
Singapore

LRAB Posted at 2017-6-26 05:14
it does have a follow me mode????

Look at this vid for the difference between ActiveTrack on the Spark and Follow Me mode on the Mavic

P.S. I didn't know linking to a Youtube vid automatically embeds it...
2017-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ground launch, clap hands for return. Get to higher altitude quicker for dronie, right hand aw right left hand yaw left.
2017-6-26
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-26 08:42
Ground launch, clap hands for return. Get to higher altitude quicker for dronie, right hand aw right left hand yaw left.

Hmm..."clap hands for return".  I liked that idea, but would that require a mic on the Spark?  or a you just talking about the clapping motion as a gesture?
2017-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-26 08:51
Hmm..."clap hands for return".  I liked that idea, but would that require a mic on the Spark?  or a you just talking about the clapping motion as a gesture?

Well Tviscomi, you ride motorcycles imagine yourself in all your leathers making a Y , how many people will mistake you for Glenn Hughes from village people, so more to do with the action of clapping than sound.
2017-6-26
Use props
NewGramps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115112 ft
United States

Please update DJI Assistant. I haven't had serious problems with my Spark, but if I do I want to be able to provide requested telemetry. I'm completely unable to get DJI Assistant to work.
2017-6-26
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

First, I'm glad we are being asked for feedback.  My guess is if DJI scoured this forum for a day, most of these comments would be evident.  I also see we need to send an e-mail?  Not sure why these comments wouldn't be accumulated, but whatever works...is Spark the, "beta" or is the beta for "Spark 2?"  I also hope most of these are firmware fixes for early adopters.

First time drone pilot, got my Spark on Thursday, have used it probably 4-6 hours or so off an on the last three days.  Overall, I've had a blast!  My observations for improvement and/or questions:

- Should be a video capture mode on palm launch, follow, etc.  Like hand cranking an old video camera?  It's nice to be followed after palm launch, but then you have to re-position and do the selfie.  I did have the Spark "stick" about 10 feet up in the air after I, "sent it away" with the waiving of the hand.  It wouldn't come back.  I had a mild panic attack and tried all kinds of ways to get it to notice me, eventually it did.  

- Tried flying it last night at dusk, got some great pictures, then as it got really dark, tried to land it on my deck...it seemed to be hovering wildly all over the place and eventually crashed into my gutter down spout.  I read about the 3D sensor needing light, but when indoors, it maintains a stationary position with no GPS in ATTI mode.  Why, if there was no light, would it not be able to hover?  Sensors can't pick anything up, I'm assuming?  Shouldn't the GPS signal maintain night flying, if you were in a safe environment?  

- Tried to do a "palm takeoff" and then switch to phone mode.  Doing the palm launch, then switching to phone or controller mode would have helped me on the sand bar I was on Saturday night.  I didn't want to launch it off the ground and have not yet received my "landing pad."  Anyway, I was able to do it off my deck, then when I flipped over to phone control, it descended from it's palm launch height, right into my deck railing...another crash.  It probably should maintain it's "hover" during the switch over.  I'd like to palm launch, take control (phone or controller) then be able to palm land.  Right now, once you flip over to controller or phone, when you put your hand under, it wants to raise up off it.  (Unless there is a way to palm, control, palm?)  Anytime there is a, "hand" under it, it should land in your palm, IMO.

- Seems when I want to launch off our metal table on the deck, the compass needs re-calibrating each time.   Too much interference?  Also, the IMU calibration visuals need updating in the app.  I had NO IDEA how to do this, until I saw a video on the Mavic.  I couldn't tell by the pix on my phone when calibrating that you had to turn it on it's side after you take the props off.  Ah...after a 1/2 hour of frustration, it worked.  

- The switching back and forth from palm mode, to then phone and controller and the 3 second, 6 second, pairing, etc. seems to be a pain.  My Spark never seems to know what mode I'm in.  Not sure why the Spark doesn't instantly recognize that I'm in phone mode, connected to the Spark, or controller mode, connected to the controller?  Maybe needs some updating?  

- Someone mentioned setting the parameters for quickshots?  I had not noticed that, will try again.  Dronie for me didn't raise up much, if all, just backed up to a point where 50 yards later, I thought it was going to crash into the goal posts on the football field.  I then took over manually via controller.  Circle mode worked most of the time, but did have some hitches in the circle.  Rocket worked the best, but did have some hesitation, instead of a real, "blast off."  But, maybe that was by design?  Helix worked the worst of the four, it kinda circled WAY far out, but again, in the middle of a football field, almost hit the press box in it's first circle.  Helix needs to be a tighter circle, like circle mode and a raising of altitude like rocket at the same time, IMO.  

- Follow mode seemed to work about 1/2 the time...but then lost me, or my dog.  Also seemed to miss us if we were in direct sunlight, or shade, etc.  

- I didn't see anything in the manual (may have missed it) about how to pull the pano pix, etc. off the cached content on the DJIGo4 app.  I reviewed what I thought should be a pano picture after pulling the sim card and just had a bunch of non-stiched together pix.  I eventually figured it out and pulled straight from the app to the phone, then uploaded to social media, etc.  Probably need a bit more info up front on that one.  

- I wouldn't mind a, "don't show this again" on notices about being in a airport zone, school zone (which I live across the street from), etc.  Every time though?  I'm pretty safe, already called the 5 mile "real" airport, will call Control Tower each time I'm in that area, etc.  

- I thought the phone captured noise from your phone control, or remote control?  My videos all seem silent, or after I found them in the app, they played music instead?  Should my voice be picked up via phone an embed on the video?  Then I can decide what to edit in or out of the final cut?  

I'm sure I'll think of more...overall, I'm glad to see someone is asking, but would be nice to know your intentions.  I'm assuming with the flood of feedback, there will be many more firmware updates in our immediate future?

Thanks again...happy first time buyer.  
2017-6-26
Use props
Jptsrone
lvl.2
United States

Only tried the gestures to see if they worked. I'll probably never use them again. I got the spark for the size the gestures were an afterthought.
2017-6-26
Use props
NewGramps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115112 ft
United States

Please update DJI Assistant. I haven't had serious problems with my Spark, but if I do I want to be able to provide requested telemetry. I'm completely unable to get DJI Assistant to work.
2017-6-26
Use props
LRAB
lvl.2
South Africa

mzak Posted at 2017-6-26 07:53
Look at this vid for the difference between ActiveTrack on the Spark and Follow Me mode on the Mavic
this vid
P.S. I didn't know linking to a Youtube vid automatically embeds it...

watched the vid, i get it now. we totally need follow me mode on the spark
2017-6-26
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-26 09:03
Well Tviscomi, you ride motorcycles imagine yourself in all your leathers making a Y , how many people will mistake you for Glenn Hughes from village people, so more to do with the action of clapping than sound.

LOL...point well taken.
2017-6-26
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will be a better experience if the Spark is not so expensive. Perhaps $500 with remote?
2017-6-26
Use props
onefourten
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-6-26 09:54
First, I'm glad we are being asked for feedback.  My guess is if DJI scoured this forum for a day, most of these comments would be evident.  I also see we need to send an e-mail?  Not sure why these comments wouldn't be accumulated, but whatever works...is Spark the, "beta" or is the beta for "Spark 2?"  I also hope most of these are firmware fixes for early adopters.

First time drone pilot, got my Spark on Thursday, have used it probably 4-6 hours or so off an on the last three days.  Overall, I've had a blast!  My observations for improvement and/or questions:

This guy seems to use the RC then land on his palm.. granted, we can't see the RC so don't know if he's doing it by gesture or RC...

2017-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

onefourten Posted at 2017-6-26 15:05
This guy seems to use the RC then land on his palm.. granted, we can't see the RC so don't know if he's doing it by gesture or RC...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1JN4KGUPt0

Think he used RC to land on his hand, once vision sensors are turned off you can land no problem with RC. just hold down on left stick for 3 seconds motors will power off.
Nice distance though.
2017-6-26
Use props
onefourten
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-26 15:30
Think he used RC to land on his hand, once vision sensors are turned off you can land no problem with RC. just hold down on left stick for 3 seconds motors will power off.
Nice distance though.

Ah ok, gotcha.
2017-6-26
Use props
MichCs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59190 ft
Poland

color modes for video. D-log would be great. Eventually, only two selectable color modes (e.g. standard and flat) would really help.
2017-6-27
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-27
Use props
yaka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2011 ft
Switzerland

Hi,

GS pro capabilities
More gesture modes and new gesture to start video recording
in the futur optionnal real antennas socket on the machine AND de RC to expand a little bit quality and range...

Thanks for the job !
2017-6-27
Use props
paskalicky 4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260981 ft
United States

#Synchronize group flying#
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now