Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trouble Authorizing In DJI Go 4 with Spark
1201 3 2017-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gimpdiggity
New
United States

Hello.  

Today I was trying to help my friend get his Spark up and running for the first time.  We were attempting to fly in a "Yellow" area in GEO and we did have permission to fly in the area.  

We were attempting to authorize through the app when prompted to do so, and we would click "Yes" to tell it we wanted to authorize, then check the two boxes, then it would just take us back to the screen but still not allow us to take off.  

It seems we were able to get it by going to the planning section of the DJI website, but by that time we had left the flying area and were already at work.  

My question is this:

Is there some trick to getting this to work?  He was using it on Android, on a Samsung S7.  

I am trying to figure out if the fact that we were connected to the Spark's WiFi (it's a Fly Less Spark) if that means that DJI wasn't receiving that we were authorizing?  Do we need to do something like switch to LTE when selecting "Yes," or am I missing something?  

For what it's worth, he lives very close to the yellow zone, so this is something that might affect him fairly regularly, so we'd like to figure out how to get it to work.  

Thanks in advance for the help.
2017-6-25
Use props
Gimpdiggity
New
United States

Okay, we are working through this here.  

We were able to figure out one thing we were doing wrong.  We thought the serial number from the Go 4 App in the About section would be the same as the one on the box, so we had just been putting in the one from the box.  I found out tonight while messing with my own Spark that the serial number from the Go 4 app is actually the serial number for the Flight Controller, so I tried setting one up with the serial number from my box, and got nothing in the Unlock List.  Then I did one with the serial number from the Go 4 app "About" which is the flight controller, and when I went to the Unlock List and synchronized I instantly got the zone I had authorized up and running.  

I, however, am on iOS.  

As stated, he's using an Android, Samsung S7 Edge.  

I was having him do the same thing, got the serial number from his Go 4 app and put that in on the DJI site.  We connected to his Spark and then went to the Unlocking List.  Where mine says "Synchronize Unlock Information" his just says "Refresh."  When he hits refresh he gets this error message:  "Your mobile device is offline ensure your network connection and retry."  He, however, has solid 4G service and can access his web browser just fine, so I don't think that his device is actually offline.  

I had him log out and back in to Go 4, and when he was trying to log in it gave him this same error message several times, then after a few moments it allowed him to log back in.  

Is this a server side issue that for some reason he is running into?  Or is there something else that we should be trying?  
2017-6-26
Use props
djiuser_n0ZyPqO
New
United States

Were you able to get a resolution on this yet?  

I just got a Spark and am having the exact same issue.  
I am also using android, on a Samsung S4A.  
I tried temporarily turning off my Wi-Fi to ensure LTE data connectivity, but the app refuses to Refresh my unlock list.
2017-8-8
Use props
fans6251459f
New
United States

I am on iOS but still having the issue.

I live in a yellow zone.
I used my phone to verify an unlocking plan. (yes I used the serial # from the controller when connected to the spark)
Then...

When I am connected to the spark the GO4 App gives me an option of an Unlocking List. When I click to Synchronize the Unlock Information it tells me that Network Connection is required. However when I connect to the network the Unlocking List is no longer available within the GO4 App. Please help. I feel like I am so close.
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules