Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Inspire 2 is Available (26/06/2017)
4294 23 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Inspire 2 Release Notes
  • Date: 2017.06.26
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.01.0010
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V01.01.0001
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.1.2, Android V 4.1.2

What's New?
  • Updated no-fly zone management.
  • For increased safety, flights will now be restricted to a height of 30 m and a distance of 50 m when not connected and logged into DJI GO 4 or another third-party app compatible with DJI aircraft.
  • Added Dynamic Home Point, which allows the home point to update automatically based on remote controller's position when using the external GPS module.
  • Added Continuous Auto Focus (AF-C) for the Zenmuse X4S.
  • Fixed a rare issue where image signal couldn't be received after powering on.
  • Fixed an issue where videos taken with zoom lenses weren't saved to the SD card correctly.
  • Fixed a rare issue where SD card and SSD Looks didn't match.
  • Fixed an issue where black frames would occasionally appear in SSD video.
  • Fixed a rare issue where an update notification would still appear after completing an update successfully.
  • Improved chromatic aberration calibration for some lenses.
  • Improved gimbal stability for the Olympus M.Zuiko 9-18mm/4.0-5.6 lens.
  • Fixed an issue where SD cards couldn't be formatted in certain situations.
  • Added Intelligent Flight Battery auto-heating when charging in low temperatures.
  • Intelligent Flight Batteries will be compatible with Matrice 200 series aircraft and the Ronin 2 after this update.
  • Optimized image signal quality in some countries and regions.
  • Added Remote Obstacle Avoidance during Return to Home.* (Only for the Zenmuse X4S and Zenmuse X5S equipped with the DJI MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH lens.)
  • DO NOT support to enter the Ground Station mode by using the remote control key combination

* Should be used with the next version of DJI GO 4 app which is coming soon.

Notes:
  • Make sure to restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft and DJI GO 4, then try updating again.

How to upgrade aircraft and remote controller firmware:

2017-6-26
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
First Officer
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

I'm surprised that no one has commented on this yet - not even the conspiracy theorists. :-) I was already 1 rev behind since I was on vacation and didn't want to chance having issues with an update. I assume when I update now it will jump to the latest version unless I use the DJI Assistant. Has anyone upgraded to the new firmware that would like to share their experience?
2017-6-26
Use props
Seachronicity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

The firmware upgrade process was interesting.

First I received the firmware warning in the Go 4 App and chose to upgrade the firmware. It took just a few minutes.

Then I shut it down (both controller and I2) and started it up again - no messages, so then shut it down.

Started it up the third time and received a message for a firmware update again. This time it stated that the phone had to be directly connected to the I2. The upgrade listed several components sequentially and took about a half hour. I then reconnected the controller to iPad.

Started it up again and noted a firmware mismatch - probably batteries. I proceeded and it took about another minute to complete.

Changed batteries and the same process occurred.

Overall it was smooth and proceeded without any issues.

I have not flown yet, but did notice a few things:

Some settings have changed. Suggest checking all menus.
My controller would typically disconnect from the I2 each time on startup (over the last few weeks) and I would have to reconnect. This no longer occurs.
Using the manual focus wheel now enlarges the center area automatically. I could not get this to work previously.
Hope this helps and resolves the CPU Full issue. Will fly later today.
2017-6-26
Use props
joejoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194003 ft
Germany

- What does "Added REMOTE Obstacle Avoidance during RTH" mean? And why is it related to the camera?

- Any way to see Obstacle Avoidance RTH in action with our own I2? (I had a bad experience using TapFly,... so I don´t feel safe testing it)

- I´m still missing the implementation of the advertised Waypoint flight!
2017-6-26
Use props
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Seachronicity Posted at 2017-6-26 06:54

First I received the firmware warning in the Go 4 App and chose to upgrade the firmware. It took just a few minutes.

Same experience as Searchronicity. Replacing the battery, after the first update, prompted for a second update. Then, an incompatible firmware warning automatically updated the RC. Basic setting reset, so, I had to go back in with my preferences. Otherwise, had a single flight with no unusual expereinces.
2017-6-26
Use props
Seachronicity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 852792 ft
United States

Took her for a spin.  The CPU overload error and glitched frames I was experiencing after the last Go 4 update did not occur.

Thanks, DJI
2017-6-26
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
First Officer
United States

Forgot to mention ProRes license error popped up. Need to look into.

Performed all updates and did a quick test flight with no issues detected. I did notice several settings back to their defaults so will be going through each screen and re-configuring before a full test flight.
2017-6-27
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-6-27 04:03
Performed all updates and did a quick test flight with no issues detected. I did notice several settings back to their defaults so will be going through each screen and re-configuring before a full test flight.

was the smart RTH removed?

Rich
2017-6-27
Use props
maxdd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 889531 ft
United States

Improved chromatic aberration calibration for some lenses.... ????
Could anyone tell us which lenses.  Have the Zuiko 25mm f1.8 which had too much aberration. Used it twice which was more than enough..
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI-Newbie
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Seachronicity Posted at 2017-6-26 06:54

Based on your description,its a RC firmware update first time,the second time is Aircraft, its normal.
The settings may reset after upgrade, we will remind this in the next firmware upgrade notice, sorry for your trouble.
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI-Newbie
lvl.4
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-6-27 16:23
was the smart RTH removed?

Rich

It`s not removed , don`t worry.
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI-Newbie
lvl.4
China

joejoe Posted at 2017-6-26 10:55
- What does "Added REMOTE Obstacle Avoidance during RTH" mean? And why is it related to the camera?

- Any way to see Obstacle Avoidance RTH in action with our own I2? (I had a bad experience using TapFly,... so I don´t feel safe testing it)

Hi Joejoe
The 'camera' here means the main camera, so the main camera will back to middle automatically when you trigger RTH and help to detect obstacles during the returning.
The waypoint is already there, are you using the latest APP?
2017-6-27
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Newbie Posted at 2017-6-27 18:55
It`s not removed , don`t worry.

thanks I noticed they removed it from the P4P Mavic and Spark

Rich
2017-6-27
Use props
dcobb23.me
lvl.1
Flight distance : 633386 ft
  • >>>
United States

I seem to be locked in a loop with the my system controller gets to 99%, then starts up again. My batteries are getting low and i don't want to stop the process. What do I do?
2017-6-27
Use props
joejoe
lvl.3
Germany

Waypoints for android app? Really? I didn´t see them updated in any changelog.

And I haven´t been using my Inspire 2 for months now due to misfitting propellers and stuff
2017-6-28
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
First Officer
United States

Just an FYI regarding my "ProRes" license error. It was actually an error due to the firmware resetting the SSD to record in CinemaDNG. I only have a license for ProRes so the message was legitimate. Changed the setting back to ProRes, did a test flight and had no errors. Looking good so far.
2017-6-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

New aircraft added to the P4.

How do you do all this i2 firmware update if you have both the X4S camera and the X5S both?  I'll assume GO 4 is most current too.

1. Do the RC first via GO 4?

2. Plug into computer and use Assistant 2 and do the aircraft with one battery installed.

3. Restart AC and RC.

4. Do the VPS calibration with the glass plate image of dots provided in bright light (Daylight?) using Assistant 2 now? (Not much said about that large glass plate.)

5. Restart and plug in and do second battery now?  Or can they both be done at the same time in #2 above?

6. Plug in X4S camera and do firmware yet again?

7. Remove and plug in X5S and repeat the firmware yet again?

8. Do you have to do it again with each lens for the X5S as well?

9. Finally do an IMU and Compass calibration?

All day job!  Whew!!
2017-7-2
Use props
joejoe
lvl.3
Germany

after updating: very bad video signal, remote signal constantly gone, "strong interference - be careful" note. Also ProRes License not found.
So I didn´t take of.
Maybe it was because I installed the I2 Firmware with no camera connected?

Now after connecting the I2 again to the DJI Assistant 2:  error informing about "Firmware incompatibility" or something like that (yes, I did update the tablet as well).

However. Reinstalling now.
2017-7-6
Use props
joejoe
lvl.3
Germany

ah. and updating takes like foreeeeever. Always looks like it froze at 85% or 93%.

Even checking for correct tablet version takes ages!
2017-7-6
Use props
stennoyeah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268340 ft
Australia

"For increased safety, flights will now be restricted to a height of 30 m and a distance of 50 m when not connected and logged into DJI GO 4 or another third-party app compatible with DJI aircraft."

ever since this update I cannot fly directly from the GS Pro app, i must first go into the DJI GO app and change the setting for enable max flight distance. Why is a dji app a non compatible app ???

The frustrating thing is that is has to be done every time the inspire 2 is switched on
2017-7-18
Use props
fansaefc5a05
lvl.1
United States

Cobra44Magnum Posted at 2017-6-26 05:50
I'm surprised that no one has commented on this yet - not even the conspiracy theorists. :-) I was already 1 rev behind since I was on vacation and didn't want to chance having issues with an update. I assume when I update now it will jump to the latest version unless I use the DJI Assistant. Has anyone upgraded to the new firmware that would like to share their experience?

After making the update and logged in I am unable to go above 95 ft and 125 ft away. No idea how to fix this issue, checked my max flight and all set to max. I am using the DJI GO app on my I-pad.
2017-9-12
Use props
rovpilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24327 ft
United Kingdom

I have had no issues with anything but the new up  date made it useless

i now have issues with video loss of signal keeps tell me to update, imu is initializing  all the time it dosent see my mem card

what a waste  om time not impressed more like depressed
2017-11-18
Use props
fans80373ab8
New
Australia

how do I reinstall software?
2017-11-25
Use props
fans80373ab8
New
Australia