Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dear DJI moderators, help needed urgently ...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sorry for being so persistent, but I have no official response beyond any doubts to my numerous posts ... I'm on the move camping around Western Canada with my Inspire 1 Pro:

App 3.1.2
Aircraft 1.9.1.30
RC 1.7.60
Camera 1.9.1.10

The system worked perfectly week ago at home in Edmonton (800km away), but here in remote areas occasionally loosing connection with Go app on my iPad Air 2 in mid air ... the warning on screen suggests RTH procedure activation ... the bird is still controllable with RC, but it's almost blind piloting possibly only within VLOS.

What can be done to avoid such dangerous situations in this case? Be aware that without computer and solid Internet connection any FW/software updates will be dificult to perform in field ...

Sincerely,
Matthew.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Is it possible that you have some type of magnetic interference? Could there be something around the area that would cause this type of interference?
2017-6-26
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-6-26 12:47
Is it possible that you have some type of magnetic interference? Could there be something around the area that would cause this type of interference?

very unlikely, I was literally in the middle of nowhere, total wilderness ... no civilization within 25km radius ...
2017-6-26
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Ive had the same problem with my inspire 1 now for a while, still haven't found a fix.

Ill bet your iPad screen probably shows both full RC and HD stream signal along the top bar too when the image stops transmitting, along with you still being able to control the drone and the camera gimbal?

It was suggested that perhaps the contacts between the camera and the drone (you know, where the camera slots on) might not be fully working, and to try loosen the screws on the camera side of the connect by a half turn each to see if it would improve it, but I haven't gotten around to trying and testing that out yet.

Also had no official response from dji on this so I'm not sure what exactly the best course of action to take is.
2017-6-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matt
Sorry you are still having trouble.
Looking at mikes post #4, I have suggested 2 things regarding the camera mounting base contacts.
1. loosen the screws 1/2 turn  this puts more pressure on the contacts when it is tightened down in the mount.
2. contact cleaner DeoxIT D100L    (or because you are in the field) use a #2 pencil eraser. then some alcohol ....
link
Rich
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

As RuchJ53 suggested, you may also try to remove and reinsert the 8-pin cables in the gimbal, make sure it's tight and well-plugged enough. Check the position of the antennas on the remote controller,distance should be greater than height during flight, please make sure the remote controller's antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.
Please let us know if the probelm persists.
8PIN线.jpg
2017-6-26
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-26 22:38
As RuchJ53 suggested, you may also try to remove and reinsert the 8-pin cables in the gimbal, make sure it's tight and well-plugged enough. Check the position of the antennas on the remote controller,distance should be greater than height during flight, please make sure the remote controller's antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft.
Please let us know if the probelm persists.

Mindy, all accessible and potentially vulnerable electrical contacts and cables have been checked immediately to no avail. After that conclusion I powered another bird (P3P) with identical results (Aircraft Disconnected, RC controllable but blind). Next day I traveled to another place hundred miles away, no problem whatsoever with my birds, it didn't happen again so far.

Is it possible that this frightening and isolated event is related to DJI announcement?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline

Matthew.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-6-28 13:05
Mindy, all accessible and potentially vulnerable electrical contacts and cables have been checked immediately to no avail. After that conclusion I powered another bird (P3P) with identical results (Aircraft Disconnected, RC controllable but blind). Next day I traveled to another place hundred miles away, no problem whatsoever with my birds, it didn't happen again so far.

Is it possible that this frightening and isolated event is related to DJI announcement?

Were you running on the latest version of the app with success prior to this, or did it happen just after updating the app? Changing the login procedure shouldn't have caused that kind of issue, but it seemed to have sorted itself out since? Is that notion about right so far?
2017-6-28
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-28 17:15
Were you running on the latest version of the app with success prior to this, or did it happen just after updating the app? Changing the login procedure shouldn't have caused that kind of issue, but it seemed to have sorted itself out since? Is that notion about right so far?

Jamie, I couldn't respond to your question immediately since I'm in the middle of nowhere, with chaotic or no Internet access. As I stated in OP, both drones are controlled by previous Go app version (3.1.2) on iPad Air 2. Just yesterday it happen again, and again with both P3P and I1P. This time status bar displays NO VIDEO TRANSMISSION SIGNAL. Again, no WiFi or cell coverage within 35km radius, no human presence either. Both drones performed flawlessly for several days before in the same remote location.

Since cable failure was eliminated, what other factors can possibly cause random and rare video transmission losses from BOTH drones simultaneously?
Or, is this behavior directly related to obligatory app update?
Notice of DJI GO update

2017-7-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-3 16:35
Jamie, I couldn't respond to your question immediately since I'm in the middle of nowhere, with chaotic or no Internet access. As I stated in OP, both drones are controlled by previous Go app version (3.1.2) on iPad Air 2. Just yesterday it happen again, and again with both P3P and I1P. This time status bar displays NO VIDEO TRANSMISSION SIGNAL. Again, no WiFi or cell coverage within 35km radius, no human presence either. Both drones performed flawlessly for several days before in the same remote location.

Since cable failure was eliminated, what other factors can possibly cause random and rare video transmission losses from BOTH drones simultaneously?

Hi Matt

I am sorry you are still having trouble!  I certainly would like to see you get this sorted out. (Although it might take an internet connection to fix everything)

I have never had any trouble with my iPad mini 4 until today in 95^F weather. I have the latest FW and Go App installed on my Inspire 1 and the iPad is now getting the CPU loading error or warning message now.  no other Apps are running at all.....  My iPad mini 4 has always worked great for all of my drones.. What the hell is going on with DJI ?

Rich
2017-7-3
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-3 19:35
Hi Matt

I am sorry you are still having trouble!  I certainly would like to see you get this sorted out. (Although it might take an internet connection to fix everything)

Rich, the worst part of dealing with DJI issues is miscommunication, misinformation, uncertainty, speculations, lack of authorized responses, leaving even the best of us in madness of confusion. Apparently the software reached the level of saturation in complexity, where maintaining it's stability is beyond control already. I have still no official explanation of these phenomena, nor the remedy advised by DJI. Why some drones refuses to work in remote areas beyond Internet reach?  Look, I just moved with my birds to nearest town and - guess what ... They work charmingly like nothing happen!
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-3 20:12
Rich, the worst part of dealing with DJI issues is miscommunication, misinformation, uncertainty, speculations, lack of authorized responses, leaving even the best of us in madness of confusion. Apparently the software reached the level of saturation in complexity, where maintaining it's stability is beyond control already. I have still no official explanation of these phenomena, nor the remedy advised by DJI. Why some drones refuses to work in remote areas beyond Internet reach?  Look, I just moved with my birds to nearest town and - guess what ... They work charmingly like nothing happen!

We are sorry to fail to response your post in time. Could you please inform us the precise location that this issue happened every time? This is odd, if you change another a place and every works fine, that means the drone is in good condition.
Please provide us more information, I will feedback your concern to our engineer for analysis, thanks in advance.
2017-7-6
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-6 00:36
We are sorry to fail to response your post in time. Could you please inform us the precise location that this issue happened every time? This is odd, if you change another a place and every works fine, that means the drone is in good condition.
Please provide us more information, I will feedback your concern to our engineer for analysis, thanks in advance.

Mindy, very important facts to remember: these occasional anomalies of Aircraft Disconnected or No Video Transmission Signal affect two of my drones (Phantom 3 Pro and Inspire 1 Pro) simultaneously. Both are flying under Go app 3.1.2 on the same iPad Air2. All cables and connectors checked OK. It happens twice during last 2 weeks.

1. Kinbasket Lake BC near Valemount,  Latitude 52.6992/Longitude -119.0413
2. North Barriere Lake, BC, Latitude 51.3204/Longitude -119.8793

Right now I'm at Lat 51.4978/Long -120.5996 and both drones performs fine so far. My 3rd drone (P4P+) works equally fine with no issues whatsoever since the beginning of this trip.

Thank you very much.
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-6 07:07
Mindy, very important facts to remember: these occasional anomalies of Aircraft Disconnected or No Video Transmission Signal affect two of my drones (Phantom 3 Pro and Inspire 1 Pro) simultaneously. Both are flying under Go app 3.1.2 on the same iPad Air2. All cables and connectors checked OK. It happens twice during last 2 weeks.

1. Kinbasket Lake BC near Valemount,  Latitude 52.6992/Longitude -119.0413

Thank you for your information, I have forwarded your concern to our engineer, I will keep you posted if there is any updated, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-7
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-7 00:35
Thank you for your information, I have forwarded your concern to our engineer, I will keep you posted if there is any updated, appreciate your patience.

Thank you, Mindy. I know you'll do your best ...
2017-7-7
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt,

It appears this problem is fairly common, there is posts on every forum regarding this same loss of video problem.

Last week I pulled out my Inspire 1 and two P3P's and all three machines had the same no Image Transmission problem. I lost three drones at the same time with the same problem.

Somebody at DJI has to have an idea what's going on this is becoming an epidemic!

Regards Mike
2017-7-7
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mike Mas Posted at 2017-7-7 18:51
Dobmatt,

It appears this problem is fairly common, there is posts on every forum regarding this same loss of video problem.

Mike, I replied to your post with my comments ... Yes, it's very puzzling issue and I smell fish here ... On one hand DJI always claims "no obligatory FW or app update ever", on another they're releasing updates with more restrictions regularly. Most of these restrictions are related to NFZ, but we don't really know how far THEY can go with persistent push. For what I feel so far we'll be in constant troubles avoiding these updates, although our birds were performing just fine until recently. What puzzles me even more is the fact that your fleet is grounded en masse and permanently, while mine just temporarily and randomly.
2017-7-7
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Now that we know we're all having the same transmission problems and more than likely most all P3P and Inspire1's might fail as ours did, the question is what will DJI do.

My fleet of 3 machines have been down for almost 3 weeks and I have not heard one option on having the machines fixed if even possible.

An immediate solution would be some type of allowance towards a P4P or Inspire 2 to replace our equipment so we can get back in the air with some dependability.

Hopefully the moderators of this forum will share the importance of the problem to their supervisors for a quick solution.

Thanks  Mike

2017-7-11
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

going to jump back in here with a little update of my own, as ive been having similar problems with the inspire 1 x5 too.

the other day it just started working.

and then it didnt

and then it did again.

it's very very frustrating being so unreliable. especially when it goes down mid-flight and you have to wait and hope the signal returns (which often it will do immediately after the app prompts for the aircraft to return-to-home) there's no distortion in the signal when it works (I know digital signals often work this way, where it's all or nothing. often in other devices I've found them to "greenscreen" part of the feed before they drop tho, and in this case it just cuts)

everything i have is up to date with the latest software, cleaning the contacts between gimbal and aircraft doesnt seem to have worked.
i havent opened any covers to fiddle with wires as im not confident that ill manage to fix it instead of break it further, so now im at a loss as to what to do with it.
2017-7-11
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mike Mas Posted at 2017-7-11 13:50
Now that we know we're all having the same transmission problems and more than likely most all P3P and Inspire1's might fail as ours did, the question is what will DJI do.

My fleet of 3 machines have been down for almost 3 weeks and I have not heard one option on having the machines fixed if even possible.

"Now that we know we're all having the same transmission problems and more than likely most all P3P and Inspire1's might fail as ours did ...."

Problem is that I'm not really sure about the validity of such conclusion. All of us or just few of us? See, for now my entire flock of birds flies just fine in densely populated area of Kelowna BC, with cell towers around on every hill ... Will they fly happily as well when I move into remote mountain valley tomorrow? I don't know, but I'll keep this forum posted ...

2017-7-11
Use props
DJI-麦克斯韦
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Hi Dobmatt, do you have the snapshot of the app when the rc lost connection? what's the status of the led on the RC?
2017-7-19
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-麦克斯韦 Posted at 2017-7-19 03:49
Hi Dobmatt, do you have the snapshot of the app when the rc lost connection? what's the status of the led on the RC?

No, I didn't took a snapshot. However, the drones are still controllable by RC. I can execute RTH, no problem. Just no image transmission. The issue is not persistent, occurring at random and in different places.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI-麦克斯韦
DJI R&D Squad

China

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-19 11:06
**** The posts are shielded ****

Hi Dobmatt, there are many reasons may lead to video lost, because lots of modules are involved in the video transmission link, the camera, the connector on the drone, the wireless interference of the environment...
from your description we can tell nothing. next time when you have issue plz check the status led of rd, if it was solid green, means the downlink is ok, and take a snapshot of the app's fpv and hd settings, it has the information for analysis.
2017-7-19
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-麦克斯韦 Posted at 2017-7-19 22:45
Hi Dobmatt, there are many reasons may lead to video lost, because lots of modules are involved in the video transmission link, the camera, the connector on the drone, the wireless interference of the environment...
from your description we can tell nothing. next time when you have issue plz check the status led of rd, if it was solid green, means the downlink is ok, and take a snapshot of the app's fpv and hd settings, it has the information for analysis.

Thank you for response ... Hope the issue will be no more ...
2017-7-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-20 16:56
Thank you for response ... Hope the issue will be no more ...

Hi Mathew

Sorry you have been still fighting this problem. I can say for my Inspire 1 has not been affected. But the iPad mini 4 was getting the new CPU is overloaded message. I cleared the cache and has not popped up again. The iPad is getting warmer and the battery drain is higher. This is not just the summer heat, I think that DJI made some changes in the Go App that will need to be corrected. Mindy said they were working on this issue too.

I have been flying my Mavic and goggles... it Is a blast. The Inspire 2 has been working nicely too  I know Mike was hit pretty hard with his 3 drones with the image problem. I do not understand why he was having such a bad time. It almost sounds like the encoder module was corrupted after the FW update on each one. I find that to be hard to do!

Keep us posted

Hope your vacation is still a good one.

Rich
2017-7-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-7 00:35

Mindy
Please check your PM
Rich
2017-7-20
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-20 20:33
Hi Mathew

Sorry you have been still fighting this problem. I can say for my Inspire 1 has not been affected. But the iPad mini 4 was getting the new CPU is overloaded message. I cleared the cache and has not popped up again. The iPad is getting warmer and the battery drain is higher. This is not just the summer heat, I think that DJI made some changes in the Go App that will need to be corrected. Mindy said they were working on this issue too.

Rich, the issues with my fleet aren't persistent, nor permanent. It's just a matter of very uncomfortable feel of uncertainty ... Gee, will it fly, will it fly now??? So far I had problems twice only, either with Inspire 1 Pro video transmission signal or P4P+ geofencing restrictions, but in general all birds are performing well.
Sadly, the area of my exploration is engulfed in wildfire smoke, ruining the quality of aerial imagery ... Oh, well ...

Thank you for spiritual support, Brother Rich ...  
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-20 21:08
Mindy
Please check your PM
Rich

Have replied, Rich.
2017-7-23