Samsung galaxy S8 and spark issue
6865 15 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
useraed8781722
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19501 ft
United Kingdom

I have a number of dji products and review them online. To date, I have been impressed with the stability and quality. But since I recieved my fly more combo spark kit I cannot fly using the remote controller and my Samsung galaxy S8 mobile phone.

I can fly all ok connecting the S8 directly to the spark via WiFi without the remote controller, but when connected to the remote controller the dji go 4 app reports a status of go fly then enter device. When I manage to click go fly, the aircraft status switches between disconnected and no signal. There is no camera Gimbal display either.

I have since repeated the same connected test to the remote controller and directly via WiFi to the spark using my galaxy tab s2 with Android 7 nougat. All is ok.

Latest firmware downloaded too for the remote controller and the spark all successfully. But this was only was successful when I connected to the remote controller successfully via the galaxy tab s2. An update wasn't promoted when I connected the galaxy S8 mobile phone.

2017-6-26
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

You could use an USB OTG Connection, runs smoother anyways, saw the same stuff on my S7 Edge...
2017-6-26
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

You could use an USB OTG Connection, runs smoother anyways, saw the same stuff on my S7 Edge...
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did your Samsung galaxy S8 mobile phone connect to wifi of RC successfully? Could you please help to export flight data to us for further analysis?
To export the data, please download the Assistant 2 from DJI offcial Spark webiste, install it then connect your Spark to PC, run Assistant 2, click "Black box" on the left side, you could save it to local, here is the picture for your reference:
black box.png
2017-6-27
Use props
fansea2846d9
lvl.2
Spain

I have an s8+ and it works flawlessly with the RC via WiFi, however I wanna try with OTG cable as everyone says it's much better. Why don't you try that and see how it goes?
2017-6-28
Use props
useraed8781722
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19501 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks will send flight data.

Yes all works fine via WiFi only no controller.

Is there a link on YouTube to use OTG cable?
2017-6-30
Use props
RoyTeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45194 ft
Singapore

Somehow otg on the s8 doesn't work.it wont detect. Works on s7 and earlier, just not the s8.there are others in this forum facing the same with the s8
2017-7-26
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Works fine on my s8+ did u enable usb debugging in developer options in settings menu of phone? If not go to settings about phone and im pretty sure its build number tap that about 10 times should enable dev options. When you plug in the USB OTG a pop up will show you have to give it permission so every time the app launches you don't have no problem. I must say even before I enable developer options when I connect on my S8 plus it worked flawlessly and after enabling. If that doesn't work go to settings then applications go to DJI go for clear default then plug in the USB you should see that little pop-up make sure you check it off and then hit okay
2017-7-26
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I wonder if it's a problem with the exynos version of the S8 I have the Snapdragon version the US version and it works flawlessly
2017-7-26
Use props
fans41b1f58f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

I use a Samsung Galaxy S8 connecting to the RC by WiFi and with an OTG with no problems. I know this doesn't help you, but just thought I should say...
2017-7-26
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ya use OTG with S8 when possible.. i have an S8 i think that the S8 has a strong wifi/bluetooth output that is smothering the RC signal to Spark a bit.. it is night and day difference using OTG with S8
2017-7-26
Use props
bastosboi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232300 ft
Germany

I have a S8 in Germany, unlocked, I fly via OTG USB and have no problems. Much more stable connection than with WiFi from S8 to remote and again WiFi from remote to Spark.
I do turn the S8 into Airplane mode when I connect to the DJI Go App via USB.
2017-7-26
Use props
ebo974
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83730 ft
Réunion

Very strange. Have a S8+ (french) and no problem so far.

Can fly with wifi and OTG. And yes, otg way is absolutly better than wifi mode.
2017-7-26
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

S8+ here with no problems although I need to pick up an OTG to try that as well.

Definitely put it in airplane mode and then flip wifi back on before connecting to the RC.  I have noticed similar behavior as the OP if I don't put it in airplane mode first, and I am REALLY close to drone with both the phone and RC, like right up next to it.  It cuts in and out with the connection to RC.  Move further away from the drone  with the phone and RC and it's okay.  In airplane mode though I never see this.
2017-7-27
Use props
WilfredFireStee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

I must be doing something wrong here followed all the steps even debugged usb but still can't seem to work my otg.... my s8 just won't have any of it.
2017-8-18
Use props
Antonio Lima
New
Brazil

bastosboi Posted at 2017-7-26 11:52
I have a S8 in Germany, unlocked, I fly via OTG USB and have no problems. Much more stable connection than with WiFi from S8 to remote and again WiFi from remote to Spark.
I do turn the S8 into Airplane mode when I connect to the DJI Go App via USB.

Dear bastos, how are you?
Do you use the galaxy s8 with the OTG that already came on the box? I intend to get a small micro usb cable to connect with the remote controller and I'm wondering if it's gonna work?!
Tks, Antonio.
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules