Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ground Station Airport Restrictions
2211 2 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maxisteve
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51677 ft
  • >>>
United States

Currently DJI has limitations on their Ground Station software that limits setting waypoints anywhere within a 5 mile radius to an airport. I was hoping that may change in the future to be more consistent with how the airport restrictions are set on the Phantom series, i.e. varying altitude limitation based on proximity to airport. For example, if you are 2 miles out, you can still fly your phantom however, the altitute would be limited to around 200 feet or so. I am hoping that there will be a change on the ground station software to match this. You would then be able to set waypoints but would only be limited in the same way as the phantom series multirotors are limited. IF anyone knows of any updates or changes regarding the ground station and airport restrictions, would be great to hear back, thanks.
2014-9-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't see that happening any time soon.  With the current environment around the proposed FAA regulations, my guess is that the restrictions may become more aggressive than less.  Just my opinion.  I see a similar trend at the AMA field.
2014-9-20
Use props
xswamix
New

United States

Currently, FAA AC 91-57 requires that operators of hobby model aircraft of any type notify FAA Air Traffic Control Towers of any flight within a 3 mile radius of any airport with an operating control tower and restrict altitude to 400 ft. above ground.  Also, FAA flight restriction notifications prohibit UAV flight at any altitude within 5 miles of an airport within Class B Airspace or over or near any open air sports event.
2014-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules