Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why can't the x3 shoot 720 @ 30,40,60 etc...
598 3 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brav0tang0
New
United States

Facebook live videos are junk unless we can stream in 720 @30fps (their format).

The x3 should be able to do it. Can we get this as a resolution option in the firmware?

Also just got my hard mount for my rode mic and it still is picking up bounce noise and the occasional gimbal interference. (Even over 5gh connection)   Out of the 10 videos I shot in the yard this afternoon 2 had feedback/interference noise and one lost audio 1/2 way through. Intermittent between videos. When it was in the clip it was for the entire clip. Next video it was gone. No settings were changed. Didn't notice till it was on the computer. I know I'll be pretty disappointed if I miss some shots or have interference on the audio for just one clip in the field. So hopefully I can figure something out. Hoping to not need to always setup a spare mic and all the extra work that goes with it.

Backed the audio down from default 30 to 20.(not sure if that matters or should be more dramatic)
Shooting in 1080 30 over the 5g connection.

Any tips on the fb live ,720 , or audio would be great.

Thanks
-B
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the inconvenience with our product. I suggest you to force your Osmo’s firmware to update: before powering on, keep pressing the Trigger and Record button simultaneously, then pull the Power Switch down for about 5 second until the right LED blinks red and green. The OSMO will detect the firmware and begin updating. The update is complete when the LED displays solid green.
If the noise is still too loud,you can reduce the audio volume control in APP. The resolution of live stream is 720P,30FPS and cannot be changed, sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-6-27
Use props
brav0tang0
New
United States

It would just be useful to change the resolution to 720 @30 instead of shooting 1080 and letting Facebook compress the resolution to 720.  The camera can do it. I believe it is the newest firmware.
2017-6-27
Use props
brav0tang0
New
United States

Just checked, running latest firmware.

If they would give us a 720 resolution and multiple frame rates for it in an update this would drastically improve the Osmo's FB live quality.
I get that we can't change FB's format but considering that the Osmo already shoots 720 @120fps they could just update the app and give us the ability to change formats for shooting live.

2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules