Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best cable for connecting RC to iPhone and iPad?
31460 22 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mkaiserco
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone tried these cables yet? https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... smid=A16KCHXWF4185R

There's a short one for iPhone and a longer one for iPad mini. TIA.
2017-6-27
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

Not positive but from what I'm reading the OTG cables don't work with iOS devices running recent software. I'd love to be wrong...
2017-6-27
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

cwe0002 Posted at 2017-6-27 06:17
Not positive but from what I'm reading the OTG cables don't work with iOS devices running recent software. I'd love to be wrong...

No problem using these...I do get the BS message stating non Apple device, but it still functions

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9S ... dp_T2_BOMuzb2M09BE9
2017-6-27
Use props
Kryptinite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16394 ft
United States

I have some Amazon credit so I'm going to get one and see how it works.
2017-6-27
Use props
WayneMHK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine works fine, newest iOS, newest app.
2017-6-27
Use props
fansd1d3fe67
New
United States

I'm using these with an iPhone 7 with great results so far:
Drone Fans 1pc Sync USB Data Cable Cord Adapter for DJI Mavic Pro Remote Controller connects Phone Tablet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071H9KSPS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_qMVIyePcW8fmp
Drone Fans 1pc USB Data Cable Data Line for IOS System for DJI MAVIC PRO / Phantom 3 / 4 Inspire 1 / 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071DQ2555/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_fcfKBlkvssQ3m
2017-6-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine works with latest iOS iPad pro but you have to power on the  spark the controller  and app before I plug OTG cable into controller. If I try it any other way the go app won't connect..
2017-6-27
Use props
Cravenfan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-27 06:23
No problem using these...I do get the BS message stating non Apple device, but it still functions

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9S9Z0G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T2_BOMuzb2M09BE9

So this version, the 2 pk you plug in just a regular lightning charger for iPhone to this female side, then plug the male port into the controller, correct?  Advantage to the 2pk is if I'm using my IPad Pro (which I can't hook onto the controller, but can put in front of me on the deck railing, etc.) the lightning charger cord would be longer and I'd have more room to stand up, etc, right?  

Just want to make sure I'm looking at these two different, but similar options correctly.  Thanks!
2017-6-27
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-6-27 12:14
So this version, the 2 pk you plug in just a regular lightning charger for iPhone to this female side, then plug the male port into the controller, correct?  Advantage to the 2pk is if I'm using my IPad Pro (which I can't hook onto the controller, but can put in front of me on the deck railing, etc.) the lightning charger cord would be longer and I'd have more room to stand up, etc, right?  

Just want to make sure I'm looking at these two different, but similar options correctly.  Thanks!

See pic below
OTG-Cable.jpg
2017-6-27
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I have posted this a few times on the forums however everyone seems to ask the same question, these are your best options.
Use this to connect any smart phone cable to the Controller:

http://amzn.to/2seEKxr

Use this to connect an iPhone to the controller (This is the only cable i can find with a right angle so it does not stick out the edge of the controller):

http://amzn.to/2rZka02

2017-6-27
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-27 13:49
I have posted this a few times on the forums however everyone seems to ask the same question, these are your best options.
Use this to connect any smart phone cable to the Controller:

Please keep in mind - you are posting a U.K. Amazon site items which may or may not be available in other countries.

Not a knock but we are a global community.
2017-6-27
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-6-27 14:16
Please keep in mind - you are posting a U.K. Amazon site items which may or may not be available in other countries.

Not a knock but we are a global community.

Sorry my bad, I thought that Amazon automatically redirects to the local amazon site in your country,  I have been able to find it here also for you all in the USA : https://www.amazon.com/Rantow-Br ... o+Drone+Remote&

2017-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-27 11:30
Mine works with latest iOS iPad pro but you have to power on the  spark the controller  and app before I plug OTG cable into controller. If I try it any other way the go app won't connect..

That might be where I'm going wrong. Will try that.
2017-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2017-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Will have to try that might be where I'm going wrong.
2017-6-27
Use props
calmplex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20922 ft
  • >>>
United States

thanks for sharing!
2017-6-27
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
Captain
Flight distance : 455558 ft
United States

I had the same experience - tried both a cable with Micro USB and Lightning ends - and got the Apple message, but seemed to work.  But, since I was still seeing the Spark lose connection from time to time, ordered a OTG cable with the standard USB and Micro USB ends, and coupled it using an Apple Lightning cable - and still got the same Apple "unsupported" message - and was able to use it - but, still seeing the connection to the Spark drop from time to time.  In my own experience, I'm not sure that using the direct cable between iPad mini 4 and the RC Controller was much of an improvement over the Wifi connection between the two - just my opinion - but I will continue using the cable - as inherently, I BELIEVE it SHOULD be better, and I already paid for them, lol.  Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated!
2017-6-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-27 14:25

Did this work for you?
2017-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm away for a couple of days hoping I can try it soon , but I've tried everything else no joy.
2017-6-28
Use props
Hollywood_James
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453228 ft
United States

So, I had to chime in. I use a Galaxy S7 Edge for my phone and I just upgraded my iPad 2 to the iPad Mini 4 to use with my Spark. All worked well using the supplied OTG adapter with my S7 Edge and even and old S6 Edge that is not on a network and only runs this app. However, the night I got my iPad Mini 4, I tried it with on OTG cable, but I couldn’t change the values of max height of 120m. I assume because I had to use it via WiFi to the RC. Well, after it flew away that night, DJI determined that it was a failure of the aircraft. Well, I now have my replacement and she flies perfectly with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and my old off network S6 Edge. I ordered a cable off of Amazon that people said they used with the Spark, but no joy. I get the may not be compatible message, but still can’t change the values, For more than obvious reasons, I would prefer to use a tablet, rather than my phone. Plus, I paid for it as it is recommended on their site. Any help or advice is appreciated and did they do that update for iOS 11 on the 20th? Thanks.
2017-10-24
Use props
Scobo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152795 ft
United Kingdom

AirPhoto1.com Posted at 2017-6-27 14:33
I had the same experience - tried both a cable with Micro USB and Lightning ends - and got the Apple message, but seemed to work.  But, since I was still seeing the Spark lose connection from time to time, ordered a OTG cable with the standard USB and Micro USB ends, and coupled it using an Apple Lightning cable - and still got the same Apple "unsupported" message - and was able to use it - but, still seeing the connection to the Spark drop from time to time.  In my own experience, I'm not sure that using the direct cable between iPad mini 4 and the RC Controller was much of an improvement over the Wifi connection between the two - just my opinion - but I will continue using the cable - as inherently, I BELIEVE it SHOULD be better, and I already paid for them, lol.  Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated!

I'm not seeing much advantage using an otg cable with the ipad mini either. Wifi seems to work fine in any case.
Android is a different story. I start getting weak signal messages and lag after 100m without an otg cable.
Using a cable improves this but it's still not as reliable as the ipad connection.
2017-10-24
Use props
Hollywood_James
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453228 ft
United States

Scobo Posted at 2017-10-24 11:45
I'm not seeing much advantage using an otg cable with the ipad mini either. Wifi seems to work fine in any case.
Android is a different story. I start getting weak signal messages and lag after 100m without an otg cable.
Using a cable improves this but it's still not as reliable as the ipad connection.

I’m starting to think that may be correct. However, some videos require a bit of height and distance. With the WiFi to the RC, my distances are limited. As, I assume, yours are as well. Why DJI couldn’t just work with Apple and Android to fix this so we didn’t have this issue I’ll never know. If we need an OTG cable for a stable connection and FULL control, without the height and distance restrictions, then just sell us one that work. UGH!
2017-10-24
Use props
djiuser_FzXD0mH6QHOU
lvl.1
United States

http://amzn.to/2CmnBCi works great for my Mavic air RC + iPad mini 2
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules