Down South
737 4 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I put together a little video with some random footage I took around my area in south Alabama. I just put it together to get some practise editing. I used Open Shot on Linux and let me tell ya, it wasnt easy. Its almost impossible to time the audio with the video. There is no graphic eq in Open Shot to help you time the tracks. You have to just drop a marker on the beat you want to time and the lag always makes it off so you really wont know what youve got until you render it. It turned out ok. Im gonna have to see about maybe getting Final Cut soon. It took a long time to get this close to right and it is close but its not perfect. Im getting better. You can see the progression if you look at my other videos. Ill be a pro in no time. I just gotta find content. Not much to film around here.

2017-6-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You may not want to hear the truth, but that footage is just plain terrible. It is in 720p, underexposed, over-exposed. You really should pay attention to learning how to use the camera and a good postproduction editor.
2017-6-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-27 14:34
You may not want to hear the truth, but that footage is just plain terrible. It is in 720p, underexposed, over-exposed. You really should pay attention to learning how to use the camera and a good postproduction editor.

I never said the footage was good. I was just practicing editing clips together with an audio trac. I never said I color graded it. Open Shot, at least the version I have, renders in 720p @ 25fps for youtube content. I have no control over that. Your input is noted.
2017-6-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-6-27 14:56
I never said the footage was good. I was just practicing editing clips together with an audio trac. I never said I color graded it. Open Shot, at least the version I have, renders in 720p @ 25fps for youtube content. I have no control over that. Your input is noted.

If you want to learn to use the best editing and post-production tools, then try a copy of Blackmagic Resolve. It is free to download and gives you complete control over every aspect of the program. But first you need to get your camera technique working, particularly exposure, the Phantom cameras needs plenty of light to produce good shots.
2017-6-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-27 15:11
If you want to learn to use the best editing and post-production tools, then try a copy of Blackmagic Resolve. It is free to download and gives you complete control over every aspect of the program. But first you need to get your camera technique working, particularly exposure, the Phantom cameras needs plenty of light to produce good shots.

I will definitely check that out.
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules