Confused on SD card specs...
643 5 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fstoppr61
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

This subject has popped up all over, but everybody seems to have a different opinion/answer, so hopefully this isn't a duplicate post:

I upgraded from the P4 to the P4P+, and the only SD card I can get it to read is the 16GB Sony that it came with... all others get an "sd card error" message.

I've got a Lexar 64GB card that worked great with the P4, along with a couple of 32s. From what I can tell (and have read), it exceeds the needs of the P4P, so I don't understand it at all. I did read a few comments that this bird plays nicely with Sandisk cards, but not Lexar, which makes no sense... here is a link to the card @ B&H;
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1112995-REG/lexar_lsdmi64gcbnl1000r_64gb_pro_micro_sdxc.html

Can anybody give me a definitive answer on this, or point me in the right direction?
Thanks!
2017-6-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Lexar cards have always seemed to be problematic with the Phantoms, they do not perform as advertised.  The safest bet is to buy a Sandisk Extreme series card, I have never had a problem with them and I use them in all my cameras without exception.
2017-6-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The P4 pro is a little more fussy about SD cards and won't play ball with some that worked well with previous machines.
Mine works well with Samsung 16 EVO, Lexar 633x & 600x and Panasonic U3 (all 16 GB cards)
2017-6-27
Use props
Fstoppr61
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

argh. Thanks..any appreciable real-world (non-marketing-hype) difference between Extreme & Extreme Pro cards?
2017-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Fstoppr61 Posted at 2017-6-28 06:45
argh. Thanks..any appreciable real-world (non-marketing-hype) difference between Extreme & Extreme Pro cards?

Both are more than fast enough.
The speed the camera writes image files is determined by the camera and not the card.
2017-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Fstoppr61 Posted at 2017-6-28 06:45

Both are more than fast enough.
The speed the camera writes image files is determined by the camera and not the card.
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules