It's Time DJI Admits The Quickshot Problem
2402 16 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c3673db
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Instead of having us try to send DJI data of our own Quickshot fails, why don't they just pull a couple of Sparks off the shelf and go record their own fails?  This issue is so prevalent you can't tell me administrators on this forum and DJI techies with their own Spark haven't experienced the issue described here in this forum.  Why doesn't DJI just admit the issue, tell us all they're working on it, and quit hassling us to send them data...which I've tried to do...and it's a real hassle!!!!
2017-6-27
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi, I think it is better to let DJI give you a satisfying answer. But personally, IMO, I think they did not admit it because it is not a all-Spark issue. For me, I am using Android Motorola Nexus 6 and Quickshots work perferly for me. I can even choose the distance for Dronie, Helix and Rocket. Therefore, it is acceptable for them to "not" admit this as their fault.
And I am not having any special Spark,,bought from a distributor in my country (Basic pack).
2017-6-27
Use props
fansd2b11e6f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-6-27 18:42
Hi, I think it is better to let DJI give you a satisfying answer. But personally, IMO, I think they did not admit it because it is not a all-Spark issue. For me, I am using Android Motorola Nexus 6 and Quickshots work perferly for me. I can even choose the distance for Dronie, Helix and Rocket. Therefore, it is acceptable for them to "not" admit this as their fault.
And I am not having any special Spark,,bought from a distributor in my country (Basic pack).

How do you select the distance for Dronie, Helix and Rocket? I'm not seeing these options in my iPhone 6 Plus and S8+
2017-6-27
Use props
fans3c3673db
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

After you tap Quickshot and box your target, you tap the Dronie, Helix, or Rocket icon...tap again and you get a distance scale you can adjust.
2017-6-27
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

fansd2b11e6f Posted at 2017-6-27 22:17
How do you select the distance for Dronie, Helix and Rocket? I'm not seeing these options in my iPhone 6 Plus and S8+

Please see my post about that here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-101727-1-3.html
2017-6-27
Use props
fansd2b11e6f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-6-27 23:14
Please see my post about that here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-101727-1-3.html

Thanks! This really helps a lot
2017-6-28
Use props
Interloper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251824 ft
United Kingdom

Except you were also experiencing the issue and you found a 'work around' so you are not a good example of someone without problems.
2017-6-28
Use props
fans46eed1c2
lvl.1
United States

Interloper Posted at 2017-6-28 05:44
Except you were also experiencing the issue and you found a 'work around' so you are not a good example of someone without problems.

Still having the same issue with my Spark and an iPhone 6S Plus.
No altitude on Dronies, and it ignores whatever distance I set on the Dronie.
Helix and Circle are unusable as well.

2017-6-28
Use props
fans375cc1d1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294619 ft
United States

fans46eed1c2 Posted at 2017-6-28 07:46
Still having the same issue with my Spark and an iPhone 6S Plus.
No altitude on Dronies, and it ignores whatever distance I set on the Dronie.
Helix and Circle are unusable as well.

I have the same issue - Dronie does not fly upwards, circle loses tracking at halfway point and confuses other objects.  Rocket works OK - Helix drifts backwards and sideways.  These are supposed to be the "key" features of the Spark and 75% of them don't work!  Need a fix quick!
I am very pleased with the altitude override feature allowing a 500m vertical climb!  Pictures are clear and video is good.  just need to fix the quikshot issues
2017-6-28
Use props
fans198a5a3e
lvl.1

United States

When I do a QuickShot, it just flies backward, not up.  When I tried "Rocket" it went up and a little backwards eventually lost track of me as it moved.
2017-7-3
Use props
OwlPic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

My QuickShot, covers my screen with a video of the four choices and locks me out until it's ready to respond to STOP.
OR
It puts up Chinese characters and ask: "cancel" or "ok" in English. Either answer just ejects me out of QuickShot.
2017-7-3
Use props
J.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 172562 ft
United States

Please DJI, we need a software update asap to fix quick shots.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans0d5dbb98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302 ft
Australia

Mine does the same, DJI support tells me it's the motherboard and that I should send it for repair.
2017-8-8
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

J.G Posted at 2017-7-12 11:26
Please DJI, we need a software update asap to fix quick shots.

I don't think it is firmware-related issue because my quickshots is doing correctly.
2017-8-8
Use props
MaikR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322087 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Haven't had any problem with the quickshots yet. Could it be the problem is in all the first Spark series? Think mine is from the second batch (from a retailer, not dji shop).
2017-8-8
Use props
DNA_lor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86204 ft
United States

Have the same issue as everyone described in details:
- Dronie does not fly upwards, circle loses tracking at halfway point and confuses other objects.  Rocket works OK - Helix drifts backwards and sideways.  These are supposed to be the "key" features of the Spark and 75% of them don't work!  Need a fix quick!

Did the new firmware help/fix any of these issues? I haven't tried the circle and helix yet due to raining season in my area, but tried Dronie and the issue still exist.
2017-8-9
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

DNA_lor Posted at 2017-8-9 07:34
Have the same issue as everyone described in details:
- Dronie does not fly upwards, circle loses tracking at halfway point and confuses other objects.  Rocket works OK - Helix drifts backwards and sideways.  These are supposed to be the "key" features of the Spark and 75% of them don't work!  Need a fix quick!

While yes these are all gimmicky add on features .. it is in fact how they are trying to sell the spark and most of them don’t work very well,   I tried active track and it couldn’t follow my ATV in a field.. my red atv in a field of mostly green on a sunny day..  it gave up after all of 20 seconds of slow creeping.. it did chase a bird though then gave up on that as well..  
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules