Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
3319 6 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheMann00
New
Flight distance : 283127 ft
United States

Phone support told me today that my phone is "not recommended"

?!

The Note 5 is hardly a super old or even too new to justify this.

My issue is CONSTANT disconnects of the phone and remote. Video and telemetry drop. Then it comes back. I can't even get it to complete firmware updates a lot of the time.

I have "fixed" this issue with my own USB cable, plugged into the port under the controller- but this causes the cable to verify sticking out into my left palm.

Dji is sending me a new official cable, but wanted to see if others are having the same issue... Or why the Note 5 isn't supported (and when it will be!)
2017-6-28
Use props
Air5757
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87552 ft
United States

Try turning phone display resolution to a lower setting.
2017-6-28
Use props
TheMann00
New
Flight distance : 283127 ft
United States

Air5757 Posted at 2017-6-28 05:35
Try turning phone display resolution to a lower setting.

Wasn't even aware of a resolution setting on phones. I'll look into that- and try it out.  However, I'd point out that it's nearly flawless with my own USB cable, that doesn't go into the side USB-C port.
2017-6-30
Use props
Erick705
lvl.1

Canada

TheMann00 Posted at 2017-6-30 09:07
Wasn't even aware of a resolution setting on phones. I'll look into that- and try it out.  However, I'd point out that it's nearly flawless with my own USB cable, that doesn't go into the side USB-C port.

Did you get the Nougat update for your phone OS?  Just make sure it's up to date.
2017-6-30
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Using a Note 5 here with zero issues.
2017-6-30
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

I enjoyed my Note5 (T-mobile) for almost two years.! One day  two month after Marshmellow update It bricked
that and the Note7  debackle were they just turned off the 7's that were not turned in I washed my hand of the $700-$800 Samsung phone BS
Now I carry a ZTE  Axzon7
This is my best phone ever  smaller then the Note5  Still it is super handy for every task at hand
Taken ZTE axon7

the crew

the crew
2017-7-1
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Even if your device is supported, eventually you will get problems with the app. If you are still on Android 6, stay there and don't update to 7, my problems started after updating (and yes my device is supported!). Tried everything possible to prevent the app for crashing: airplane-mode, deleting all flight records, switching off local caching of video/audio and all things you can read about on this forum. Nothing helped and app keeps crashing. Seems they have no priority to fix this problem...
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules