Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Operations Manual
1234Next >
20746 157 2015-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

For those of you who are completing your Ops manual for the CAA certification, how are you fairing with some of the speicifcations. GPS, IMU serial No.s etc.. C ratings on the batteries. Some of this infomation is not readily available. Did you just put N/A?
2015-3-17
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Does anyone have any input on this?
2015-3-17
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

lethbrp Posted at 2015-3-17 19:50
Does anyone have any input on this?

lethbrp,

If you send me your email I will give you a copy of what I have submitted for the Inspire

Are you going through EuroUSC or Resource etc.

2015-3-17
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-18 04:45
lethbrp,

If you send me your email I will give you a copy of what I have submitted for the Inspir ...

Hi GB44

I don't see how I can PM you from the forum. Yes, I'm going through EuroUSC.

Regards

2015-3-17
Use props
stevenstringer
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi GB44  

I am just filling out my op's manual for Uk Permission to work and having trouble finding all the info for the         Aircraft Technical Specifications. can see you it has been discussed before in this thread, it would be a great help if you could give me some advice on what to put for the Dji Inspire.
Thanks in advance

Steve
2015-4-21
Use props
LAM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181860 ft
United Kingdom

Hi lethbrp

i am currently  at the same point trying to find stuff and having the same problems i think n/a will be in a lot of the blank spaces.
i did my course thru eurousc. let us no how you get on.
Ian
2015-4-21
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LAM Posted at 2015-4-21 22:58
Hi lethbrp

i am currently  at the same point trying to find stuff and having the same problems i th ...

let me know your email address and I'll send you the tech section.
2015-4-21
Use props
LAM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181860 ft
United Kingdom

lethbrp Posted at 2015-4-21 23:10

ianlewis123@btinternet.com

cheers lethbrp dont no how to pm on this
2015-4-21
Use props
DaveM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23035 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also did my course with EuroUSC, would love the tech section if possible lethbrp
also can not seem to work out sending a PM, even though it says I have permission

dave@kiteweekenders.com

2015-4-21
Use props
Tony Tronic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

As above.
If somebody could send me a copy too, it would be great.
tonytronic@gmx.com

Many thanks.
2015-4-21
Use props
timbacct
lvl.1
Flight distance : 683809 ft
United Kingdom

lethbrp,

If you send me your email I will give you a copy of what I have submitted for the Inspir ...

Hi GB44,

I am going through EuroUSC in 10 days and want to get up and running asap.  I have an event booked for the end of June so need to get on with it.  Would it be possible to get hold of a copy of whatever you are prepared to share?

Thanks

Tim

timbaker at tcbconsulting.com
2015-5-2
Use props
gbh255
lvl.1

United Kingdom

lethbrp Posted at 2015-4-21 23:10

If you are able to send me a copy I would love to check if I am on the right track with what I've been finding. Thanks

gbh255@googlemail.com
2015-5-26
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

To All,

List teh specific queries you have in relation to your Ops Manuals and I will endeavour to answer and help where I can.
2015-5-27
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

Tim, I think you might be pushing it a bit with an event booked end of June - CAA can apparently take several months just to review and approve the ops manual after submission.

I too would be interested in the tech data you guys have submitted if possible. Thanks!

Uav at siliconpixel dot com
2015-5-27
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-28 02:41
To All,

List teh specific queries you have in relation to your Ops Manuals and I will endeavour to  ...

Thanks GB44

Is there a place in the app that provides most of the serial number info etc?
2015-5-27
Use props
tim.durham00
lvl.1

United Kingdom

HI Guys

I am in the same boat, looking to get my manual done as soon as possible. Does anyone know how you can download the Pilot and Aircraft Log into a spreadsheet from the Pilot Ap? My email is tim.durham00@gmail.com and I would certainly love to see another ops manual before I submit mine as I am literally flying in the dark!
2015-5-28
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bubo_bubo Posted at 2015-5-28 05:24
Thanks GB44

Is there a place in the app that provides most of the serial number info etc?

Your Aircraft Serial number is on the case label it came with.  There is also another serial number in the app if you click on the aircraft picture within the User Account.

I peeled the label off the cardboard carton the case was shipped in, which is the same as the label on the case itself.

I provided both serial numbers for the Aircraft as part of the Ops Manual Specifications.

2015-5-28
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

tim.durham00 Posted at 2015-5-28 18:50
HI Guys

I am in the same boat, looking to get my manual done as soon as possible. Does anyone know  ...

Who are you doing your training with.  Is it EuroUSC  or someone else ?
2015-5-28
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LAM Posted at 2015-4-21 22:58
Hi lethbrp

i am currently  at the same point trying to find stuff and having the same problems i th ...

If you send me your email, I will send you a copy of the specs I have in my Ops Manual
2015-5-28
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-29 03:15
If you send me your email, I will send you a copy of the specs I have in my Ops Manual

Hi GB44.  Is it possible you could send me a copy of the specs also.  I am doing the BNUC-S with EUROUSC too.  My mail is    maccer228@aol.com

Many thanks in advance.

Jason
2015-5-28
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-29 03:06
Your Aircraft Serial number is on the case label it came with.  There is also another serial numbe ...

Great thanks, thats very helpful.

I know I put that sticker on the case somewhere haahaa!!

Going to ask another question about uk flying but think I will start a new thread...
2015-5-28
Use props
tim.durham00
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi GB44

I am doing mine with Euro USC.

Kind regards

Tim
2015-5-29
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

tim.durham00 Posted at 2015-5-29 16:05
Hi GB44

I am doing mine with Euro USC.

If your doing it with EuroUSC, they will provide you with a generic template for your Ops Manual.

I would suggest that you simply use their template as I submitted my own version that I got from a different source and they didn't like it.  It contained all the same information, but just not in the format they like, so I had to re-write my Ops Manual using their template.

If you haven't received their template yet you will once you book your practical flight test/ exam.

Once you start completing the Ops Manual, if you have any queries on what to put in the specs section or elsewhere let me know.
2015-5-29
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ph02on Posted at 2015-5-29 03:23
Hi GB44.  Is it possible you could send me a copy of the specs also.  I am doing the BNUC-S with E ...

Let me know what specific questions you are struggling with.
2015-5-29
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-29 21:07
Let me know what specific questions you are struggling with.

Hi GB44.  I have my part one theory in 2 weeks time.  I have literally received the ops manual template from them today so I will attempt to populate it myself first.

If I get stuck, I will ask for some help.  Many thanks for the kind offer.  It is much appreciated.
Kind regards.

Jason
2015-5-29
Use props
marina
New

Italy

lethbrp,

Hi GB44 can you send it to me too please? my email is marina.zonno@alice.it
thank you very much
2015-5-31
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

marina Posted at 2015-5-31 22:45
Hi GB44 can you send it to me too please? my email is
thank you very much

What specifically are you stuck on and who are you doing your training with.  If its EuroUSC you will get a template from them.

If you are stuck on a particular spec entry within your Ops Manual, just ask or highlight specifics here on the forum.  
2015-5-31
Use props
gbh255
lvl.1

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-31 23:25
What specifically are you stuck on and who are you doing your training with.  If its EuroUSC you w ...

Hey,

I'm unsure about what exactly to put for a few things or if they are fully relevent to this system, if you could advise on any of it that would be great thanks.

Firstly what is the Flight Control System? and the Power Supply for it?
GPS Unit?
Inertial Measuring Unit?
Transmitter Make and Model?
Receiver Make and Model?
Aircraft Control Frequency and Power?
Ground Station Link Make and Model?
2015-6-5
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gbh255 Posted at 2015-6-5 18:45
Hey,

I'm unsure about what exactly to put for a few things or if they are fully relevent to this  ...

This is what I submitted:

Fight Control System :  DJI - A@ Variant
Flight Control Power Supply :   Main flight battery
GPS Unit :  DJI
Inertial Measuring Unit : N/A
Transmitter Make and Model : DJI - model C1
Receiver Make and Model : DJI
Aircraft Control Frequency and Power : 2.400GHz~2.483GHz - 100mW (20dBm@2.4G)
Ground Station Link Make and Model :  DJI
Ground Station Make and Model : Apple iPad Mini
Ground Station Serial Number : iPad serial number : .............

I trust this helps
2015-6-5
Use props
gbh255
lvl.1

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-5 20:02
This is what I submitted:

Fight Control System :  DJI - A@ Variant

Cheers thats a great help.

How detailed did you get in the abbreviations? Like do you need to put everything such as kg - Kilograms, mAh - Milliamps Hour etc?
2015-6-5
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gbh255 Posted at 2015-6-5 21:25
Cheers thats a great help.

How detailed did you get in the abbreviations? Like do you need to put ...

Yes.

What ever the abbreviation is you need to explain what that is.  e.g.
CAA - Civil Aviation Authority
MTOM - Maximum Take Off Mass
2015-6-5
Use props
gbh255
lvl.1

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-5 22:40
Yes.

What ever the abbreviation is you need to explain what that is.  e.g.

I think I'm almost finished my Ops Manual (for first review anyway) however I'm coming up stuck on the battery checker. It mentions the Fusion one, does this work with the Inteligent Flight Batteries?
If not what sort of solution/ device have you got?
2015-6-9
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

Ph02on Posted at 2015-5-29 21:11
Hi GB44.  I have my part one theory in 2 weeks time.  I have literally received the ops manual tem ...

Jason - what course are you on? I'm on the Bristol course tomorrow (10-11 June).

Cheers,

Paul.
2015-6-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gbh255 Posted at 2015-6-9 17:06
I think I'm almost finished my Ops Manual (for first review anyway) however I'm coming up stuck on ...

What is the exact question regarding battery checker.  I don't recall this.

I am not aware of any battery checker for the Inspire batteries as this is done within the App or by pressing the battery button for an approximate charge level.

The simplest way is to say battery levels will be monitored continuously in flight using the iOS App, onboard aircraft battery indicators, led and audio notifications, with battery % levels and residual charge following flights recorded in respective battery charge logbook.

Let me know the exact question or issue you are trying to address if the above doesn't answer your issue.
2015-6-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ph02on Posted at 2015-5-29 21:11
Hi GB44.  I have my part one theory in 2 weeks time.  I have literally received the ops manual tem ...

Jason,

How you getting on with your Ops Manual ??  Any questions ?
2015-6-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gbh255 Posted at 2015-6-9 17:06
I think I'm almost finished my Ops Manual (for first review anyway) however I'm coming up stuck on ...

GBH255,

Further to my last post, the Fusion battery checker is for other types of rechargeable batteries such as checking batteries within Futaba controllers and other aircraft or rechargeable batteries.  Not suitable for the DJI Inspire batteries.

This sounds like it has been left in your template by mistake or is simply a generic statement that can be edited out of your Ops Manual as it is not required for the Inspire.
2015-6-9
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Pgale Posted at 2015-6-9 18:04
Jason - what course are you on? I'm on the Bristol course tomorrow (10-11 June).

Cheers,

Hi Paul.  I am on the Bristol course as well.  I guess I will see / meet you tomorrow

Jason
2015-6-9
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-9 18:42
Jason,

How you getting on with your Ops Manual ??  Any questions ?

Hi GB.  I am slowly working my way through it.  Just saw your previous post regarding some specs on the IMU and GPS details, Just what I was looking for.  Would you happen to know any details about the flight controllers power supply?

One other area of confusion is regarding third party liability insurance.  Now currently I have third party insurance for leisure purposes only through the BMFA.  I understand that I must eventually get commercial third party cover, but I was hoping to hold off until I receive my PFAW as it would be wasted money.  Can it be done this way around or must I get commercial cover before I submit the ops manual?  If I do need to get cover, could you recommend a good insurer and what kind of premiums should I expect to pay?

Many thanks to you.

Jason
2015-6-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ph02on Posted at 2015-6-9 21:16
Hi GB.  I am slowly working my way through it.  I am a little stuck with specific details of the f ...

Jason,\

Spec info as follows:

Flight Control System         =  DJI - A2 Variant
Flight Control Serial Number =        DJI -  (None available for Inspire)
Flight Control Power Supply  =        Main flight battery
GPS Unit  =  DJI
GPS Unit Serial Number  =  N/A
Inertial Measuring Unit  =  N/A
IMU Serial Number  =        N/A
Telemetry Link Make and Model  =  DJI  ios App version 1.1.2
Telemetry Link Frequency and Power  =        DJI - 5.8Ghz  25mW

I trust the above helps.

2015-6-9
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

For all you guys seeking to take your commercial flight tests and submitting your Ops Manual to the CAA in the UK,  please note the CAA is currently behind on commercial applications.  It is therefore likely that the time frame for approvals will extend beyond the 28 days advised by EuroUSC and more likely be more than 30 days to process (no specific time frames confirmed).  So don't be agreeing any commercial work until you know you have your CAA approval.  You don't want to jeopardise your application before you get the approval.
2015-6-9
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules