Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Update Issue
732 5 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Today I updated my Inspire 2, controller and batteries. The update went fine so I took a short flight outside. Before the flight I took a look at the sensors. I noticed that ACC0 was in the yellow which I thought was strange because they all have always been the green. A few minutes into the flight, I received two errors (see image below) and the craft started to drift a little. This only lasted about 15 seconds and then everything went back to normal. I have had the Inspire 2 since February and have never had any errors like this since before updating to this latest firmware. Any ideas?  
IMG_1704.jpg

I did do an IMU Calibration and it did solve the ACC0 issue bringing it back in the very low green area. I took another short flight and was swithing back in forth from ATTI and P-GPS modes to see it would cause any errors. I did see one but not sure it the error is normal when switching like that. Screen shot below.

IMG_1705.jpg

Thanks for any help,

Tom
2017-6-28
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Tom.

After every update you should always carry out a IMU calibration and companies calibration it's something I have always done on all of my DJI platforms it's quite straightforward to do.

Tony
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The compass is very sensitive to electromagnetic interference, which can cause abnormal compass data leading to poor flight performance or even failure. Please calibrate compass as Arrow1969 suggested and stay away from device with strong magnetic interference.
2017-6-29
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you both for your replies. In the past I never did IMU calibration after updating firmware and never had any problems. When ever I do an update I always do  test flight in the same place and which is right in my backyard. I first hover about 15 feet off the ground for about 5 minutes. I then go to about 100 feet and do the same thing. Then fly a slow circle pattern. I do my test flight there because I have never had any issues with electromagnetic interference. No where in the any of DJI information does it say to recalibrate the compass or IMU after updating. As a matter of fact I believe it says only calibrate the compass when the app says to do so. Also, can the IMU problem I described in my first post cause what I experienced happen? If so, then why doesn't the app ask to do a IMU calibration if ACC0 is in the yellow?

Best regards,
Tom  
2017-7-1
Use props
raven4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

You may want to monitor this website... http://www.theusner.eu/terra/aurora/kp.php
They track solar sunspots, which can seriously affect your connections.
2017-7-1
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It's just a crap app update...not sun spots

DJI...FIX IT
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now