Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
glitchy video and video recording stops on its own
1358 15 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd138dd23
lvl.1
United States

I will begin with saying i have crashed this drone twice, although it still flies good.. gotta say im very impressed witht the durability after what its gone through. so, my problem is that one, when i record video sometimes its takes a little time before it begins to record after i pushed the button and it stops recording on its own. in addition, when i go back home to watch what i recorded, sometimes its glitchy and cuts in and out when i rewatch it although it seemed fine when i was recording it. is there any easy way to fix this issue?
2017-6-28
Use props
Dave_W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 311263 ft
Australia

What speed SD card are you using? Sounds like it is not quick enough.
2017-6-28
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I too am having odd occasions when my LITCHI autostarts the recording ... but then stops for no reason.

Yesterday - it was particularly bad - I had terrible video lag and stoppages on my tablet ... with video switching on / off ...

I tried GO and that was OK .. but I find GO video lags compared to LITCHI ...

It seems to happen on a second or third flight - not first, as if SD card is full ... but it cannot be as its a 32Gb and high speed card more than capable of P3 work.

Nigel
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Are you using the original SD card of the drone? Please backup the images and videos first, then format the SD card via APP, see if it helps?
2017-6-30
Use props
Hoomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

I was having the same problem with the video recording starting and stopping randomly when I was using the 32Gb SD card, even though the card had worked fine on previous occasions. As soon as I switched back to the 8Gb card that came with the Phantom, it worked fine.

I ended up ordering a second 8Gb micro SD card, and have not had any more problems with random recording starts/stops.
2017-6-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hoomi Posted at 2017-6-30 15:55
I was having the same problem with the video recording starting and stopping randomly when I was using the 32Gb SD card, even though the card had worked fine on previous occasions. As soon as I switched back to the 8Gb card that came with the Phantom, it worked fine.

I ended up ordering a second 8Gb micro SD card, and have not had any more problems with random recording starts/stops.

Often the simple solution is to copy off the SD card any material you want to keep, then format the card in the aircraft using the provided utility. DJI tend to fill the card up with lots of hidden files.
2017-6-30
Use props
fansd138dd23
lvl.1
United States

I was using a 16gb sandisk ultra plus sd card. I have just put the original sd card back in to see if that fixes anything. I didn't have these kinds of problems prior to my crashes with the drone so that makes me think the crashes created some error with the software..or is that even possible? it just amazes me that everything works fine except for the recorded video and the control of the recording.
2017-6-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansd138dd23 Posted at 2017-6-30 16:43
I was using a 16gb sandisk ultra plus sd card. I have just put the original sd card back in to see if that fixes anything. I didn't have these kinds of problems prior to my crashes with the drone so that makes me think the crashes created some error with the software..or is that even possible? it just amazes me that everything works fine except for the recorded video and the control of the recording.

' it just amazes me that everything works fine except for the recorded video and the control of the recording.'

Nothing unusual about it. Did you read what I wrote? If you do not regularly format the SD card in the Go App, the aircraft will fill the card with lots of hidden files. This, plus copying/deleting files can cause mild fragmentation of the card. Formatting fixes it.
2017-6-30
Use props
fansd138dd23
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-30 18:37
' it just amazes me that everything works fine except for the recorded video and the control of the recording.'

Nothing unusual about it. Did you read what I wrote? If you do not regularly format the SD card in the Go App, the aircraft will fill the card with lots of hidden files. This, plus copying/deleting files can cause mild fragmentation of the card. Formatting fixes it.

how do I go about formatting the sd card? where in the app do I do this?
2017-6-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansd138dd23 Posted at 2017-6-30 19:46
how do I go about formatting the sd card? where in the app do I do this?

It varies to some degree between versions of the app, but in the version I have, you go across to the camera menu, select the wrench icon and it is under that.
2017-6-30
Use props
fansd138dd23
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-30 20:56
It varies to some degree between versions of the app, but in the version I have, you go across to the camera menu, select the wrench icon and it is under that.

I figured it out and tested the new formatting. it seems to have improved the control of the recording. Ill have to watch the videos Ive taken to see if there is any glitch. thanks!
2017-6-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansd138dd23 Posted at 2017-6-30 21:13
I figured it out and tested the new formatting. it seems to have improved the control of the recording. Ill have to watch the videos Ive taken to see if there is any glitch. thanks!

The important thing to remember is that formatting erases everything on the card, so you need to make sure you have copied off anything you want to keep.

When you say it is glitching, are you watching the video on your phone or tablet? The only real copy is on the SD card in the aircraft, the one on the phone will often glitch. But it can also be that your device, be it a computer or whatever, is not fast enough to play the video back properly.

2017-6-30
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-30 21:52
The important thing to remember is that formatting erases everything on the card, so you need to make sure you have copied off anything you want to keep.

When you say it is glitching, are you watching the video on your phone or tablet? The only real copy is on the SD card in the aircraft, the one on the phone will often glitch. But it can also be that your device, be it a computer or whatever, is not fast enough to play the video back properly.

Second that ....

I personally like to keep the FW bin file and txt file associated with it ... if I format the card - I put those back on. Why ? a) the FW file makes sure that any new battery is updated without my needing ti download etc., b) I like the txt files record of FW / update it has.

Formatting of the card can be done on the AC or on a PC / Mac .. as long as the PC or Mac are formatting to FAT32 or EXFAT.

Nigel
2017-7-1
Use props
fansd138dd23
lvl.1
United States

it is glitchy when I'm watching the footage on my computer. say I took 30 seconds of video. 3/4 of it could be fine and then at some point it goes all hysteric. it varies. often too, I couldn't have recorded a, lets say 25 second video but when I go home to watch it on the computer it really only recorded 9 seconds.
2017-7-1
Use props
Steve-76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

Hoomi Posted at 2017-6-30 15:55

it may be dirty contacts on 32gb try a pencel eraser on the contacts
2017-7-5
Use props
The Committee L
lvl.1
United States

Are you watching what you have recorded on a laptop or just on the dji app? It often cuts like that for me on the app but when I look at it on the computer it is always very nice. And I would also like to add that the drones are very durable in my opinion.
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules