My Meadow Green Arrived.
1139 17 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HTWEELZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 141549 ft
United States

I absolutely love it so far!  It's my first drone and the kids and I are excited to see what kind of videos we can make.

The only thing that I tried and didn't seem to work was the RTH.  It would not come back to the place where I started it would just land straight down wherever I was flying.  Am I doing something wrong?  I let the Spark automatically set it and then I set it manually but it did the same thing.

Anyway here is a quick video of my unboxing and first flights.  Thanks for watching.

2017-6-29
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I've been told the Spark has to be 20m or more away from the home point in order to come back, otherwise it just lands where it is.
2017-6-29
Use props
HTWEELZ
lvl.4
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-29 04:03
I've been told the Spark has to be 20m or more away from the home point in order to come back, otherwise it just lands where it is.

Thanks for the reply!  That does make sense and was probably the problem.  First time flying I wasn't really going far as you can see in the video.  

I will try to fly it farther tonight and see what happens.
2017-6-29
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thought it would be more of a Kawasaki green. Bit light for my liking but can't account for personal tastes. Cool drone though. Enjoy. Any initial issues at all ?
2017-6-29
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS - Lovely property setting and that BBQ is a beast.
2017-6-29
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

I would recommend to download the full manual and read it completely and understand it. Especially the RTH functions. It is nice to try out a new gadget and see what happens (I do that a lot myself), but with a drone certain things will really comfort you if you know what to expect will happen under different scenarios.
Happy flying!!
2017-6-29
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Nice, I really like the great colour actually
2017-6-29
Use props
HTWEELZ
lvl.4
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-6-29 05:01
Thought it would be more of a Kawasaki green. Bit light for my liking but can't account for personal tastes. Cool drone though. Enjoy. Any initial issues at all ?

I wasn't quite sure how it was going to look either.  My daughter and I both like green.  My wife has the green Jeep you can see in the video.  My Jeep is blue so I thought about getting the blue one but just liked the green better.

No real initial issues other than me just getting used to the controls etc.  I've watched a lot of videos on setting up the Spark to get ready to fly so that really helped a lot.

Thanks!  Yeah I keep the BBQ in the garage.  Living close to the woods we always have critters building nests in our BBQs over the winter.  I bought this nice one a couple years ago and didn't want it getting ruined.  LOL!
2017-6-29
Use props
HTWEELZ
lvl.4
United States

TheFlyingDutchm Posted at 2017-6-29 05:07
I would recommend to download the full manual and read it completely and understand it. Especially the RTH functions. It is nice to try out a new gadget and see what happens (I do that a lot myself), but with a drone certain things will really comfort you if you know what to expect will happen under different scenarios.
Happy flying!!

I agree.  I will do that.  The manuals that came with the drone itself don't really go in depth about anything.

Thanks for the advice.
2017-6-29
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

Nice video now i have to hope ill get mine before my trip Have Fun
2017-6-29
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Practice and practice some more. You soon get used to how and where you fly, sometimes with a little scare to remind you for later. It amuses me when people get twitchy flying over water....Have confidence in the technology. Can't wait for mine and hopefully it arrives before our trip to Lanzarote - ordered yesterday. Looking forward to flying over the volcanic rocks and coastline.
2017-6-29
Use props
HTWEELZ
lvl.4
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-6-29 21:59
Practice and practice some more. You soon get used to how and where you fly, sometimes with a little scare to remind you for later. It amuses me when people get twitchy flying over water....Have confidence in the technology. Can't wait for mine and hopefully it arrives before our trip to Lanzarote - ordered yesterday. Looking forward to flying over the volcanic rocks and coastline.

Practice for sure.  Every night when I get home from work I've been just flying around getting used to it.  I go through both batteries.  Last night I was trying some of the quickshots (dronie and rocket) and active tracking.

It was pretty windy yesterday at my house but it did well.  I got it up to about 150 ft and it gave me a wind warning and I could hear it struggling so I brought it back down.  

The technology in that little guy is amazing.
2017-6-30
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the world of drones!
2017-6-30
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It sure seems to handle the wind quite well. There's a guy posted a vid with a heavy duty leaf blower, testing both the Mavic and the Spark. For something so small it does well. Seen a few vids from lanzarote and Canaries too where it can be quite breezy and they look cool. Just hope mine comes in time. Off out with the Phantom this morning as nice flying morning before all the people get up.
2017-6-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice one keep it up
2018-6-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice vid      
2018-6-16
Use props
Bender1031
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209938 ft
United States

Isn't the spark awesome!!??  I just got mine too about a week ago... so much fun!
For your RTH question, I suggest you watch this video from Kloo Gee

2018-6-16
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now