Which Spark Case?
5378 34 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd00c2953
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33140 ft
United Kingdom

I am a bit disappointed with the Spark bag that comes with the fly more bundle. I was expecting the foam box that the drone comes in to fit in the bag, it doesn't!!! This means you have to put the drone loose in the bag. Not ideal really.

Has anyone bought a case yet? Looking for one I can put everything in and then put in a rucksack really.

2017-6-29
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I'm pleased with the bag that comes in the Fly More package.  It protects the spark rather well IMO. It fits everything but yet it is small enough to be conveniently mobile to carry around.  I can even throw it into the saddle bag of my motorcycle. Anything else would be too bulky and be less likely to be carried around to have on hand for an impromptu flight.
2017-6-29
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find the Fly More case to work fine for me
2017-6-29
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I personally like the included case, This looks like a nice case though: http://amzn.to/2sVxPYZ
2017-6-29
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Go Pro Case which has enough room for everything in my Spark arsenal.  Great news is they start shipping tomorrow.  $69.00 + shipping unless you can find it from a local dealer.

Hardside, water resistanant case that hold (4) spare batteries, the Spark and Battery, the remote, the charging brick and tray and spare props.  They've even left room for your phone.

My Mavic is hangered in one of these cases and I wanted the same case for my Spark.

They also have a smaller case - and I think it's $49.00 and it's:

Good Flying
2017-6-29
Use props
andym91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113166 ft
United States

I don't have an issue with the case, personally. Though I would like to have some way to protect the gimbal like on the Mavic. Something about it being all free and loose kinda bothers me lol
2017-6-29
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

I'd like a camera cover, only seen a 3D printed one on eBay that looks crude or one linked on here at $20 plus shipping to U.K. Need a nice soft one that won't damage the camera!
2017-6-29
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

This looks small http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-DJ ... 8ZVA2PJkz85FhHKSVpw
2017-6-29
Use props
fans3c3673db
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Where do you get the GoPro Case?   I keep searching and can't find them..only the GoPro store.
2017-6-29
Use props
Kardinal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260591 ft
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-29 08:55
I personally like the included case, This looks like a nice case though: http://amzn.to/2sVxPYZ

I just got one.  So far, not impressed.  Its not really a "hard case"  top is "not hard" without any foam protection. It's not soft either but it flexes a lot.

and while it is better than a normal soft case, its not very rigid meaning if you put your palm down on top of the case, you will likely here a crunch of the propeller blades breaking especially if you put something in the mesh compartment on top.   

I also don't see how its waterproof but I haven't tested it out yet.  The zipper seems like just a normal zipper but I could be wrong here.  I was hoping to buy a rigid case and this case is NOT that.  In terms of protecting the spark, the hard foam case it came with does a better job in my opinion.

For the price, its not a bad case.  But its not very rigid and I highly doubt its waterproof.  Maybe water resistant.

I plan on taking it out on the water kayaking so I think I will just by a pelican type case and cut out the foam inserts myself.  The gopro one seems more like what I was looking for.  

2017-6-29
Use props
fans1e71c6dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Ireland

Problem with the bag is the gimbal really isn't protected that we'll.
2017-6-29
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Kardinal Posted at 2017-6-29 11:46
I just got one.  So far, not impressed.  Its not really a "hard case"  top is "not hard" without any foam protection. It's not soft either but it flexes a lot.

and while it is better than a normal soft case, its not very rigid meaning if you put your palm down on top of the case, you will likely here a crunch of the propeller blades breaking especially if you put something in the mesh compartment on top.   

Thanks for letting me know your opinions, I was planning to order this however won't and will wait for a case from incase since I have a Mavic case by them and its perfect... can't find the link to the incase one I have however its much like this http://amzn.to/2srDUbZ

I wish there was a gimbal gaurd available online, however i cant find one anywhere, as i feel like with the spark in the bag is not secure properlly
2017-6-29
Use props
futurballa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United States

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-6-29 11:36
Where do you get the GoPro Case?   I keep searching and can't find them..only the GoPro store.

I found it. It's not actually from GoPro, it's a company called Go Professional.    http://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-spark-1.html
2017-6-29
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Wow :] who buy a selfie pocket drone to cary it in a MILITARY class waterproof case
2017-6-29
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

futurballa Posted at 2017-6-29 13:13
I found it. It's not actually from GoPro, it's a company called Go Professional.    http://goprofessionalcases.com/dji-spark-1.html

WTF...so much for portability.
2017-6-29
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-29 12:12
I wish there was a gimbal gaurd available online, however i cant find one anywhere, as i feel like with the spark in the bag is not secure properlly

Here is a multi-purpose gimbal guard a friend shared with me.  I don't feel the need for it but you may find it beneficial.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=h ... vAoyvYFBbtwalu4VeWb
2017-6-29
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

Szwedu Posted at 2017-6-29 13:29
Wow :] who buy a selfie pocket drone to cary it in a MILITARY class waterproof case

That would be me.  My Spark will reside in the hatch of my car so it's always there and available.
2017-6-29
Use props
fans3c3673db
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Yeah, me too...the go professional case will protect it in transport (truck bed or trunk)...I do like the case it came with for once I get there...holds just enough...don't need the charger or power pack...barely enough room for prop guards in front pocket.
2017-6-29
Use props
Kardinal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260591 ft
United States

Tough case doesnt need to be a big case.  Like others, I want to pack it in my vehicle so its always with me.  I need it to be waterproof as I plan to use the spark to capture video of fishing, specifically off my kayak.  
2017-7-1
Use props
NewGramps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115112 ft
United States

I got a Pelican 1500 and stuffed everything into it.
2017-7-8
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

There are a few other options out there for the DJI Spark case, i've noticed quite a few are just the same model rebranded but they seem to get good reviews on amazon. I found an article about some good cases for the DJI Spark.
The Polar Pro does seem pretty handy but i'm not too sure how much protection it will give the Spark. If you've got the fly more kit potentially the MC Cases professonal case? It's got loads of room for accessories and it also waterproof.

Hope this helped.
2017-7-19
Use props
PinePollen
New

United States

About case for GoPro i was suffering while choosing it =D but i can advice a good article with needed information and comparison of different models
2018-1-29
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I did a review of the Smatree D400 not long ago.

If im using a bag just for the spark I use the original FM bag (watch to the end, I show how everything fits in into the FM bag). If i want to transport or store i use the D400. For normal use I have a Kata bag that holds my mavic, spark, batteries, remotes, filters and everything else.
2018-1-29
Use props
"Maverick"1776
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22123 ft
United States

I personally like the the fly more bag because it fits what I need and is very small and portable. However, I would suggest using a propeller holder and gimbal cover for Spark, and joystick protector for controller when placing in bag.
2018-1-29
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

I got this one for home storage, but use the fly more bag when out.

https://www.thecasefarm.co.uk/sh ... ave-dji-spark-case/
2018-1-29
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

Mine

2018-1-29
Use props
AdamTheGreat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56991 ft
United States

I have this on my Amazon Wish List:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RF595N

712gAdhl8XL._SL1500_.jpg
2018-1-29
Use props
fansde510068
lvl.2
United States

I purchased a hard case off amazon($23). It’s obviously no Pelican Case but it is awesome to protect it during travel! I use the hard case to travel and switch to the provided fly more bag when I’m going on a walk or something of that nature. The shoulder strap is very nice for that.
2018-1-29
Use props
Cookster670
lvl.4
Australia

Another happy camper with the flymore bag.  It’s amazing just how much it fits in there.  (Spark, controller,  3 batteries, iphone plus, filters, cables, sunshade..etc)

I also have a gimbal cover and RC stick cover.

If I travel And need the charger, I jsut put everything in the bag and pack the drone in the orignal foam for the trip,.

I have seen other, more sturdy bags, but none at the size of the flymore bag
2018-1-29
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-29 13:40
Here is a multi-purpose gimbal guard a friend shared with me.  I don't feel the need for it but you may find it beneficial.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=h ... vAoyvYFBbtwalu4VeWb

Good grief...Spark Bondage.
2018-1-29
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Got myself the charging station and the bag for it.
You can fit this in any backpack you own and everything is locked into place.

Got in there: spark + 3 batteries (completely rechargeable on the go), remote controller with pgy stick protector, landing gear, nd4/8/16 polarized filters (under the landing gear between station and controller in self made foam tray), usb cable+otg

2018-1-29
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Honesty just buy one that serves its purpose. If you nobody cares about the quality of the case. So what if you have a $200 case. Who is goin to say” that’s a nice case” your grandma?
2018-1-29
Use props
djiuser_yxfdr03jCyHh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338222 ft
Canada

Nanuk 905. 85$ canadian.
IMG_20180123_181232_236.jpg
2018-1-29
Use props
djiuser_yxfdr03jCyHh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338222 ft
Canada

Gotta say I love my nanuk case
20180129_163244.jpg
2018-1-29
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Custom made GPC case.
Holds AC, 3 additional batteries and RC with Crystalsky attached.
Can you say Quick Deploy ?

P1000175.JPG
2018-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules