CHOPPY HD FEED TO IPAD MINI
2941 19 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MadImage BOI
lvl.1

United States

COME ON DJI!!!!   You know that we have a serious issue here with the HD feed  to our Ipads and moble screens !   its all after your latest and not to gratest update!!{:4_157:}

DO any of you so called smart DJI ppeople check this stuff before releasing it????  whats the deal GUYS????  Its always somthing and you always have your freaking head in teh samd liek a bunch of stupid  geeks !     FIX THIS DAMAIT !{:4_154:}
2017-6-29
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

More than likely there is no fix , it is just the GO APP requires a ton of processing power and you may ned to update to an I pad Pro for the best video .  I am not 100% sure this will solve the issue but if it came on right after the update then more than likely , this is the problem .
Choppy video is almost always the Go App device. UNLESS it  is also recorded to the SD card, then we would have another issue entirely .

I agree it is fustrating  because I am sure it worked fine in the past  ( the I pad mini )  but it wont keep up any longer , I have some tips you can't try but more than likely will just  need to update the go app device .  My recomendartion is an I pad Pro , standard size with 128 or 256   and GPS with cell . You do not need to activate the cell it is just coupled with the GPS.
Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

dont shoot the messenger !
Did you happen to try and rollback to the previous version of Firmware to see if that solves the issue ?

donnie

2017-6-30
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's  a glitch in the firmware as everyone has this issue.  I'm all up to date in all areas of firms. iOS and dji. I get it on phone and iPad.   DJI needs to look into this asap. Just tried to fly and I get it on my inspire pro and mavic.   Another friend with inspire is having the identical issues as well....... HEY DJI. CAN YOU HeAR US BITCHING?
2017-6-30
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Guys, you are not bitching, you have legit concern with thousand dollars of your investment in it.
2017-6-30
Use props
heath.cowart.gm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3893783 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having issues as well but it was happening even before the update. I called DJI and they told me to update the firmware first and that should improve the video signal.  I get green and black bars on master and Slave which are Ipad Air and Air 2.  I also have a Phantom which uses Go4 app and the video transmission as stable and trouble free.  I am trying to create a comprehensive list of things to check or do to remedy the problem including the 32 channel hack, changing USB cords, ect. I think creating a diagnostic process would be helpful for all of the people that have video feed problems.
2017-7-22
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I get the green and black bars on both the P4 and I2 with the discontinued AIr 2.  Air 2 may be too old now for latest GO 4.  Mini's will probably follow.

By Xmas, it may not even work if GO 4 becomes GO 5 if they don't slim its processing demands down.  Time for Pro model.
2017-7-22
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I surrendered a few months ago after hitting a tree due to video freeze and ordered a Crystal Sky.
Now, if they (DJI) would just ship the @^&&%$##* things, I'd be fine!!!
C'mon... I paid for that thing 3 months ago!! (Ultra bright 7.8")
2017-7-22
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110312 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Any apdate DJI Go or firmware wich fix image transmition issue???
DJI, this is not funny, always one problem, you work on new devices and old device you forgote
2017-10-3
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Tima_007 Posted at 2017-10-3 00:14
Any apdate DJI Go or firmware wich fix image transmition issue???
DJI, this is not funny, always one problem, you work on new devices and old device you forgote

Image transmission is almost always ( note the almost ) the cause of a slow processor on the Go app device .  If you can get hold of an I pad Pro for testing purposes , or something with at lest an A9 or A10 processor.  Older Go app devices can't keep up .

Keep in mind that computers DOUBLE in computing power about every 18 months or so .  Therefore sometimes as the code gets more complicated to get the full capacity out of the latest system  devices sometimes for the sake of progress older systems get left behind.  NOT saying it is right, it is just the way it is.

So best bet is to at least test a faster go app device and see if the problem remedies itself . Then at least you know where you stand and what you need to do.

Good luck

donnie
2017-10-3
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ukraine

Donnie * Posted at 2017-10-3 05:24
Image transmission is almost always ( note the almost ) the cause of a slow processor on the Go app device .  If you can get hold of an I pad Pro for testing purposes , or something with at lest an A9 or A10 processor.  Older Go app devices can't keep up .

Keep in mind that computers DOUBLE in computing power about every 18 months or so .  Therefore sometimes as the code gets more complicated to get the full capacity out of the latest system  devices sometimes for the sake of progress older systems get left behind.  NOT saying it is right, it is just the way it is.

Ok? one moment...
I have Inspire 1 PRO and always youse with ipad Air 2 and all whas good in firmware 1.9.0.3+
I have not fly my Inspire couple month and now i need  fly with him but i have a big issue with image transmition!!!

I have the same firmware, nothing update and big issue from nowher!  
This is noy in A9  or A10 processor becouse all woth good

I think the problem on DJI GO only!

2017-10-3
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Tima_007 Posted at 2017-10-3 06:24
Ok? one moment...
I have Inspire 1 PRO and always youse with ipad Air 2 and all whas good in firmware 1.9.0.3+
I have not fly my Inspire couple month and now i need  fly with him but i have a big issue with image transmition!!!

The I pad air 2 might not be enough with the latest FW update's.  As the matter of fact if it happened right after a firmware update then more than likely the I pad is not fast enough .

Try these tips also and like I say if you can get An I pad air PRO with the A-10 processor just for testing purposes and ten see if the issue goes away .

I usually hate to even mention that this ( getting a new faster I pad )  will solve the issue because I know it cost Money to upgrade the go app device but it usually solves Image transmission issues . I have seen this 50 times at least  and 45 out of 50 times the go app device was the issue  

*** If you did NOT update anything then look for clues in my tips page . Did you update the Go app by any chance ???   Make sure you are on compatible updates as well.  

If you can  go to the "about" tab of the go app and list all the firmware version and I will make sure they are compatible . Make sure the entire system is fired up to get all the Fw versions on the go app "about "Tab .

https://forum.dji.com/thread-64817-1-1.html

donnie

2017-10-3
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ukraine

Donnie * Posted at 2017-10-3 12:18
The I pad air 2 might not be enough with the latest FW update's.  As the matter of fact if it happened right after a firmware update then more than likely the I pad is not fast enough .

Try these tips also and like I say if you can get An I pad air PRO with the A-10 processor just for testing purposes and ten see if the issue goes away .

Did you read my post???
I told thet all whas good untill i update my go app on ipad air pro and at this time AC and RC still at old firmware!
RC and AC OLD firmware!!!

And for this time nothing halp and i have read your post/
Thank you

Teling that ipad air 2 not enought powerfull is insane!  All work good and then - whoala, ipad not enought powerfull!
2017-10-3
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Tima_007 Posted at 2017-10-3 12:30
Did you read my post???
I told thet all whas good untill i update my go app on ipad air pro and at this time AC and RC still at old firmware!

Tima 007- you ask me "Did You read My Post" ?????( I assume you mean post #10  or #8 ) You NEVER mentioned that you updated the Go app only.... as the matter of fact you say ...."I have the same firmware, nothing update and big issue from nowher!"  and you say that you are on old FirmWare, .

You are NOT on old FW  ( old Fw could be as old as version 1.2 ) if the "About" tab curretnly  says  1.9.0.3 +. The plus(+) sign indicates that the AC was updated but not yet confirmed by DJI servers .  If the AC was updated but NOT the RC transmitter it could cause  Image transmisssion problem as well.  That is why I mentioned to list the FW versions  from the "About" tab.
If the RC and AC are on compatible FW then once  again the issue goes back to the Go app device .  . ( however insane you may think it to be )
Now I understand you are frustarted , but lets try to solve the issue .

There  are MANY , MANY factors that can casue the Image transmission problems, I usually start with what has worked  in most cases and start there and work my way to more obscure things that may be causing  it . All I can do is tell you what works  and  give you clues on where to look , whether you take my advice or not is totally  up to you
****Below is a sample from old FW update on my system  the "About" tab  , can you please take a screen shot or list the FW versions .  This way we can see if it is a FW problem or indeed something perhaps with the Go app device.  

Good luck

donnie

about page 1.8.PNG
2017-10-5
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

If nothing else, it behooves DJI to provide an option on the Go4 App to turn certain features off to protect bandwidth. This would be a tacit admission, on DJI's part, that the Go4 App is too big for most iPads, but, it would sure make some people safer...and happier.
2017-10-5
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Tima_007 Posted at 2017-10-3 12:30
Did you read my post???

Would love to hear your response so we can get you back in the air.

donnie
2017-10-7
Use props
feethea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387940 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Repeating myself I know from another thread, maybe I'm being a bit cynical but as DJI are currently pushing the Crystal Sky monitors would it be too much to suggest that they have added a line of code to the latest firmware to slightly reduce image transmission on 'standard' tablets to persuade us to go for the dedicated Crystal Sky ones? Just a thought.
2017-10-9
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

feethea Posted at 2017-10-9 05:33
Repeating myself I know from another thread, maybe I'm being a bit cynical but as DJI are currently pushing the Crystal Sky monitors would it be too much to suggest that they have added a line of code to the latest firmware to slightly reduce image transmission on 'standard' tablets to persuade us to go for the dedicated Crystal Sky ones? Just a thought.

I don't think so .  I just think that many pilots are not properly updated to compatible FW on their system or are using an older Go app device that many have worked fine in the past but now just is not cutting it .  

MANY  members simply update without reading up on the proper sequence or expect older technology to work on a system that is always getting better and progressing .  If members do not wish to stay current they do have the option of staying put on the Fw and just need to make sure they do NOT auto Update anything .

So bottom line I don't think they are intentionally doing this to sell more crystal sky monitors.

donnie
2017-10-9
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-10-9 06:58
I don't think so .  I just think that many pilots are not properly updated to compatible FW on their system or are using an older Go app device that many have worked fine in the past but now just is not cutting it .  

MANY  members simply update without reading up on the proper sequence or expect older technology to work on a system that is always getting better and progressing .  If members do not wish to stay current they do have the option of staying put on the Fw and just need to make sure they do NOT auto Update anything .

total bull !
2017-10-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

You are right , it's a conspiracy ....  

2017-10-22
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-6-30 04:24
More than likely there is no fix , it is just the GO APP requires a ton of processing power and you may ned to update to an I pad Pro for the best video .  I am not 100% sure this will solve the issue but if it came on right after the update then more than likely , this is the problem .
Choppy video is almost always the Go App device. UNLESS it  is also recorded to the SD card, then we would have another issue entirely .

I have been agreeing with you as I had to upgrade from a Mini 2 to a Mini 4. I use my MIni across multiple devices running DJI Go and DJI Go4.  My Mavic has no issues, Friend Phantom 4 pro no issues as well as a Phantom 3 advanced. I have 2 Inspire 1 pro's and as soon as they are in the air I get broken images, Half green screen or bad lag. Is there something different when the INspire 1 flys as to the other UAV
2017-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules