Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa1135964
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Guys -
  I posted a separate thread on my disconnect issue, but when I had the Mavic working, there were a couple of things that left me scratching my head.  Wondering if anyone can help.

1. Gimbal 'tilt recovery'.  I haven't flown yet, but I did fly the Mavic around the room with my hands like a 3 year old to see the operation of the gimbal.   What I've noticed is that when I put it on the floor, the 'horizon' image is usually not level.  Most of the time, the image just stays slightly uneven.  Other times, it starts uneven then very slowly levels out.   I know I can manually adjust the gimbal roll, and I've tried recalibrating the gimbal a few times.  During the recal, it seems to correct itself at about 85% complete - then it snaps back to uneven right as the recal procedure hits 100%.  How 'fast' should the gimbal compensate for movement?  It's definitely not rock solid - I can get the image to tilt pretty easily by rotating the mavic.  I guess I'm just trying to set my expectations appropriately.  Usually gimbals are made out to look really solid and instantaneous.  (It is set to follow mode)

2. What's with the Distance and VPS measurements?   Even with the RC and Mavic sitting on the table right next to each other, the Distance display on the DJI Go app varies between about 18 and 26 feet. Is something out of cal?  The VPS measurement seems to bounce betweeen .3 and .7 feet...again, with the Mavic sitting on the table.  Anything to worry about?

Thanks for any insight!
Mike

2017-6-30
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Distance is measured between the Mavic's current location and it's Home location, which is generally recorded by the Mavic GPS at takeoff.  Home can be updated/reset by the App (assuming your phone GPS is compatible).

VPS height is typically measured using ultrasonic sensors beneath the Mavic and is fairly accurate between 1 and 20-25 feet.  Those are typical "sitting" numbers.  When flying at higher altitudes, height is determined by barometric sensors.

Nothing to worry about if these readings work properly when you take off.  Hover for a while and check the readings then.
As for the gimbal, be sure you're on a level surface.  Check with a carpenter's level.  Use the level to make a  line on a target. Use the gimbal trim to level the target image.
2017-6-30
Use props
fansa1135964
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.... what about the gimbal 'tilt recovery' time?  Does this sound like normal operation?

Mike
2017-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules