o(^-^)o
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi,
@DJI:
Are you planning to release a update for the Go App 4 that the Apple Watch will be supported?
For me (and I think many others) it would be a perfect solution...

Imagine...you launch via palm start and let the spark track yourself, activate on your Apple Watch video recording, take a picture, make a dronie or circle, call the spark back to yourself and land it via palm land...
please Dji, make the Go App 4 Apple Watch compatible.
2017-6-30
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

You would probably still need to have you iPhone with you in order for the app to function.
2017-6-30
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Wouldn't this require a bluetooth connection to the Spark?  The Spark doesn't support bluetooth.  Awesome thought though.
2017-6-30
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-30 15:09
You would probably still need to have you iPhone with you in order for the app to function.

Maybe, if Dji can’t connect the drone direct to the watch. (What should be possible since Apple Watch suppports native Apps and wifi).
But better to control the drone via a watch at the wrist and the phone in the pocket than the phone in the hand.
2017-6-30
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-30 15:08
Wouldn't this require a bluetooth connection to the Spark?  The Spark doesn't support bluetooth.  Awesome thought though.

No, just a wifi connection. (or Bluetooth to iPhone which is via wifi to spark connected)
2017-6-30
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

Apple Watch connect to iPhone via Bluetooth then iPhone connect to spark via WIfi
2017-6-30
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-99198-1-1.html
2017-6-30
Use props
Sparky Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 442011 ft
United States

http://dji-pilot-apple-watch.esy.es/
Pipe dream. But would be cool
2017-6-30
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

So the demand for an Apple Watch App is there...
Hey dji, whats about it? Your hardware works perfectly with apple devices, why not with the Apple Watch?
Please give a statement about it.
2017-6-30
Use props
Webcrsn
lvl.1
United States

I have to take off my Apple Watch and  shut down Bluetooth on my iPhone to avoid interference with the app. This all happened with the recent go 4 and firmware updates.
2017-8-1
Use props
dji46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3622 ft
United Kingdom

I am developing an app for the Apple Watch and it is all looking good so far.
Obviously the watch has limited display capability but would like to hear what features you would like to see.

If anyone is interested in testing my app then please let me know.
2017-11-4
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

dji46 Posted at 2017-11-4 16:31
I am developing an app for the Apple Watch and it is all looking good so far.
Obviously the watch has limited display capability but would like to hear what features you would like to see.

Sounds great.
Maybe you can create multiple sites?
First for informations like battery, height, distance..
Second one with command buttons like "take a pic", "start/stop rec", "take off", "land"...
Third one with a live view?

2017-11-5
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Even just having it give us some status displays on the watch would be nice. Quick glance at the watch, and know the battery, etc.
2017-11-6
Use props
dji46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can i please ask for your thoughts ...

I cannot run the watch app and tie it into DJI Go. I must therefore create a new app. Only one app can be connected to the drone at a time. This means that if you run my app then you will NOT have access to the DJI go App.

So i would propose that the app I produce would be used for casual flying using the intelligent flight modes. You could then use your watch to select the mode you require, take a picture or start video recording etc. It would give you status information and also virtual joystick control. I think i will also be able to stream video to the watch as well as showing the image that you have taken in photo mode.

What I want to avoid, although it is possible, is creating a DJI Go clone with watch functionality. I would be nervous about the drone being flown at a great distance using my app and then finding that the SDK has not got something implemented correctly and this causing a fly away or a crash into something or someone.

Maybe a way around this is to lock the drone into beginner mode when using my app.

Just want to set expectations and ensure that I please as many people as possible and that people are not disappointed.

I will post some screenshots very soon.

2017-11-9
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Doesn't the Bluetooth on the watch screw with the signal?  I've noticed a big difference when I fly with my apple watch on and when it's not on my wrist.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Javey Posted at 2017-11-9 20:12
Doesn't the Bluetooth on the watch screw with the signal?  I've noticed a big difference when I fly with my apple watch on and when it's not on my wrist.

You are right. Spark does not support using both wifi and bluetooth at the same time. So the idea of using go app by apple watch is not practical.
2017-11-9
Use props
dji46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Have completed the flight controls part of the app and flown a few test flights using the watch. I have made 2 joysticks but have put one over the top of the other (left joystick at top). It works really well and was able to fly around my living room with great precision. Obviously not as easy to use as the phone but much cooler !!

The bluetooth does not seem to affect the Spark and it is connected to the phone via wifi. The watch is then connected to the phone via Bluetooth. All commands from the watch are then sent to the phone (transparently) and the phone sends the commands to the Spark.

Will be adding status info over the next day or so and then image display and hopefully live video feed.

I was pleased to see that if you start the DJI Go app then it can take over control of the drone in flight and you can also switch back to the WatchFly app and give control back to the watch.
2017-11-12
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

dji46 Posted at 2017-11-12 13:24
Have completed the flight controls part of the app and flown a few test flights using the watch. I have made 2 joysticks but have put one over the top of the other (left joystick at top). It works really well and was able to fly around my living room with great precision. Obviously not as easy to use as the phone but much cooler !!

The bluetooth does not seem to affect the Spark and it is connected to the phone via wifi. The watch is then connected to the phone via Bluetooth. All commands from the watch are then sent to the phone (transparently) and the phone sends the commands to the Spark.

Sounds great, I would be awesome to see some video how you control the spark with the Watch!
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

dji46 Posted at 2017-11-12 13:24

Please note that wearing bluetooth device might has a bad interference on the image transmission and causes video lag. Thanks for your attention.
2017-11-12
Use props
dji46
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Could you please elaborate on this. If this was a problem then would you not hear a problem when listening to streamed music using bluetooth headphones?

If you are saying that flying a drone whilst wearing an Apple Watch will cause "bad interference" then I would be very concerned. Would this also mean that you cannot use a drone whilst having bluetooth switched on? Is this a problem with the iPhone giving the interference or with the connection to the drone?
2017-11-14
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dji46 Posted at 2017-11-14 15:45
Could you please elaborate on this. If this was a problem then would you not hear a problem when listening to streamed music using bluetooth headphones?

If you are saying that flying a drone whilst wearing an Apple Watch will cause "bad interference" then I would be very concerned. Would this also mean that you cannot use a drone whilst having bluetooth switched on? Is this a problem with the iPhone giving the interference or with the connection to the drone?

As Electra said. You should turn of BT on Phone and not wear apple watch while using AC.

No matter which way you slice it, you are using a Wifi based technology to get an extremely long range signal to work. So the receivers have to be very sensitive. So blasting them with BT is not advised.

Cheers
2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules