Zenmuse XT crashed Go App
2233 15 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1434400 ft
United States

Inspire 1 is working great with Zenmuse X5, and was also fine with Zenmuse XT since I started using it in April. This week I switched cameras to the XT and now that camera wont connect to the App. Whichever order I power up the Inspire, controller and App, once the App is trying to link to the camera, it dumps out of the app, back to the ipad screen. If I turn on the RC and the ap first, and get to the white screen with the camera button, and hit that button, it shows the disconnected ap screen. Then when I turn on the Inspire, it shows the initial black check menu on the left for a few seconds before the app crashes. If I do RC then Inspire, then Ap, it crashes the App almost immediately. The Zenmuse X5 is working fine still. I also tested the XT on a different Inspire and all was fine. The connectors look fine on the Inspire and camera. Reinstalled App. I guess next step is to reinstall firmware on bird and RC but given the X5 is working still I'm reluctant to mess with it. Any advice? Next job starts on Tuesday....

2017-6-30
Use props
lvl.2
United States

More info: I have two RC's. The Ap works fine on the slave, if the master is powered up. But the ap on the master crashes. The RC connection lights show green for master and turquoise for the slave as they should. I  switched the slave and master using the ap, with the bird turned off. But then the new master wont connect to the Inspire, with the new slave on or off.   
2017-6-30
Use props
lvl.2
United States

So I then checked the App version numbers. The slave was 3.1.10 and the Master was 3.1.12. So I reinstalled the slave ap to be 3.1.12 also. Now both the slave and master aps crash when I try to link RC to bird. So it seems given all of the above that the XT has an issue with the latest Go Ap....X5 is working fine with master and slave aps running fine when connected to bird.
2017-6-30
Use props
fansb3c2fe4f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 558612 ft
Sweden

I have the same problem!
Did you find any Solution?

Joel
2017-7-1
Use props
lvl.2
United States

fansb3c2fe4f Posted at 2017-7-1 04:24
I have the same problem!
Did you find any Solution?

No - and I am beginning to get to the DJI hater point. Given what I describe above am convinced that the 3.1.12 DJI Go Ap iOs does not support the XT, but its fine with the X5. So have been struggling through the various interweb videos on how to downgrade the Ap. I've got Charles to run, but now iTunes wont download the ap so I can then downgrade it. I have the Go Ap on my iphone so figured I would try that, but it was on auto upgrade, so it too has the same 3.1.12 version on it and it does the same crash. I've got so much invested in having the XT work that I'm truly desperate at this point.
2017-7-1
Use props
Msener
New

Turkey

I have also same problem. Matrice 600 pro and ıI tried to connect with another iphone but still no sucsess

Is there any expert from dji to help us about this problem
2017-7-1
Use props
lvl.2
United States

Msener Posted at 2017-7-1 06:54
I have also same problem. Matrice 600 pro and ıI tried to connect with another iphone but still no sucsess

Is there any expert from dji to help us about this problem

I just tried another ipad that has been in airplane mode for a while - It has Go Ap 3.1.5 on it. It does not crash on connecting to the bird, but the XT video refresh rate is very very slow.  Such that is useless to fly with. Yet that version runs the X5 camera just fine. DJI on line support is off till Sunday evening now.... I did not think to check the version # on the other Inspire1 I tried it on. Cant do that till Monday. But its refresh rate was fine.
2017-7-1
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

08011 Posted at 2017-7-1 08:11
I just tried another ipad that has been in airplane mode for a while - It has Go Ap 3.1.5 on it. It does not crash on connecting to the bird, but the XT video refresh rate is very very slow.  Such that is useless to fly with. Yet that version runs the X5 camera just fine. DJI on line support is off till Sunday evening now.... I did not think to check the version # on the other Inspire1 I tried it on. Cant do that till Monday. But its refresh rate was fine.

I was using my xt today on Go Ap 3.1.5 and refresh rate was fine.   
2017-7-1
Use props
ETA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>
United States

08011 Posted at 2017-7-1 08:11

Have you tried the XT Pro Ap?    This was released a week or two ago.   I could not get it to connect.   i did see a youtube video where it is working.   You may want to give it a try, it may work for you.

2017-7-1
Use props
lvl.2
United States

ETA Posted at 2017-7-1 14:34
I was using my xt today on Go Ap 3.1.5 and refresh rate was fine.

I tried the XT Pro ap this afternoon and initially it was great for the camera, did not crash, but the status message top right was stuck on 'pending' where it usually says Ready to Fly and turns green, and none of the icons along the top bar were functional. Apparently DJI are working on the issue, which seems to be that Go Ap 3.1.12 and the XT are incompatible. Later I tried it again and the camera image was then uniform gray, although the spot meter was still working. I'm not going to fly with it, when 3/4 of the Inspire controls are frozen. It shows battery percentage but thats about it. Maybe I need to upgrade the camera firmware but could not see an about menu to see what version it has on it.
2017-7-1
Use props
lvl.2
United States

08011 Posted at 2017-7-1 17:35
I tried the XT Pro ap this afternoon and initially it was great for the camera, did not crash, but the status message top right was stuck on 'pending' where it usually says Ready to Fly and turns green, and none of the icons along the top bar were functional. Apparently DJI are working on the issue, which seems to be that Go Ap 3.1.12 and the XT are incompatible. Later I tried it again and the camera image was then uniform gray, although the spot meter was still working. I'm not going to fly with it, when 3/4 of the Inspire controls are frozen. It shows battery percentage but thats about it. Maybe I need to upgrade the camera firmware but could not see an about menu to see what version it has on it.

Interestingly the XT PRo is no longer available on the Ap Store - I was sent a direct link to it by my camera vendor, but given how buggy it is it seems like they pulled it.
2017-7-1
Use props
fansb3c2fe4f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 558612 ft
Sweden

I Got IT to work with a Galaxy Tab A

Joel
2017-7-2
Use props
Msener
New

Turkey

Dear 08011,
Zenmuse XT pro is still available in apple store I instaled a few minutes ago to my ipad. I tried connect to matrice 600 pro with zenmuse xt app but there is no display as you say absolutely gray screen.
I will try with samsung note 5 after tried I'll share here.
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

08011 Posted at 2017-7-1 17:43
Interestingly the XT PRo is no longer available on the Ap Store - I was sent a direct link to it by my camera vendor, but given how buggy it is it seems like they pulled it.

We have restored the crash issue by updating the iOS DJI Go to V3.1.13, please update the APP in APP Store to the latest version, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-7-2
Use props
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-2 22:15
We have restored the crash issue by updating the iOS DJI Go to V3.1.13, please update the APP in APP Store to the latest version, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks - that did it - but now I've seen what the XT Pro ap can do with the XT it would be really nice to have it also enable the bird to fly...... PLEASE update the XT PRO so it too works with not only the XT but also the Inspire 1.. Any idea when this might happen?
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

08011 Posted at 2017-7-7 11:33
Thanks - that did it - but now I've seen what the XT Pro ap can do with the XT it would be really nice to have it also enable the bird to fly...... PLEASE update the XT PRO so it too works with not only the XT but also the Inspire 1.. Any idea when this might happen?

XT Pro is only an APP that enhances your control of XT thermal camera, it may be impossible to enable it to control the drone, we still suggest to use DJI Go during fight.
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules