Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Critical Error
6358 8 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbe1510a1
New

United States

I am trying to use my Spark for the first time and keep getting a critical error.  No matter what I do, the front status lights are always solid red.  With the back lights flashing yellow fast.   Any advice would be much appreciated
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you activated it?  Performed firmware update? Using remote control or phone/tablet?
2017-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Solid red with yellow flashing could be compas calibration, I know it's saying critical error it's just with yellow flashing fast it might be IMU or compass.

You could try calibration of both or try a factory reset, but I wouldn't fly until it's sorted.
2017-7-1
Use props
fansbe1510a1
New

United States

Thanks very much for your suggestions.  After re-activating and calibrating, I was able to sort the problem. The following video is an outstanding guide for setting up a Spark for the first time.
https://youtu.be/CuACnyi-l-k
2017-7-2
Use props
newbie from gr
New
Flight distance : 23 ft
Greece

hi guys!I did what you said but my spark keeps showing solid red at the front copters ...i can fly it but im little stressed about it
2017-7-16
Use props
Aerial Ant
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1249715 ft
United States

newbie from gr Posted at 2017-7-16 06:04
hi guys!I did what you said but my spark keeps showing solid red at the front copters ...i can fly it but im little stressed about it

The front lights always stay solid red. Now they do go out once you hit the record buttton. But it's like that for a good reason so that you always know the front end of the drone and you don't confuse what the rear status lights are telling you, especially when they are blinking red. My phantom 3 gives an option to manually turn them off.
2017-7-16
Use props
newbie from gr
New
Flight distance : 23 ft
Greece

Aerial Ant Posted at 2017-7-16 07:04
The front lights always stay solid red. Now they do go out once you hit the record buttton. But it's like that for a good reason so that you always know the front end of the drone and you don't confuse what the rear status lights are telling you, especially when they are blinking red. My phantom 3 gives an option to manually turn them off.

Thank you!
2017-7-16
Use props
gqit
New
Italy

HELP.. newly activated spark. 4 solid red led! upgrade/downgrde done..no success. Anyone has a tip?
2017-7-20
Use props
djiuser_hCpDXuSBBbZL
lvl.1
Romania

gqit Posted at 2017-7-20 02:48
HELP.. newly activated spark. 4 solid red led! upgrade/downgrde done..no success. Anyone has a tip?

Same here? Any advice?
2018-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules