Will a little wind make my mavic spin to the left or right ?
1240 14 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd4d9fa67
lvl.1
United States

If I go up the 100 ft and use the Green box to use as a edge to mark a spot I can see that it will slowly move right or left a little is this normal? The controller is good calibration was done .
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depends on your definition of a "little wind".  Remember its much windier in the sky than on the ground
2017-7-1
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

No. Probably a compass issue.
2017-7-1
Use props
fansd4d9fa67
lvl.1
United States

Seems like it will stop after a min . Maybe I am seeing a little drift and not yaw ?
2017-7-1
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fansd4d9fa67 Posted at 2017-7-1 14:46
Seems like it will stop after a min . Maybe I am seeing a little drift and not yaw ?

If you use these instructions to retrieve a DAT file from a flight where this happened, upload it to DropBox (or something similar), and provide a link to it in this thread someone will look at it and may be able to determine why this occurs.

Without seeing that, the only thing I could suggest is to make sure you aren't taking off from a location where there may be some sort of electromagnetic interference (e.g., a sidewalk).
2017-7-1
Use props
fansd4d9fa67
lvl.1
United States

I take off from my back porch . And it usually will do a compass calibration ok . I guess there might be rebar in it .
2017-7-1
Use props
Jenkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10814 ft
United Kingdom

When you do a controller calibration are your sticks showing zero input?
2017-7-1
Use props
fansd4d9fa67
lvl.1
United States

Yeah it says it's good.
2017-7-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i am guessing it is either compass calibration, EM interferance or controler calibration.
My mavic is very sensitive to EM interferance - was being affected by a magnet (not even a big one) i had in a drawer under my bed - after i moved the magnet all was good again.

If yr balcony has rebar in then may well be the problem - find a suitable take off place that is away from em interferance.
2017-7-2
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

to answer your question - no, a little wind should not make yr mavic spin left or right. My experiance is that even a lot of wind does not do this. I recently flew at a beach side - i was about 1km from home point and a pretty strong wind picked up. no spinning left or right.
2017-7-2
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Sitting here and wonder if it's not just your gimbal and hence the camera that moves a bit compared to Mavic. This typically happens after turning Mavic around. There are many threads here at forums that address the issue.

Regards Leif.
2017-7-2
Use props
fansd4d9fa67
lvl.1
United States

I usually notice it when I turn and stop if I wait for a min it will usually stop . So maybe it is the gimbal moving some .
2017-7-2
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

fansd4d9fa67 Posted at 2017-7-2 13:05
I usually notice it when I turn and stop if I wait for a min it will usually stop . So maybe it is the gimbal moving some .

You can try and let the bird float at 5 ft height and make a 360 degree yaw, then aim over Mavic to see if it's turning.

Regards Leif.
2017-7-2
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd4d9fa67 Posted at 2017-7-1 17:40
I take off from my back porch . And it usually will do a compass calibration ok . I guess there might be rebar in it .

Are you calibrating the compass each flight?     That may be the problem.
2017-7-3
Use props
fansd4d9fa67
lvl.1
United States

No I had not been doing a calibration every flight . But I do notice that it will find a stoping point from turning or drifting a little and or maybe camera movement if you let it sit for a min in the same spot.
2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules