Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 no longer has older firmware
3891 10 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd15c581c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99393 ft
United States

Why has all the older firmware versions been removed from the DJI Assistant 2? With all the issues some people are having it was nice to be able to downgrade if you ran into trouble, now there is only firmware 900 and 800 left. What is the purpose of wiping out all the old versions? This is not helpful to Mavic Pro users in the least.
2017-7-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I've always updated via the app, and so really haven't used Assistant 2 all that much -- until recently did it have more than the current and previous firmware versions as options?
2017-7-1
Use props
fansd15c581c
lvl.1
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-7-1 19:04
I've always updated via the app, and so really haven't used Assistant 2 all that much -- until recently did it have more than the current and previous firmware versions as options?

I don't remember how many prior versions used to be on it, but as of recent DJI has pushed several new firmware updates, which is very unusual to me to have so many firmware updates so close together. Seems like you would be able to go back to any one you want, even the very first one.
2017-7-1
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

I'll put my flame suit on now but it's probably because they wanted to stop people downgrading to avoid the temporary NFZ restriction in HK due to the Chinese president's visit.  A couple of my friends had tried to no avail to downgrade so they could film the protests.
2017-7-1
Use props
fansd15c581c
lvl.1
United States

That's the true reason. Playing big brother again. It's OK. The more they try to control the user the more the user will figure out a work around.  Rooted and jail broken phones are a perfect example.
2017-7-1
Use props
fansf729cbf5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83031 ft
Spain

Is there some option to go back to v.700?  It doesnt appears on dji assistant 2.
2017-7-3
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

fansd15c581c Posted at 2017-7-1 19:20
I don't remember how many prior versions used to be on it, but as of recent DJI has pushed several new firmware updates, which is very unusual to me to have so many firmware updates so close together. Seems like you would be able to go back to any one you want, even the very first one.

DJI always said we could downgrade whenever we want...that is until they remove all/most of the FWs!  big THANKS DJI!!  I upgraded to 0.800 from 0.400...now I want my 0.400 back
2017-7-3
Use props
BeachDuc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29544 ft
Australia

I don't know when this changed?  I recently downgraded from 0.900 to 0.700.  I can't remember, but think 0.600 was available as well.
2017-7-3
Use props
Repear
New
Philippines

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-7-3 13:16
DJI always said we could downgrade whenever we want...that is until they remove all/most of the FWs!  big THANKS DJI!!  I upgraded to 0.800 from 0.400...now I want my 0.400 back

2017-7-3
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

BeachDuc Posted at 2017-7-3 23:06
I don't know when this changed?  I recently downgraded from 0.900 to 0.700.  I can't remember, but think 0.600 was available as well.

I don't believe it has changed. As best I can recall DJI has traditionally only included the two previous firmware versions in the list for a total of three available versions. There definitely was a brief period recently when they listed four different versions -- the earliest of which was .400 -- but that was only after a couple of sub-par (.500 and .550 if I recall correctly) releases that were quickly superseded by newer ones. It's possible that they did again temporarily list a total of four versions that included .600, but as best I can recall a total of three versions has been the norm.

And it's not really surprising or unreasonable in my opinion that they'd want to nudge people towards the newer releases and away from the older ones. In fact, I think pretty much every company that maintains software does the same thing if only to reduce their support costs. After all, they presumably try to make each firmware release better than its predecessors, though of course it doesn't always work out that way. And yes, for many of us, the .400 release is the "Windows 7" of Mavic firmware: it works well and doesn't include any strange or undesirable behavior.
2017-7-4
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Repear Posted at 2017-7-3 23:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lk4VQwODx8

Super info- thanks!
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced