Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New update of DJI Go 4 for BT300, another day DJI screw up my ...
3946 32 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

For folks who own Epson Moverio BT300, DON'T refresh and update to the latest DJI GO 4.  For those who already did please join me and scream to DJI "WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GUYS THINKING??"  How can your software team launch an update without even check it first???  The guy who resposible to this release and update should get FIRE immediately as he /she doesn't do any testing at all before release this update!
The BUG is so obvious, we can't use it one update as we go to stuck in the GO 4.13 update box forever!  I just have to ask is DJI treat your customer as beta tester?  If so I don't recall ever get pay by you guys at all! Please do the right thing correct and admit the mistake you cause.  Now my BT300 is useless thanks to your staff.  Please let us know how fast you can correct this miserable mistake?

2017-7-2
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I don't mean to be rude, by was DJI obligated to support the BT300? It's not a product they sell. I wasn't aware they were, but I could be wrong.
2017-7-2
Use props
fans2d1baf60
New
Flight distance : 2100 ft
Indonesia

I am stuck @ the Update box as Well ! Please DJI support Team, Fix this problem ASAP. I cant even get to use DJI GO4 at all now... tks.
2017-7-2
Use props
Johnic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132723 ft
United States

fans2d1baf60 Posted at 2017-7-2 06:16
I am stuck @ the Update box as Well ! Please DJI support Team, Fix this problem ASAP. I cant even get to use DJI GO4 at all now... tks.

I had to delete the dji Go 4 app and side loaded it from adkpure.com
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused, but Epson Moverio BT300 is not our product and we cannot provide any support to this, apologize again.
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Is there any error message? Would you please try again to see if it works at the moment?
2017-7-2
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-2 19:37
Is there any error message? Would you please try again to see if it works at the moment?

Hi Mindy

Thanks for your reply.  Please note the error is totally caused by DJI go4, as it worked well before this latest update.  I tried to capture the screen with usual BT300 press command but somehow DJI GO disable that function.  The message box keep pop up as suggest us update to latest 4.13 with two choices of update and cancel but both options end up loop back to the same box!  So the app is totally useless, my first purpose of purchase this BT300 is because it can operation well with DJI drone, but now you tell this is not your product and won’t support it!  So I wonder who is the party put the DJI GO update to Moverio Market store?  So what am I go to do?  This is really frustrating.
2017-7-2
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-2 05:16
I don't mean to be rude, by was DJI obligated to support the BT300? It's not a product they sell. I wasn't aware they were, but I could be wrong.

This is NOT a hardware issue!  The DJI GO 4 previous version work well then suddenly after this latest update all screw if this is not DJI problem should I write to Donald Trump instead?
2017-7-2
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-2 19:53
This is NOT a hardware issue!  The DJI GO 4 previous version work well then suddenly after this latest update all screw if this is not DJI problem should I write to Donald Trump instead?

Honestly, the Don might actually reply to you. On Twitter, no less.

On a more serious note - I've been a product manager for many years before I left that role. As a product manager, there is no way I can guarantee that my product can and will work with any/all 3rd party products out there. While I can provide APIs/SDKs for 3rd parties to use, I cannot guarantee that they will implement it correctly and within standards. However, the onus remains on me to ensure that all functions defined/covered by the API/SDK are working correctly in every version or product I release.

Now, let's get to the BT300. A great little device. Somehow, with or without DJI's full support, Epson has managed to get DJI Go working with it. They have gotten the app into their Epson Moverio App Store - whether this was done with DJI's support, I do not know. I assume they asked, and DJI simply said okay, and no one knows if the BT300 is certified for use with DJI Go.

Now, if I'm the product manager for DJI Go, I'd already have to ensure that every version I release plays well with every single device that is listed on the download page. While I recognize that there may be hundreds of other models of phones out there, it is extremely unlikely that I have the resources to test every single model of Android phone out there - iOS is certainly easier since the range is far more limited.

Along comes the BT300 - do I have one? Probably not. Should I have one? Perhaps, but unless Epson actually gets into a legal agreement with DJI to secure support and/or certify the BT300 for use with my app, I see no reason to go out of my way to conduct comprehensive testing (especially since the adaptation of Android and hardware on the BT300 are a black box to me) when the company I work for already has a product (Goggles) that competes directly with the BT300.

It may just have been sheer luck/coincidence (as opposed to structured, comprehensive testing) that the previous version of DJI Go works with the BT300. Again, keep in mind that Epson is the one making the claim that DJI Go works with the BT300, not DJI.

While I can understand your frustration, perhaps your questions and frustration are better directed to Epson and not DJI. After all, you purchased an Epson product that claims to work with DJI Go but has stopped working since the last update.

It may not be a hardware issue, but I do not know how much and what kind of customization Epson did with Android on the BT300 to confidently say that the problem is or isn't caused by DJI Go. I can only suggest so far, in my 15+ years in product design and management that unless Epson has some special partnership with DJI, it's unlikely that DJI can/will be obliged to support the BT300.

By the way, did you install DJI Go from the Moverio app store or did you sideload it?
2017-7-3
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-3 03:43
Honestly, the Don might actually reply to you. On Twitter, no less.

On a more serious note - I've been a product manager for many years before I left that role. As a product manager, there is no way I can guarantee that my product can and will work with any/all 3rd party products out there. While I can provide APIs/SDKs for 3rd parties to use, I cannot guarantee that they will implement it correctly and within standards. However, the onus remains on me to ensure that all functions defined/covered by the API/SDK are working correctly in every version or product I release.

Thanks for your detail explanation of product support.  Do I have to understand it probably yes... But do I have to accept it thats definitely no!  As today standard of user experience is whole lot higher than 20years ago.  As DJI keep treating their customer as beta tester, that the thing I can’t accepted.  I had call up Epson too and they said that Moverio market store and is DJI problem for release a not working apps.  So you see what I mean, as consumer we can’t possible know whatever deal between Epson and DJI.  But once issue like this happen both parties try to push out their responsibilities.  So at the end of the day is the customer who go to suffer this.
The issue I complaint is 100% DJI software issue.  Many people already test it and sure we can side load it.  But Epson said clear Moverio market store is the default one suggest to download app and any other sources go to void their warranty.  So another way goes to make customer suffer!
2017-7-3
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-3 20:04
Thanks for your detail explanation of product support.  Do I have to understand it probably yes... But do I have to accept it thats definitely no!  As today standard of user experience is whole lot higher than 20years ago.  As DJI keep treating their customer as beta tester, that the thing I can’t accepted.  I had call up Epson too and they said that Moverio market store and is DJI problem for release a not working apps.  So you see what I mean, as consumer we can’t possible know whatever deal between Epson and DJI.  But once issue like this happen both parties try to push out their responsibilities.  So at the end of the day is the customer who go to suffer this.
The issue I complaint is 100% DJI software issue.  Many people already test it and sure we can side load it.  But Epson said clear Moverio market store is the default one suggest to download app and any other sources go to void their warranty.  So another way goes to make customer suffer!

I put limited faith in 3rd party partners, unless they are specifically certified, and therefore more likely, obliged to ensure support. It's like an iPhone cable that is MFI vs one that's not

I use only MFI certified cables for connecting my iPhone/iPad to anything DJI.
2017-7-9
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-9 02:20
I put limited faith in 3rd party partners, unless they are specifically certified, and therefore more likely, obliged to ensure support. It's like an iPhone cable that is MFI vs one that's not

I use only MFI certified cables for connecting my iPhone/iPad to anything DJI.

Epson do the promotion of BT300 inside DJI Hong Kong store, so most people would think that is certify by DJI support in some way, right?
2017-7-9
Use props
Ken-W
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-9 19:02
Epson do the promotion of BT300 inside DJI Hong Kong store, so most people would think that is certify by DJI support in some way, right?

One would have to assume that. I've never see the BT300 promoted alongside the DJI dealers I go to. One would have to also wonder if the app works on other devices, but not on the BT300, then should the onus be on Epson to sort it out, or DJI....
2017-7-10
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-10 04:13
One would have to assume that. I've never see the BT300 promoted alongside the DJI dealers I go to. One would have to also wonder if the app works on other devices, but not on the BT300, then should the onus be on Epson to sort it out, or DJI....

Not in your country but Epson did a heavy promotion with DJI in Hong Kong thats for sure.  So we hardly accept that both company try to get away with their responsibility.
Yes I do agree Epson should be the major one to sort things out.  But I guess they can’t do that without DJI help.
2017-7-10
Use props
Beesleyboy 5
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I don't think its in Dji's interest to sort this problem out, the MOVERIO BT-300 are in competition with the DJI Goggles, probably the same reason there is no HDMI out on the Mavic pro.
I had a shield tablet with HDMI out so I could use different goggles, but the app didn't work well with that tablet, so i'm struggling with an Ipad screen in sunlight, I had to order some Dji Goggles, now i'm waiting for them to come in stock.
2017-7-11
Use props
Orind
Second Officer
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

Well, DJI (not Epson) does have a nice tutorial on using the Epson Moverio for their drones and another video on best practices/tips/tricks, so while Epson does produce the Moverio, DJI is definitely promoting them for use in their drones, and they seem to promote the use of the DJI go app on the device--Yes, it is complicated when 3rd parties are involved, but DJI does seem to have a relationship with the product.  When DJI Go shows bugs after an update with android or ios, folks most certainly come onto these boards demanding that it be fixed--I seldom see the argument being made that apple needs to fix ios to be compatible with DJI Go----so, perhaps the OP has some valid concerns, even if stated a little over dramatically.
2017-7-11
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Orind Posted at 2017-7-11 09:45
Well, DJI (not Epson) does have a nice tutorial on using the Epson Moverio for their drones and another video on best practices/tips/tricks, so while Epson does produce the Moverio, DJI is definitely promoting them for use in their drones, and they seem to promote the use of the DJI go app on the device--Yes, it is complicated when 3rd parties are involved, but DJI does seem to have a relationship with the product.  When DJI Go shows bugs after an update with android or ios, folks most certainly come onto these boards demanding that it be fixed--I seldom see the argument being made that apple needs to fix ios to be compatible with DJI Go----so, perhaps the OP has some valid concerns, even if stated a little over dramatically.

Totally agree.  
2017-7-11
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Beesleyboy 5 Posted at 2017-7-11 07:50
I don't think its in Dji's interest to sort this problem out, the MOVERIO BT-300 are in competition with the DJI Goggles, probably the same reason there is no HDMI out on the Mavic pro.
I had a shield tablet with HDMI out so I could use different goggles, but the app didn't work well with that tablet, so i'm struggling with an Ipad screen in sunlight, I had to order some Dji Goggles, now i'm waiting for them to come in stock.

BT300 does not use HDMI to connect to anything.  It is just a goggle like android device.
2017-7-11
Use props
Orind
Second Officer
United States

I just received my Epson Moverio glasses yesterday--charged, updated system firmware, updated DJI Go 4--launched DJI Go 4 and signed in.
Will take out flying today.  I am still waiting for the mounts to hold the Moverio control pad I the Mavic controller.
2017-7-15
Use props
Orind
Second Officer
United States

Quick flight today--The glasses really make a great monitor--so much easier to see than the phone.  It was a bit sunny out so I used the dark lens addition.  I find I am not looking through the display at the drone, but like others have said, looking over the top of the glasses at the drone.
2017-7-15
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Orind Posted at 2017-7-15 22:47
Quick flight today--The glasses really make a great monitor--so much easier to see than the phone.  It was a bit sunny out so I used the dark lens addition.  I find I am not looking through the display at the drone, but like others have said, looking over the top of the glasses at the drone.

Yes with BT300 I can take better photo and video according to detail thru glasses compare just look at iPad screen.  Hopefully Epson and DJI will go to sort the app and firmware issue out, as I spoken to a DJI tech staff he claimed those main problem is related to Epson BT300 resolution which nothing really can be done by DJI side.
2017-7-16
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Case resolve!  The newest update from Moverio Market last weekend already fix this indefinitely loop to dead problem of DJI GO 4.  I seriously hope such basic mistake won’t happen again.
2017-7-18
Use props
Orind
Second Officer
United States

Another flight today to continue to acclimate to the Moverio==I did not take the shades with me because it was a bit overcast, and of course the sun came out--turned up the brightness and found a shaded area to look into and was ok.  Once my  mount adapters come to hold the moverio controller in the Mavic control I will be all set.
2017-7-20
Use props
shipshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354636 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-2 19:32
Really sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused, but Epson Moverio BT300 is not our product and we cannot provide any support to this, apologize again.

Mindy: Excuse me but it is offered in partnership with EPSON...big ballyhoo made by DJI on its own website.
2017-9-18
Use props
shipshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354636 ft
  • >>>
United States

shipshooter Posted at 2017-9-18 04:49
Mindy: Excuse me but it is offered in partnership with EPSON...big ballyhoo made by DJI on its own website.

Yesterday I flew Phantom 4 Pro. with the BT300, which I bought AFTER DJI promoted it in emails to me, directly from DJI.  NOT EPSON. So if anyone at DJI is backing away from responsibility to insure compatibility, that's pure crap.

On start up,  kept getting the following DJJI error msg:   Braking Now. First Return Sticks to Center.  I see quite a few posts about this error msg.  I restarted the bird, the controller, the Moverio and the Go4app several times. No change.  I removed the BT300 and re-installed my tablet with GoApp4 and re-started P4P and had no error messages whatsoever.  So there's a glitch in the BT300 version of the GoApp?
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Are you still stuck? Are you linked to a Wi Fi Modem? What type of mobile device are you using?
2017-9-18
Use props
kukuriku
New

Israel

I'm sure that a great percentage of the ppl that bought the BT300 are DJI users. Epson made a lot of  money via DJI and IMHO is time to give some back!
While the optical part is more than OK, judging by its performance the Android "thingie" seems to contain  salvaged components from Android devices thrown out 5-6 years ago.  This is certainly not a device on par with DJI products. I'm trying for 2 days now to update and not only that the speed of downloading is RIDICULOUS but over and over I get "server error, try later"!
Just curious: am i the only complaining of very low downloading speed?

2017-9-18
Use props
MAVICDLNM
First Officer
  • >>>
China

kukuriku Posted at 2017-9-18 11:45
I'm sure that a great percentage of the ppl that bought the BT300 are DJI users. Epson made a lot of  money via DJI and IMHO is time to give some back!
While the optical part is more than OK, judging by its performance the Android "thingie" seems to contain  salvaged components from Android devices thrown out 5-6 years ago.  This is certainly not a device on par with DJI products. I'm trying for 2 days now to update and not only that the speed of downloading is RIDICULOUS but over and over I get "server error, try later"!
Just curious: am i the only complaining of very low downloading speed?

are your refer to the download speed of Epson BT300 firmware?  I don’t get that problem so far.
2017-9-19
Use props
kukuriku
New

Israel

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-9-19 23:01
are your refer to the download speed of Epson BT300 firmware?  I don’t get that problem so far.

Yep...I tried 3 times and the downloading took 3-4 hours and ended in errors. Still not completed the process.
2017-9-20
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

updated epson BT300 software and refreshed DJI go4 today and everything worked great.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI-Phantom4Pro_Epson-Moverio-Ultima
lvl.1

United States

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-3 03:43
Honestly, the Don might actually reply to you. On Twitter, no less.

On a more serious note - I've been a product manager for many years before I left that role. As a product manager, there is no way I can guarantee that my product can and will work with any/all 3rd party products out there. While I can provide APIs/SDKs for 3rd parties to use, I cannot guarantee that they will implement it correctly and within standards. However, the onus remains on me to ensure that all functions defined/covered by the API/SDK are working correctly in every version or product I release.

Hi Guyz,
An interjection hear felt right. Epson and DJI do have an agreement and relationship, and both should be supporting each other. They are a great addtion to the Sport/Hobby/Business of Droning.
I believe that Epson pushed this product out without adequate testing. I have been through 2 and on my 3rd because of shoddy manufacturing. Charging port seperated from Mainboard on first, and second overheated and DiEd.
I feel like we were forced BeTa Testers and hope they make right on these first models that overheat!
2018-4-27
Use props
DJI-Phantom4Pro_Epson-Moverio-Ultima
lvl.1

United States

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-18 19:42
Case resolve!  The newest update from Moverio Market last weekend already fix this indefinitely loop to dead problem of DJI GO 4.  I seriously hope such basic mistake won’t happen again.

YEAHHHHHHH!
2018-4-27
Use props
Capt742000
lvl.1

United States

Johnic Posted at 2017-7-2 15:34
I had to delete the dji Go 4 app and side loaded it from adkpure.com

How were you able to delete the DJI go 4 app on the Moverio but-300 glasses. I was told by Epson support to delete the app and reinstall, but I do not see a way to delete.
Thanks,
Mike
2021-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules