[Q] How do you shoot 60fps video with the Osmo Mobile X Samsung G...
3686 5 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Unknown User
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63615 ft
Hong Kong

I just started using the Osmo Mobile and I'm looking to shoot some 1080p @60FPS videos (incase I want the option to edit it into slow mo). I've tried 1) DJI app 2) Filmic Pro 3) default camera.

both the DJI app and the Filmic Pro I can only get to shoot it in 1080p @30FPS. I don't know where to change it so that it can shoot at 60fps? The default Samsung Galaxy S7 camera app shoots at 1080 @60FPS.

i shot sample videos and examined them on my desktop to see.

If anyone could teach me how to shoot at 60FPS using the other apps, that would be great! Thanks!

2017-7-2
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Apparently, it's a Samsung limitation. I don't have my Osmo on me now, but I was told that you can power up the device, run DJI Go, then switch to the default Samsung camera app and record using that instead of DJI Go.

2017-7-2
Use props
Unknown User
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63615 ft
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-2 06:31
Apparently, it's a Samsung limitation. I don't have my Osmo on me now, but I was told that you can power up the device, run DJI Go, then switch to the default Samsung camera app and record using that instead of DJI Go.

Thanks for the reply! And yes I did try that, the Osmo can run by itself after you power it up of course, but every thing will be manual. There's no facial tracking with that.

I wonder why it's a Samsung limitation that only the Samsung Camera software can shoot 1080 @60 FPS video. Maybe I need to test another camera app to see if that's the case.
2017-7-2
Use props
Lisztian
New
Hong Kong

Not only Samsung, Sony also not supported properly, No 4K nor 1080/60fps, and the app always crash  and force quit.
2017-7-4
Use props
felipereis50
lvl.1
Brazil

Same problem in my Galaxy S5.
You can use your default camera, but lose all features from DJI app.

Recording at 60fps is the most beautiful and does not have the function.

If every new cellphone DJI has to be updating the app we will be in serious trouble.
2017-7-24
Use props
P4P Jim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3130 ft
United States

I think its a DJI mobile app limitation. Not the phone.
2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules