Issue with Samsung Galaxy S2 Tablet
10226 26 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idofuel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 476768 ft
United States

Yesterday i posted issue with USB port under Mavic RC...after a few Youtube videos and help from @fansd4d9fa67 i finally got it to work...here is the sequence if you are experiencing issue where the tablet wont recognize the mavic *or*  the tablet keeps flashing a screen that trys to connect but acts like annoying pop-up that wont go away or stay long enough to ignore...**IMPORTANT NOTE*** make sure the cable you are using is a data cable and not just for charging a smartphone...look the same, very different.

1. Boot up the Mavic
2. Make sure the tablet is powered down and both ends of cable are inserted (lower usb and the tablet connection itself)
3. Boot up the controller with typical cable for phone unplugged from both ends (just remove it and put away)
4. Confirm the boot sequence is complete and that your RC and aircraft have found GPS and is *Ready to go*
5. Power up the tablet and it should find the usb , ask if you want to use the DJI4 as default (click ok) and you *should* finally be ready to use.

2017-7-2
Use props
DronesIntegrate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 683720 ft
Canada

I wish there was a more convenient way of doing this.. I as well have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and it is an absolute pain to try to get a drone working with. I thought that there wouldn't be a problem with any modern tablet, but I guess I was wrong. I believe it is because the tablet does not support the amperage that the controller outputs. I get a red 'X' on the battery icon and can't get it to connect because of this. I used to use those steps to get the tablet to work, but I once lost connection and decided that was the end of using the tablet..
2017-7-2
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
United States

agreed...i flew this morning for about 2.5 batteries and it did great...i did geek out when i changed batteries without repeating sequence but it came back on and did fine.
2017-7-2
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Normally you should not need this "sequence" for flying with tablet. Many people have troubles with the app, keeps crashing, freezes or even doesn't start. Most of the problems started with update 4.1.0.

You can read on this forum several possible "fixes" for these problems, tried all of them and can tell you that nothing works. App crashes every few minutes during flight. I switched to iOS device and do not hane any problems any longer. Still hope DJI will fix problems with Android App.
2017-7-2
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
United States

Definitely seems to be more Apple friendly I use an old iPhone 6+ when traveling and it's flawless
2017-7-2
Use props
DronesIntegrate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 683720 ft
Canada

Mari Posted at 2017-7-2 09:51
Normally you should not need this "sequence" for flying with tablet. Many people have troubles with the app, keeps crashing, freezes or even doesn't start. Most of the problems started with update 4.1.0.

You can read on this forum several possible "fixes" for these problems, tried all of them and can tell you that nothing works. App crashes every few minutes during flight. I switched to iOS device and do not hane any problems any longer. Still hope DJI will fix problems with Android App.

As I said before, this problem seems to be exclusive to the S2 tablet. Other tablets will except the charge from the controller, the S2 will not. I don't even fly with the P4 and up app; I have an Inspire 1 V2.0 and use the before P4 app.

You should be able to disable charging from the controller instead. That way, you would be able to fly with this tablet and not have to worry about the charging.
2017-7-4
Use props
Ducked
New
United States

Could you tell me where to get a data cable? I have a Tab3 and can't get the tablet to recognize the RC. Thanks
2017-7-19
Use props
Roll Tide
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610502 ft
United States

I use both the S2 tablet  and an iphone 7+.  Never a problem with iphone.  Three - four times the tablet did not connect properly, but I just unplugged the usb cable and plugged it back in -- and yes, the other cable on the side of the remote must be unplugged!    No other problems, so far.
In fact, my only problem now is a heat index of 100+ most of the day.  
2017-7-22
Use props
Pekik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995397 ft
Indonesia

I am using tab S2 dedicated for drone, it was easy connect as normal as other tab or phone when it is in android 6.0.1, I use it with DJI Go 4, DJI Go, also Litchi with no problem at all, until when its upgrade to android 7.0, it can not connect to RC.
As following suggested sequence above, now its back to work!!
Yes it really pain that have to turn off, on etc ... but Thanks alot, I can use my tab again..
2017-7-23
Use props
idofuel
lvl.2
United States

Pekik Posted at 2017-7-23 01:27
I am using tab S2 dedicated for drone, it was easy connect as normal as other tab or phone when it is in android 6.0.1, I use it with DJI Go 4, DJI Go, also Litchi with no problem at all, until when its upgrade to android 7.0, it can not connect to RC.
As following suggested sequence above, now its back to work!!
Yes it really pain that have to turn off, on etc ... but Thanks alot, I can use my tab again..

Glad it worked out...i lost a lot of sleep over it...but help from  @fansd4d9fa67 and we got it
2017-7-23
Use props
ethaniel
lvl.1
Thailand

Easier way - without having to restart every time is to flash the Tab with a custom firmware (LineageOS). Unfortunately, the process is not an simple one and has to wipe all of your data on the Tab (but at least you'll feel like a hacker). No more bugs and LineageOS is faster than Stock. USB works without any hiccups.

Took me 30 minutes.Here is the howto: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/gts28vewifi/install

One more thing. The latest DJI App is super buggy (video lag + interference). I downloaded an older one (4.1.15) from https://apkpure.com/dji-go-4-for-drones-since-p4/dji.go.v4
2017-11-25
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

thats odd i have two S2 one dedicated to my mavic, and one dedicated to my Inspire 1. both running the latest softwares and firmwares an have had zero issues like i read in here
2017-11-25
Use props
TundraLu
lvl.1

United States

ethaniel Posted at 2017-11-25 22:19
Easier way - without having to restart every time is to flash the Tab with a custom firmware (LineageOS). Unfortunately, the process is not an simple one and has to wipe all of your data on the Tab (but at least you'll feel like a hacker). No more bugs and LineageOS is faster than Stock. USB works without any hiccups.

Took me 30 minutes.Here is the howto: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/gts28vewifi/install

hmm, I tried this and was up most of the night hacking my new Samsung Tablet S2.  This doesn't work.  For some reason, my Samsung Tablet A works ALL the time with OTG.   The DGI GO 4 version is V1.1.15 and the Tablet is on 7.1.1 .

Now the Samsung Tablet S2 (T710) is on  Android version 7.0 and running the exact same DJI GO4 V1.1.15 and does not connect via OTG.   For some reason, the Tab S2 is the problem.  Of course, i bought it to use one my DJI and it is a NO GO and paperweight at this point.
2018-1-11
Use props
jpl77
New
Flight distance : 7969 ft
Italy

Any updates from anyone?  Have you heard an official reply from DJI or Samsung?  I've tried contacting both support sites and they each tell me the other has the problem.  They  are both now stating that the S2 is not a compatible device.
2018-2-12
Use props
jpl77
New
Italy

Any updates from anyone?  Have you heard an official reply from DJI or Samsung?  I've tried contacting both support sites and they each tell me the other has the problem.  They  are both now stating that the S2 is not a compatible device.
2018-2-12
Use props
jpl77
New
Italy

Okay, sorry for the spam posts, but the forum wasn't showing anything submiting even after exiting and refreshing.
2018-2-12
Use props
kissmybrass
lvl.2
United States

jpl77 Posted at 2018-2-12 06:03
Okay, sorry for the spam posts, but the forum wasn't showing anything submiting even after exiting and refreshing.

greetings
                  really annoying isn't it. i checked the smasung forum yesterday and no joy. i dont get the impression that it is important enough to samsung to fix. i was told by samsung gill that other folks had rooted their tablets and gone to 6.0 to fix this,,,,,, but he cant tell me to do that since it would void the warranty. so i did. going to 6.0 did not work to solve the usb flashing problem. i saw before that model 710 was working but now we have a post it is not.if i was a sjw i would rally the troops to this indignation and we could all stand around in a circle and ,, well that wont fix my damn tablet either. i have a 83$tablet on the list of stuff that might work coming wed. i will post here if it works. i am getting the second tablet to put litchi on since you cant have both litchi and dji on the same tablet. the dji way points is idiotic. you have to be flying to make a waypoint mission? that is rith up there with it having to be running to do any thing with it. with litchi you can enter the app, make a waypoint mission and save it to fly when you get there. then you can focus on the camera and getting good shots. any way that is my plan. this is the tablet i am going to try. wall mart had free shipping. i wont buy anything that says samsung again.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Iconia-One-7-1GB/459440260

2018-2-12
Use props
Robby106
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66617 ft
Panama

I have tried this proceedure 13 times and it does not find the USB device. I am using an S2 with andriod 7.0. I have treied 3 USB cables.
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_iocIDucvlSLL
lvl.2

Finland

Robby106 Posted at 2018-3-2 14:05
I have tried this proceedure 13 times and it does not find the USB device. I am using an S2 with andriod 7.0. I have treied 3 USB cables.

Hi,

For me it works like this:

1. power on the drone
2. power on the RC
3. connect the tablet to the RC controller with the cable (I use the cable that came with the tablet)
4. Restart the tablet

The tablet goes nuts when you connect like this but restarting should start up normally. At least with Litchi app in does. Having both Go and Litchi won't work. I know there are work arounds for having both but those didn't work for me.

Earlier I had to connect the tablet with the RC switched off but that seems to have changed with some update or another.
2018-4-16
Use props
GWTX
lvl.1

@djiuser....THANK YOU !  It' really the pits having to "mess " with starting up like this. I had a TabA-6 that didn't have any problems, and a Note10.1 that didn't either. I wanted this size(8") tablet and thought it would be perfect. It is , except for the connection problem. I took the first one back to WalMart, and may take this one back, and look for an ........yuk Apple . I wish I had checked the forum before I bought. Thanks again for the information.
2018-7-18
Use props
GWTX
lvl.1

GWTX Posted at 2018-7-18 12:10
@djiuser....THANK YOU !  It' really the pits having to "mess " with starting up like this. I had a TabA-6 that didn't have any problems, and a Note10.1 that didn't either. I wanted this size(8") tablet and thought it would be perfect. It is , except for the connection problem. I took the first one back to WalMart, and may take this one back, and look for an ........yuk Apple . I wish I had checked the forum before I bought. Thanks again for the information.

I think I found a way to startup and fly without having to start or re start the talblet. I've done it several times and it worked with LITCHI (don't know about DJI GO yet) (don't care as long as litchi works)
. Hope it's not a fluke.
1. Tablet on home screen
2. Turn on AC  (drone)
3. Turn on RC
4. The app(litchi) starts up "DISCONNECTED"...
5. Pull down notification bar and tap the USB source to "CHARGING".....
Wait about 5 seconds and the app (Litchi in my case) CONNECTS !
2018-8-5
Use props
GWTX
lvl.1

GWTX Posted at 2018-8-5 11:17
I think I found a way to startup and fly without having to start or re start the talblet. I've done it several times and it worked with LITCHI (don't know about DJI GO yet) (don't care as long as litchi works)
. Hope it's not a fluke.
1. Tablet on home screen

I am using a P3A , don't know if it will work with other setups
2018-8-5
Use props
Teddonald
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108812 ft
France

Hi
I have found this solution to connect to a galaxy tabS2, maybe it could help
https://youtu.be/pxHcoCTx1mw
2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Teddonald Posted at 5-4 14:23
Hi
I have found this solution to connect to a galaxy tabS2, maybe it could help
https://youtu.be/pxHcoCTx1mw

Hi, thanks for sharing your additional help to your DJI Forum members. Thank you for continued support.
2019-5-5
Use props
fans50464aa6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61552 ft

Italy

Hi, I have a problem with my Mavic 2 Enterprise DUAL and the tablet SAMSUNG Galxy Tab 2 connection.
The app is the DJI PILOT.

I used the original cable and an other OTG cable but it doesn't works. The message is "aircraft disconnected".

Help!

P.S. with apple iPad I didn't have any problem
Thank you

2019-6-23
Use props
Sushi Wasabi
lvl.2

ethaniel Posted at 2017-11-25 22:19
Easier way - without having to restart every time is to flash the Tab with a custom firmware (LineageOS). Unfortunately, the process is not an simple one and has to wipe all of your data on the Tab (but at least you'll feel like a hacker). No more bugs and LineageOS is faster than Stock. USB works without any hiccups.

As ethaniel said in the post above if you change Android OS to Lineage OS the problem is resolved.
I have tried everything else I could read on this issue with no result except the inconstant solution of restarting the tablet.

Lineage is the solution.
My tablet is a Samsung S2 8" stm713  and was running Android 7 to use a Mavic Pro 2.
Now my question is this :
Since it is clearly a software issue anybody into android coding can say what is specifically the problem with Android and why Lineage works.  Thank you!

Mavic Pro 2 Samsung S2 Dji Go4 not connecting LineageOS

2019-10-3
Use props
GWTX
lvl.1
United States

I posted some time back about the S2 tab problem. What I thought was a solution, was a fluke I guess, but for some time now I have
have had success starting the following way:
1. Everything OFF
2. Turn on RC, and wait 2 seconds,, tablet will indicate charge
3. Turn on TABLET
4. Turn on AC
When tablet starts up, the Litchi screen comes up. In my case, I wait for minimum "sat's " to come up. Do all your PreFlight  checks and TAKE OFF.
It's still a hassle, but at least it's a shorter wait, and I've not had to turn off everything and start over any more.
Just thought I'd pass this along in case it might help someone else.  Everyone else probably has bought a new tablet by now
2021-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules