1312 9 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lately I have been having a problem where by when I power up the Inspire 2, Controller and iPad, the iPad connects to the RC and in a few seconds, it says disconnected. The RC is still connected to the aircraft. I can start the motors fly and everything but the screen on the iPad shows disconnected. If I disconnect the USB cable and plug it in again the connection returns. This only seems to happen during the first time I power everything up and it was only occasionally but, lately, it has been almost ever time. As of yet, it has never done this during a flight. Any suggestions?
Regards,
Tom     

2017-7-2
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I can think of two possibilities:
1. Have you updated the RC to latest FW (v.01.01.0001) ?
In the release notes:  Fixed a rare issue where image signal couldn't be received after powering on.
2. Check connection between camera gimbal and Aircraft.
2017-7-2
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-7-2 10:13
I can think of two possibilities:
1. Have you updated the RC to latest FW (v.01.01.0001) ?
In the release notes:  Fixed a rare issue where image signal couldn't be received after powering on.

Thanks for the reply, It's not the video feed. It is just like as if I disconnected the USB. It's not a signal problem from the I2 to the controller. It is the signal from the controller to the tablet. When the I2 disconnects from the controller (shutting down the I2) the app reports "Aircraft Disconnected". Thats not what I see. I just see in gray, "Disconnected" Alsol I am running the latest version both on the controller and I2 along with the latest App

Thanks,
Tom
2017-7-2
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

dldp-sp Posted at 2017-7-2 11:36
Thanks for the reply, It's not the video feed. It is just like as if I disconnected the USB. It's not a signal problem from the I2 to the controller. It is the signal from the controller to the tablet. When the I2 disconnects from the controller (shutting down the I2) the app reports "Aircraft Disconnected". Thats not what I see. I just see in gray, "Disconnected" Alsol I am running the latest version both on the controller and I2 along with the latest App

Thanks,

Sorry that was of no help, possible a bad cable or connection for the USB? Can you try a different cable?
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If this issue happens occasionally, please try other USB cable or other mobile device to do the troubleshooting. If it persists no matter how many cables and mobile devices have been used, we suggest to send in for evaluation, maybe the USB port doesn't work well.
2017-7-2
Use props
Brante
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89688 ft
United States

Having a similar issue with Inspire 1 v2 and iPad Pro (latest model). Everything worked fine. I flew missions, took video, and stills. Then I went through the procedure to format my SD card. Got an error message, no format. Plugged in my iPhone 6, and the format went just fine. Plugged my iPad back in, flew with no issues. Yesterday I started up the controller, battery, and DJI Go app. Get a black screen (BSOD?) and the message "disconnected". The RC is still connected to the aircraft. I can start the motors and fly, but the screen on the iPad shows disconnected. The light on the controller is green showing it is connected. If I connect to my iPhone everything connects.  Newsflash! As I was typing this reply, I got a message on DJI Go that says there are compatibility issues between iOS 11.2.5 and DJI Go and Go 4. Apparently, the reason I could connect with my iPhone 6 is that I have not upgraded to 11.2.5 as yet, but had on my iPad.  Any news on when there may be a fix? I have this beautiful $1000 monitor that I can't use now, and my iPhone screen is just too small!!
2018-1-25
Use props
Donnie - Apple
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Brante Posted at 2018-1-25 07:41
Having a similar issue with Inspire 1 v2 and iPad Pro (latest model). Everything worked fine. I flew missions, took video, and stills. Then I went through the procedure to format my SD card. Got an error message, no format. Plugged in my iPhone 6, and the format went just fine. Plugged my iPad back in, flew with no issues. Yesterday I started up the controller, battery, and DJI Go app. Get a black screen (BSOD?) and the message "disconnected". The RC is still connected to the aircraft. I can start the motors and fly, but the screen on the iPad shows disconnected. The light on the controller is green showing it is connected. If I connect to my iPhone everything connects.  Newsflash! As I was typing this reply, I got a message on DJI Go that says there are compatibility issues between iOS 11.2.5 and DJI Go and Go 4. Apparently, the reason I could connect with my iPhone 6 is that I have not upgraded to 11.2.5 as yet, but had on my iPad.  Any news on when there may be a fix? I have this beautiful $1000 monitor that I can't use now, and my iPhone screen is just too small!!

Rollback the update on your I pad and you should be fine till they update the go app.....AGAIN.

good luck

donnie
2018-1-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Apple has had a bug with their USB port with version 11.  Never has worked right for me coming off version 10.  Too many Disconnects.  Unplugging and re-plugging the USB sometimes works, until the next Disconnect happens.
2018-1-26
Use props
Brante
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89688 ft
United States

Thanks guys!
Donnie-Waiting for a couple of days before rollback to see if DJI will fix...wishful thinking on my part I know! LOL!

fansa, Thanks! Doesn't appear to be a port issue. If I plug in my iPhone 6, everything works great...
2018-1-26
Use props
Willow Creative
lvl.1
Canada

Brante Posted at 2018-1-26 08:11
Thanks guys!
Donnie-Waiting for a couple of days before rollback to see if DJI will fix...wishful thinking on my part I know! LOL!

My wife has a iphone 5s and she has never update the ios, I will have to try it out! Thanks for the advice.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules