DJI Osmo pan
2371 7 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans70e2a410
lvl.1
Canada

I would like the pan to stop when I stop panning but the Osmo continues for a bit then smoothly stops.
As such, my end of pan is not predictable.
I do understand it has to drift a bit for stability, but I find it drifts/continues too much or too long at pan end in particular.

I do like the default medium setting but I would like to fine tune it.
I have also played with the starting point of medium as well as various advanced settings but it seems I cant get it right.

My objective is the pan to end close to when I stop, as well as start when I start.
(I do understand it will not be exact.)

Advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

2017-7-2
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

Are you using the touchscreen app to pan or the joystick on the handle? If you use the app you can feather your stop by easing back to the point of origin. It actually works very well.  Using the joystick is a bit trickier. It doesn't have enough travel to really feather a pan well. But if you go to the custom settings "C1" or "C2" you can dial in the amount of smoothing it'll do on end of the pan. I like to set it to the max 30 and then just anticipate where I want it to stop. For what you want, set smoothing to a lower number. The problem I have is I often want different pan speeds for different shots and if I'm shooting continuously it's clunky to go into the menu to change it continually.
2017-7-2
Use props
fans70e2a410
lvl.1
Canada

dr.nick Posted at 2017-7-2 15:54
Are you using the touchscreen app to pan or the joystick on the handle? If you use the app you can feather your stop by easing back to the point of origin. It actually works very well.  Using the joystick is a bit trickier. It doesn't have enough travel to really feather a pan well. But if you go to the custom settings "C1" or "C2" you can dial in the amount of smoothing it'll do on end of the pan. I like to set it to the max 30 and then just anticipate where I want it to stop. For what you want, set smoothing to a lower number. The problem I have is I often want different pan speeds for different shots and if I'm shooting continuously it's clunky to go into the menu to change it continually.

Thanks dr. nick for your reply.

I am not using the app for the pan. I am using the handle itself on the Osmo to do left right pans, (no buttons, manually.)  BTW. I do not see a "feathering" option. I have three options in custom mode: Speed, Deadband and Acceleration.

I am assuming when you say "max 30" that would be the acceleration.

I guess the key word you use is "anticipate" and that's where I am having the issue. Maybe it is a question of picking a setting and then just practicing to improve my anticipation, as I do not see a major difference between settings, the pan always stops way after I have stopped the pan.
2017-7-2
Use props
MrDaniel
lvl.1

Sweden

fans70e2a410 Posted at 2017-7-2 16:19
Thanks dr. nick for your reply.

I am not using the app for the pan. I am using the handle itself on the Osmo to do left right pans, (no buttons, manually.)  BTW. I do not see a "feathering" option. I have three options in custom mode: Speed, Deadband and Acceleration.

I haven't found any settings that control how smooth the panning stops when rotating the handle but there is a smoothing setting for when using the joystick for panning. However you can learn how to stop the panning quickly if you rotate the handle a little bit in the opposite direction after you done your pan.
2017-7-3
Use props
待疯狂的渣渣
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61214 ft
Hong Kong

Here is the way you can try:

general setting---gimbal---quick configuration--C1-advance:

set the dead zone and feathering to the minimum value.
set the Acceleration and speed to the maximum value.

wish you lucky!
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please try to change the gimbal settings in 'Settings'. Select C1/C2, adjust the Deadband and Smoothing of Pan to zero, then set the Speed and Accelerated Speed to maximum, here is the screenshot for your reference.
gimbal setting.png
2017-7-3
Use props
fans70e2a410
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-3 19:14
Please try to change the gimbal settings in 'Settings'. Select C1/C2, adjust the Deadband and Smoothing of Pan to zero, then set the Speed and Accelerated Speed to maximum, here is the screenshot for your reference.

Thank you all.
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You are welcome, if you have further questions, please keep us posted.
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules