Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Multiple Drones
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Who has multiple DJI drones here? and why would you need more than one DJI drone?

Thanks for the input and infromation.
2017-7-2
Use props
Scott Ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1425223 ft
United States

I have had a p3s since Christmas and have used it for learning purposes and just come in from my maiden voyage of my new mavic pro which will broaden my possibilities of both photography and range
2017-7-2
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Lucas. I bought a P4 mid last year, and a P4P at the end of the year. I did that because I essentially wanted the better camera on the P4P, and that extravagant plan provided me with a spare drone. My partner now flys the P4 with me, and we now do videos at interesting locations together. It's very handy, as she has a different perspective to me, which makes for a better video edit later...

But I note you have a Mavic and P4. That's another reason - the Mavic for ease of transport, and the P4 for more serious photography.
2017-7-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

There are a number of good reasons to have more than one drone.

1)  When you buy your second drone, it makes sense to hang onto the first drone because, since you are intimately familiar with it, it has more value to you than what somebody is willing to pay you for a used out-dated drone.  

2)  When you lose your second drone, you can use the first drone to fly over the area in an attempt to find the second drone.

3)  After you wreck your second drone, you can still have fun flying your first drone while you're repairing the second drone.

4)  Depending on the series, after you wreck the second drone, you may have parts on the first drone which will fit the second drone.

5)  When the newest firmware bricks your second drone, you can still fly your first drone while you wait for DJI to update and unbrick the firmware of your second drone.  

6)  When the motors won't start on your second drone because you have, without a warning, stumbled into an unmapped DJI NFZ when you know the FAA TFR isn't valid for three more days (or expired three days earlier), you can use a second-party flight app such as Litchi to legally launch your first drone.  

7)  You have an unreasonable and unexplainable affection for your first drone.

2017-7-2
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-7-2 15:38
Hi Lucas. I bought a P4 mid last year, and a P4P at the end of the year. I did that because I essentially wanted the better camera on the P4P, and that extravagant plan provided me with a spare drone. My partner now flys that one with me, and we now do videos at interesting locations together. It's very handy, as she has a different perspective to me, which makes for a better video edit later...

But I note you have a Mavic and P4. That's another reason - the Mavic for ease of transport, and the P4 for more serious photography.

The P4 has been part of the river a few months back(long story) I just have the Mavic and i know the P4 has a better camera and hopefully aquire a P4A in a few days.
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules